Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How is luke going?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxychick Gemini

jay

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Luke doing in the VFL? How is his fitness going? When would he be ready for senior selection?
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:46 pm

He is doing well, fitness seems fine and if determination is anything to go by he deserves a 10 out of 10. He goes in very hard for the ball always seems to be on the bottom of the pack and doing to hard stuff.

Hopefully if he can keep up the good form at Willi we will be celebrating his first game soon Very Happy
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:44 pm

We have had 7 players blooded so far this season so Shack shouldn't be too far away. He has fine determination and willingness but needs to become a bit more flexable - hence being played in the back pocket in recent weeks.
themilleys Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:55 am

At the cocktail party last night Mick stated that Shack and Julian Rowe should both have thier first crack for the pies within the next 5 weeks. He said they just have to be consistant over that time and they will definately play. Good news for the Shack supporters out there
Tassie girl Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:51 pm

I Know for a fact that Shacks Has Lost Weight And Hes built up his muscles since i last seen him. Also Just want to add i went to a willi game a couple of weeks ago and willi got thrashed but i was so disapionted in the willi supporters calling shacks Fat!
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:02 am

This is what Bradley Gotch had to say about Luke.

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=156781

Quote:
Of the Collingwood listed youngsters who haven’t yet played AFL, who is shaping as the next best prospect at the moment?
It looks like Shacks (Luke Shackleton) is taking a bit of a step. He’s been very consistent over the past month, averaging somewhere between 22 to 26 possessions, playing as a midfielder. And you can see even with his training, he’s lifted his intensity.

He took a bit of a sacrifice a couple of months a go to go and live with one of our conditioning people for a month and get re-educated a little in how to live his life, what to expect in a day, how to push himself and do other things to help himself outside football.

Diet and exercise; cross training; general well being during the day and how to occupy your hours, things like that. I think it’s been a good insight for him.

Is it hard for him, as an in and under midfielder, given how many good players we have of that description in the seniors?
To an extent, but he’s got help himself by getting his bodyshape in order and playing a certain style of game that is not just crash and bash. That’s what we’ve been working on with him. He’s got to do a few more little things.

He’s making some progress, just looking at him in the last game, he’s running a lot better, which means he’s pushing into defence. Now we’ve just to get him working the other way – when we win the ball, breaking forward from the contest so that we can chip the ball to him.

Because he’s quite a powerful athlete and he has reasonable penetration with his kicking, so if we can get him on the end of the ball with a 25 metre pass, he could be like Burnsy, where he gets his 1 or 2 goals. Burnsy’s a master at picking up one or two goals, but we don’t see Shacks doing enough of that.

Hooked
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:08 am

Tassie girl wrote:
Quote:
Also Just want to add i went to a willi game a couple of weeks ago and willi got thrashed but i was so disapionted in the willi supporters calling shacks Fat!

Must have been the game in Tassie as I've never heard any Williamstown supporter say anything like that about him, and I've been to every game except the Tassie game.

Hooked
foxychick Gemini

jay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:36 pm

It'd be good to see Shacks get into the team soon. From everything that has been said I think Shacks will be coming into the team in the next couple of weeks. I really hope so. It'd be great for him to get the opportunity.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:24 pm

I think O'Bree was very lucky to make the side this week ahead of Shacks. Shacks has been a domminat player at VFL level in recent weeks and is very unlucky to make the side.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:44 pm

I reckon O'Bree should have gone to Willi for a week or two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: