Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match Reviews and Previews

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:20 pm
Post subject: Match Reviews and PreviewsReply with quote

Most match reviews and previews can be found on the NEW Nick's Collingwood Page, to check them out, click on the following link:

http://nick.magpies.net/match.php

If you would like to contribute to Nick's Collingwood Page, please contact Steve or myself via PM, or email.
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win by the lads.

For those who did not see/hear the game my comments if you're interested.

It was a tale of two halves as the best games always are. In the first half we were shocking. The effort was clearly there but the the turnovers were plentiful. Whilst Licuria was getting a heap of footy he was the worst. I counted 8 skill errors by him. The other offenders were Woey, Shaw, Presti and Clement. Rocca was presenting but the ball was not being delivered properly - cheif offenders were Burns, O'Bree, Maxwell, Rowe.

Equally the start of the second qtr was frustrating - Johnson, Shaw, Holland and C2 all had gettable shots and missed and it appeared the confidence was just completely lacking. Holland, Lica and Lockyer, Wakes and Presti were the best. Bit kind to Lica as Stevens was on him and clearly more damaging with only slightly less possessions.

For the Scum Kouta (morrison could not get near him), Campo (he is a pr&8k, Stevens, Betts and French were the best.

The stoppages were hurting us with French and Stevens dominating.

And then ......... there was a half time miracle. MM must have given one of the "the little boy who had no shoes' stories made famous by Jeans because as soon the second half started you could see the body language.

We struck it even in the centre clearances with Rocca nullifying French and Lica staying closer to Stevens. Lockyer got some good clearances and suddenly the momentum changed. Burns also was good (as he was in the first) and Holland tough.

Goals were traded in the first 10 mins and MM was caught short lettiing Shaw be exposed on Lappin in the fwd line. Once that move was made and the Scum stopped getting cheap frees in front of goals the pies got on top and finished up kicking 9 goals to 6 in the third. Cole was also struggling a bit - he is not a defender. I personally thought Davis was brilliant - he set up 2 goals with 3 fantastic pieces of pressure. Rowe was also v good - great link man.

The last was a continuation of the 3rd - Tazza and Rocca took over and the ball continued to come in quick, fast and precise. In the backs Presti cont'd to get loose and be a link with Rowe, Clement, Shaw, Maxwell and Woey who found space. Burns was tough at the stops as well. After looking lost both Walker and Maxwell started to show confidence. After spending first half of the last on the bench the move of Davis, Cara, Shaw and Lica into the fray in the last 10 was v good. Shaw set up 2 v improtant goals. Rocca also found the abiliity to get back and cover which was handy in last 5.

Williams kicked two that was handy and Johnson damaging at HF.

In summary what did I like;

When we kicked long we looked unbeatable - truly. We just looked like a side that could not be beaten.
Rocca, Davis, Johnson , Tazza and Rowe turned the game for me.
Lica's shear effort - he is a terrible kcik but he loves his jumer
Wakes and particularly Presti were brilliant. Presti had Fevola taking himself off - and Presti was running off him.
Tazza's ability to get himself back in the game after looking like he could care less when he was dragged.

What didn't I like;

The first half was like watching Fitzroy play in the mid 90's
O'Bree, Clement, Woey, presti, Morrison and Shaw turned the footy over to easily and better sides would have been further in front at half time.
MM not moving Rhyce quicker. He and Cole are midfielders and should be played there as Shaw showed in the last

Best for us - really a team effort. O'Bree was the only one who did not contribute a lot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: