Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Doing a good deed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:37 pm
Post subject: Doing a good deedReply with quote

I thought there was a thread on this, but I couldn't find it.

I did a quick Bunnings run this arvo to get some more cord for the whipper snipper. Nearly got run over by a woman with a wonky trolley, I heard her coming as I got to the end of an aisle, as she walked past while I waited, she apologised, I just grinned and said no problems I heard you coming.

Not long afterwards, I was out in the carpark heading the the car with my purchases in one hand, same woman is now looking at the box she has in her trolley and the back of her hatchback. As I walk past, she calls out and asks if I could please help her as the item is too heavy for her.

No problems, ask her to hold my things and put the box in the back of the car for her. Just fitted, wasn't very heavy for me, no problems.

You done a good deed for someone lately?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy was looking at his Toyota Landcruiser diesel blowing white smoke. He was convinced it was a DPF issue that Toyota is being sued for.

Based on the sweet smell, I told him, he's got coolant leaking into the cylinders and he he needs to get it checked out ASAP, as if it's a head gasket, he risks some expensive engine damage.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:59 pm

well done guys...

had a toofa a couple of weeks ago, walked in the local shopping centre passed a homeless guy, bought him some protein long life breakfast drinks and a box of breakfast bars, went to the chemist on the way out, a little old lady in front of me had a huge bag of prescriptions, she was fiddling in her purse for the $5 for it, and she had tears in her eyes, i dropped a fiver in her bag, walked out and dropped another and the food in the mans bucket he had. it breaks my heart the older people who are so obviously doing it tough..... i did the same for a lady in a wheel chair a couple of months back at werribee plaza, she was looking at the butchers goods, i keep $5 notes for people in need. its a cup of coffee so...

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:03 pm

Hey, nice work there Jo and great idea.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:09 pm

I love doing, and hearing about random acts of kindness being done. So good.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:46 pm

I put a kids swingset up for sale on Facebook, $50.

After several frustrating Indian people wanting to get it for free AND have me deliver it, I was about done and was ready to put it in the park, then I got a contact who wanted it and wasn't obnoxious.

She called over late arvo today, drove up from Colac FFS, 3 kids in the back, shitiest trailer I've ever seen and a meth head older boyfriend who was actually nice.

Gave them the swingset for nothing, helped old mate carry it out, then asked her about the kids. 3 girls, 10, 3 and 8 months. I asked her if the 3 year old had a bike, she said No. I asked if she'd like one, she said yes. So I took old mate into the shed and gave them a little girls bike I'd restored. Hopefully she gets some fun out of it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:06 am

That’s awesome Stui,well done you xx
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:29 am

Good on you SM. Unconditional kindness is a beautiful gift to give someone.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:52 pm

Sometimes repayment comes quickly.

Couple of days ago I ducked down to my local IGA to grab some milk and juice. The woman in front of me had a few bags, and she was still packing stuff into big cloth bags by the time I'd paid for mine. The checkout woman asked her if she was right carrying all that (she wasn't elderly, probably 40ish but there wasn't much of her) and offered to call a boy to help her out. She's saying no, no, I think I'll be all right, so I butted in and said "If you're just going to the carpark, I'm going there too, I can carry a couple for you"

So I grabbed the 2 heaviest bags in one hand and my milk and juice in the other and followed her out to her car. She was really appreciative.

So this morning I had to go to Woolies to get some stuff. Didn't have a lot in the trolley but probably too much to go into the express checkouts, so I just lined up at a checkout behind someone who was doing their monthly shop and resigned myself to a wait.

A staff member spotted me (and my Collingwood Polo shirt that I was wearing), walked over to me and told me to come down to the express checkouts. She walked in, signed into an empty register and as she was scanning my stuff started talking footy and how I thought we would go this arvo, showed me her black and white nail polish and gave a dirty look to her colleague on the other checkout who was a St Kilda supporter, who just grinned.

Pies gotta stick together. Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:50 pm

Rode to Frankston and back this morning and had coffee at the Rebel Cafe in Chelsea which was going to have a fun show with drag performers, kids, adults and others, a party. However the religious nutters and neo Nazis took over and made threats to the owners and performers such that the event was closed.

Made sure I had a coffee there and my riding group will follow (lazy bastards didn’t go this morning)

Expressed my support and spoke with the owner who appreciated the gesture.

Great coffee, poor location.

This is our glorious leader doing what he should be doing:

"....A Melbourne drag queen targeted by activists after agreeing to host an event for children has joined Victoria’s political leaders in condemning threats and harassment that prompted the cancellation of the event..."

"....Premier Daniel Andrews on Thursday described the targeting of drag events as “the worst of American politics” creeping into the state. Opposition Leader John Pesutto said it was “disturbing” the cafe owner felt unsafe enough to cancel the event.

But Millie-Anne said this week’s events, and others including the cancellation of drag shows by Casey Council and neo-Nazis crashing a drag event in Moonee Valley last year, meant a stronger response was warranted
...."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/the-worst-of-american-politics-premier-backs-drag-performers-after-cafe-threats-20230413-p5d03x.html

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:37 pm

think positive wrote:
well done guys...

had a toofa a couple of weeks ago, walked in the local shopping centre passed a homeless guy, bought him some protein long life breakfast drinks and a box of breakfast bars, went to the chemist on the way out, a little old lady in front of me had a huge bag of prescriptions, she was fiddling in her purse for the $5 for it, and she had tears in her eyes, i dropped a fiver in her bag, walked out and dropped another and the food in the mans bucket he had. it breaks my heart the older people who are so obviously doing it tough..... i did the same for a lady in a wheel chair a couple of months back at werribee plaza, she was looking at the butchers goods, i keep $5 notes for people in need. its a cup of coffee so...

You are a bonafide Good Egg Jojo....

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:02 pm

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

I know what it’s like to live paycheck to paycheck, it may have been long ago, but I’ve never forgotten the feeling of desperation when you can’t afford the basics. Almost shame, which is sad.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:15 am

I've seen 15 people rotate through the 3 beds around me the past week.

Next to me now is 80 something year old lady, Eileen. She's had an eye operation and is a bit immobile. Various times since she's been here, I've; turned lights on and off, closed her curtains, gone down to the nurse station when she's been struggling to get up to hit the toilet.

Every time I do something for her, she says "I love you pet"

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:36 am

Nice work Skids.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:42 am

Skids wrote:
I've seen 15 people rotate through the 3 beds around me the past week.

Next to me now is 80 something year old lady, Eileen. She's had an eye operation and is a bit immobile. Various times since she's been here, I've; turned lights on and off, closed her curtains, gone down to the nurse station when she's been struggling to get up to hit the toilet.

Every time I do something for her, she says "I love you pet"

this is why you stayed in there longer, She needed you, bless you xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8   

Jump to: