Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
I don't need 4 days, people can irritate me in seconds, and I'm getting worse.

I'm going to either get a new front fence or research a ball killing robot, I'm sick to death of neighbours kids constantly in my front yard and garden retrieving balls.

There's a fkn park 20 metres away, go the **** in there and play.

Not long now I see until you go the full Theodore Kaczynski.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:34 pm

If next door keeps blocking my driveway and filling the court with his crap, I'm buying some super phosphate and a few litres of Diesel.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:30 pm

The Daughter has Covid for the 2nd time, her partner had to work today and the Grandson had a birthday party to go to, so Grandad steps up. Neither the kid nor her partner have tested positive, but she can't take him to the party while she's positive.

Good morning then got to her place in Glen Waverly bit after 11am, she's wearing the N95 mask inside the house, not feeling great this time, persistent cough and lethargic, but nothing bad.

Took the little bloke to Eastland for the party, about 10 kids there at the Bowling place up top on level 3 where all the restaurants are, got there right on midday. All the other parents had dropped kids off and done a runner, so I left him there and went for a wander for 30-40 minutes then went back to check on him. With his ADHD he can be a handful but I didn't need to worry, 10 boys at the party, most around 7, the fruit juice was working like crack cocaine on them and they were all amped up but he was one of the better ones. Stood there and watched for a while, when I thought he may be about to go OTT, I just caught his eye and gave him a subtle shake of the head and he self corrected. Love that kid.

The Birthday boy was indian, his parents were lovely, very laid back and friendly, I think there was only one other white kid there, the rest were sub-continental or asian and watching them all play like only amped up 7 year old boys can play was just brilliant to watch.

party was supposed to be finished by 1:45 but the joint was busy so by the time they finally got the cake it was near 3pm when I dropped him home. With the sugar from the juice, the stimulation, pizza and chips for lunch, I expected him to be bouncing off the walls but he was cool. Held my hand the walk back to the car, really laid back. Did I mention I love that kid?

And I'm going back to get him tomorrow to spend the day with me and Mum. Booked it in a few weeks ago before the daughter got Covid and her partner got last minute rostered to work tomorrow, so the daughter won't get a day out but will get a second day in a row of peace at home by herself which she probably needs more.

I'm learning how to manage my anxiety symptoms with focused breathing, only a few moths ago today I would have been twitching and cranky with things and squawing kids, today, I was just (close to) relaxed and actually enjoyed myself. Good day.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:16 pm

Well done xx
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:07 pm

Spent the day with the Grandson, love the kid and he seems to enjoy being over here which is great. Sort of nice walking down the street with him and he grabs my hand and holds it as we walk, all his decision.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:04 pm

awww love that!!!

i went to lunch with the family of the little girl that passed a couple of years ago, the younger daughter is just doing amazing, she went through so much whith her sister sick for so long. its always bitter sweet, but they have made me an honoury member of their family, and i love it. I think of Astyn so much, i have a couple of my pics of her in my studio, and her last singing video on my phone. She taught me so much, gave me belief in me, and honestly, giving the family the lasting memories is right up there with the best things i have ever done. 4 hour lunch with home made italian, oh my stars, to die for!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:10 pm

and jim beam, right now jim beam! bless his cotton socks!

yes hubby is a jerk tonight!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:51 pm

Feeling good, almost relaxed and sunshine.

Yesterday I put a post on Facebook outlining my current issues with anxiety and how I quit my job and am getting treatment,

Apart from the positive responses I received, I also got 2 private messages from people I've known from work for 20 years. 1 disclosed that she had similar and required hospitalization and 5 years to get her mojo back, the other (who I knew quit her job months ago, but I thought that was to spend time with her young son) told me she's been getting treatment for 5 months. Neither have gone public with it, which I completely understand.

A recruitment consultant approached me about a job, I declined and explained why, she disclosed that she had a bad 2022 and is now seeing a psych every fortnight.

I'm not happy that they are or have been unwell, but if that in me sharing something means they feel a little less alone and some others might benefit from the resouces I provided, yeah I'm happy with that.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:29 pm

good for you mate

i feel like i have come out from under a dark cloud since i got the hearing aids, its changed my life so much for the better

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:58 pm

Soccer!

The poms not the Aussies!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:42 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Feeling good, almost relaxed and sunshine.

Yesterday I put a post on Facebook outlining my current issues with anxiety and how I quit my job and am getting treatment,

Apart from the positive responses I received, I also got 2 private messages from people I've known from work for 20 years. 1 disclosed that she had similar and required hospitalization and 5 years to get her mojo back, the other (who I knew quit her job months ago, but I thought that was to spend time with her young son) told me she's been getting treatment for 5 months. Neither have gone public with it, which I completely understand.

A recruitment consultant approached me about a job, I declined and explained why, she disclosed that she had a bad 2022 and is now seeing a psych every fortnight.

I'm not happy that they are or have been unwell, but if that in me sharing something means they feel a little less alone and some others might benefit from the resouces I provided, yeah I'm happy with that.

Good stuff. It's amazing what a positive domino effect can be caused by disclosing our own issues. So many personal struggles remain needlessly hidden when we don't realise that others are dealing with similar stuff of their own.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:53 pm

Babysitting the Grandson tonight, daughter and partner had tickets to the Offspring toning and couldn't get a baby sitter, so Grandad to the rescue.

Dropped him off just after 5, left the car and trained into the city. He played with some 30 year old Power Rangers action figures for a bit, then a kick of the footy out the front, put the Foxtel on the Kids channel and gave him the remote, he selected some shit but he's enjoying it, inhaled a large bowl of french onion meatballs with mash and veges and is now working his way through a bowl of ice cream, raspberries, choc topping and a crushed biscuit.

Love spending time with this kid.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:13 pm

nice but what is the offspring toning?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:10 pm

Laughing

The offspring. A band. Sum 31 were the support. A few years ago I would have gone with them, but I'd rather spend time with the little bloke.

Cleaned out the spare room last week so he'd have somewhere to sleep and took a ute load of shit to Savers, more to go to the tip but I'll wait till I go to Toc on my own and have space to take it. $15 to dump in landfill is better than paying $150 to spend an hour dumping stuff in 5 different zones.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:23 am

I think toning was the auto correct version of tonight, ie. they had tickets to see the Offspring tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 77 of 100   

Jump to: