Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tech Support- email issues

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:17 pm
Post subject: Tech Support- email issuesReply with quote

Hey, just wondering if anyone else is having these issues.

The mob I've organised to build my new shed up bush is having issues sending me the second invoice. It gets returned with a Microsoft undeliverable message.

He rang me this arvo, he's double checked the email address and it's fine. He's having no issues sending and receiving other emails, just to me.

I sent him an email, copying in my spare address and asked him to reply all and attach the invoice, nada.

I'm having no issues receiving emails from anywhere else, did a quick test to send my personal email one from my work email, arrived in 8 seconds.

The attachment shouldn't be too big, standard PDF he's sent to me and others before.

I don't have the access to turn the Microsoft server off and on again (standard tech report first response) so I'm flummoxed.

Anyone else having similar problems or aware of a MSN exchange or server issue?

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:42 am
Post subject: Re: Tech Support- email issuesReply with quote

^Have you whitelisted his email domain? I think MS has a 'safe senders' list somewhere.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, but I've received emails from him before no problem. With the one I sent him, he received but when he hit reply all it didn't land in either of my accounts.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:52 pm

Can he not try and send you the invoice using a web based email account and not outlook?

If that works then it should rule out any error being on your end at least.

No gmail etc then he should try sending email without the attachment and see if that gets returned.

If it doesn't then the attachment could be to large or your inbox is full.

If he can't send you even a simple email then perhaps he can try deleting your contact details from address book (thus removed from drop down menu) and re-enter manually.

Is he getting an error code included with the undeliverable message?

If so google it and you'll likely find the solution.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:18 pm

i use outlook as i need to keep business emails on file, plus i have hundreds of other personal ones for various clubs and bills etc, i $£$%^%%$ hate it! it just stops working at strange points in the day, just whenever it feels like it!

i have to control alt delete, and then close anything outlook and retart it, sometimes i have to completely restart my pc, ive spoken to them and others have the problem too. no fix yet!

i used to use a really cute email page, cant remember the name, but it didnt work straight away on windows 10 so i had to go to outlook, ugh. i have mailbird on my laptop, its heaps better!

partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:45 am

How about using snail mail?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:35 am

think positive wrote:
i use outlook as i need to keep business emails on file, plus i have hundreds of other personal ones for various clubs and bills etc, i $�$%^%%$ hate it! it just stops working at strange points in the day, just whenever it feels like it!

i have to control alt delete, and then close anything outlook and retart it, sometimes i have to completely restart my pc, ive spoken to them and others have the problem too. no fix yet!

i used to use a really cute email page, cant remember the name, but it didnt work straight away on windows 10 so i had to go to outlook, ugh. i have mailbird on my laptop, its heaps better!

My outlook periodically dies as well, i think it's a license issue. When it does i go into settings, apps, and do a quick repair on Office.

@partypie, I'm driving up to Toc this morning, I'll call into his office in Cobram on the way through and pick it up.

@ Swoop, I'm not sure what his setup is but as a business i assume he uses an email setup like outlook that lets him make subfolders to file stuff.

Thanks all anyway.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:30 am

^

You might want to try logging into the webmail system from the provider if there is one. If they sent the invoice with no text in the email body then it would go to the system spam mail before it even had a chance to get to you.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:15 pm

Nah, he's getting bounce back with an email undeliverable message. He showed me when I called in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: