Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is he? Maybe it’s his fun, say hello, might make his day! I did 2 hours yesterday, hard stuff but it still felt like 30 min, I love doing it! It’s relaxing and somehow satisfying!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:45 pm

He isn't young, don't know how he'd respond to me walking over, he's wearing earmuffs and a mask, I think I'll just take it NQA Wink
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:31 pm

Meghan Markle and Harry have made a lot of money selling their fiction. I hope it was worth it, as they have little credibility left.

Meghan’s sacrifice is a site to behold. If sacrifice is flying first class from London to Canada after telling your in laws to get stuffed….then sign me up for some of that sacrifice.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:19 pm

People will only be interested if they have dirt to dish on the royal family.
Once the Netflix series and Harrys book are done, they have nothing left to say.

I have only seen snippets of the Netflix series but a friend has watched it. She said it won't change peoples views of the couple or the royal family - if you are pro H&M you still will be, conversely if you don't like them you still won't even more so now. Her view was that they have both used each other to get what they wanted, Meghan profile & money, Harry out of the royal family.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:09 pm

For Meghan, it wasn't enough to trash and disown her own family, she's turned to trashing and disowning her husband's family.

What a low life piece of shit.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:43 pm

Like, eg, Andrew?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:09 pm

I genuinely can’t comprehend being so invested in defending the reputation of the British Royal Family that you get angry about a former prince’s wife for saying mean (probably true) things about them.

Even more cringe than being an Elon Musk fanboy, imo.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:56 pm

Haven't watched any of it, won't watch it, don't care.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:

So good to read David’s and your posts. Here was I thinking that I was the only one not to give a royal toss about this beaten up nonsensical crap 💩

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:46 am

Idiots at the soccer last night.

Was supposed to be a fan walkout in protest at the decision to have the GF in Sydney for the next 3 years but these morons had other ideas.

Taking flares to the game and wearing balaclavas to the game as to not be identified. They are not supporters or fans just hooligans looking to cause trouble.

Always the minority who spoil it for everyone else.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:53 am

Apart from taking to the extreme this time, I'll never understand why these idiots think Flares is a legit part of the sports culture.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:14 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

So good to read David’s and your posts. Here was I thinking that I was the only one not to give a royal toss about this beaten up nonsensical crap 💩

"Things that make you go WTF" is an appropriate thread for it, at least!

The extent to which so many people (predominantly men of a certain age) are triggered by Meghan Markle really is peculiar:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/dec/18/jeremy-clarkson-condemned-meghan-column-the-sun

I can't even fathom a context in which I would listen to or care about a single thing she and Harry have to say, let alone dream of her public humiliation. Clarkson's really "posting his Ls" here.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:19 pm

No, the outrage is from dumbarses who wouldn't know a joke if it jumped out of the Pacific and bit them on the arse.

Anyone who has watched GoT knows exactly what Clarkson is joking about.

I wonder how many pin heads watched Queen Cersei being paraded through the streets and thought, "that's inciting violence against woman"? I'm outraged.

You wonder why Brits care about what Meghan is saying. It's the same as how Collingwood supporters feel when others attacked Eddie over everything, or call Darren Millane "nothing but a drunk who got what he deserved".
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:34 pm

Is it a joke? I have no doubt he's taking creative licence and not literally grinding his teeth while having visions of flinging excrement at a nude Meghan Markle, but he still seems genuinely exercised by her comments. I'm less on board with the moral handwringing in the article I posted (though it is an odd thing to write about a woman you don't like, Game of Thrones reference or otherwise) than just bemused by the fact he cares so much to write it.

If you write of someone that you "hate [them] on a cellular level", what's the joke? That you actually don't mind them all that much and are merely exaggerating for effect? Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of levity going on here: https://www.the-sun.com/news/6934667/harry-meghan-netflix-series-truth/

I understand your analogy, but just like Collingwood is and was bigger than Eddie – and many Collingwood supporters could and did criticise him while he was in charge – I'm not sure how many UK citizens really consider the Royal Family untouchable and/or feel a reflexive urge to jump to their defence whenever their honour is brought into question. Even stranger when it's people like Clarkson who've made a career out of being irreverent.

You can't spend your public life bemoaning the humourless PC crowd and then turn into a finger-wagging scold the moment someone you admire isn't being treated with due deference.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:20 pm

The parading naked through the streets is definitely a GoT reference, and Clarkson is known for his irreverence. I've read some of his collected paper articles in the past and those comments are completely on tone with how he expresses his disdain for cyclists and many other things.

He's an old, white, English, wealthy male who is strongly in favour of the Monarchy and like many of his brethren clearly doesn't like H&M's hatchet job and specifically blame her for influencing Harry.

People decrying his comments are simply throwing rocks at someone they don't like, probably justifiably so, but his opinion is hardly relevant. He's the Automotive writer equivalent of a shock jock, he likes being provocative but he's basically a tool.

The whole thing is dueling PR. personally I really don't give a shit, but if I had a choice between having a beer or 3 with H&M or W&K, I'm picking H&M every time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 52 of 66   

Jump to: