Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Swans end Pies' run. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The first week is the top 4 versus the top 4 & the bottom 4 likewise only two go on

Beating Scum could possibly let Doggies in

Hold 5th spot and a chance we play Doggies

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:05 pm

^ There's no way we can play the Bulldogs (at least, not until a semi-final). If we lose, they can't make it; if we win, we finish top four.

Last edited by David on Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:06 pm

BazBoy wrote:
The first week is the top 4 versus the top 4 & the bottom 4 likewise only two go on

Beating Scum could possibly let Doggies in

Hold 5th spot and a chance we play Doggies

can't happen. If we win, we're top 4. If we lose, we are 6th and Dogs can't get in.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:07 pm

Great minds think alike, What'sinaname. Laughing
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:21 pm

Oops my error—thanks for correcting it
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:59 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
^^ ^

There’s some fair points, Boot. We generally focus on our own players failings in a loss but the reality is every win or loss is as much about the opposition as it is Collingwood. The Swans are a very good side with an average winning margin of 40 + points up there. You don’t return those numbers without applying relentless pressure on the opposition for extended periods. The first indication of any team not handling the pressure, is not handling the ball well.
It’s also a competition that doesn’t lend its self to extended winning streaks and at some point, there will always come a day when a playing collective subconsciously gets a little comfortable and the foot comes off the accelerator ( notice our poorest “ effort “ came immediately after knowing we’re going to play finals )
The players don’t mean to relax but it just happens in most elite environments. If it didn’t, then we’d never have upsets. I’m not saying thats why we lost but I am saying we are certainly capable of being much better than what we saw against the Swans, particularly elsewhere.
I think we will continue to be competitive against the best anytime we play on the G and why wouldn’t we because our game style revolves around that grounds dimensions.
We are going to learn a lot more about this group on the rebound and that’s something we haven’t seen for nearly three months now.
Bring it on.

That is a great analysis P2016. I think the points you make about unconscious relaxation are very valid. And also that our game style is based on the shape and dimensions of the MCG, while the Swans have perfected the SCG.
Agree, the response to this defeat is going to be very informative. Our team has not experienced defeat for a long time. How will they respond? It is a challenge that we need to face.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:23 pm

^ You learn more from you defeats, than your victories, this applies to nearly all sports, games etc. And i have NO doubt, our players, and Fly, learnt a heck of a lot from that loss, undoubtedly.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Marvelos 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:41 pm

Why don’t we just load up with VFL players and go the knuckle?
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:32 am

I like it👍👍👍
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:49 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
^^ ^

There’s some fair points, Boot. We generally focus on our own players failings in a loss but the reality is every win or loss is as much about the opposition as it is Collingwood. The Swans are a very good side with an average winning margin of 40 + points up there. You don’t return those numbers without applying relentless pressure on the opposition for extended periods. The first indication of any team not handling the pressure, is not handling the ball well.
It’s also a competition that doesn’t lend its self to extended winning streaks and at some point, there will always come a day when a playing collective subconsciously gets a little comfortable and the foot comes off the accelerator ( notice our poorest “ effort “ came immediately after knowing we’re going to play finals )
The players don’t mean to relax but it just happens in most elite environments. If it didn’t, then we’d never have upsets. I’m not saying thats why we lost but I am saying we are certainly capable of being much better than what we saw against the Swans, particularly elsewhere.
I think we will continue to be competitive against the best anytime we play on the G and why wouldn’t we because our game style revolves around that grounds dimensions.
We are going to learn a lot more about this group on the rebound and that’s something we haven’t seen for nearly three months now.
Bring it on.

That is a great analysis P2016. I think the points you make about unconscious relaxation are very valid. And also that our game style is based on the shape and dimensions of the MCG, while the Swans have perfected the SCG.
Agree, the response to this defeat is going to be very informative. Our team has not experienced defeat for a long time. How will they respond? It is a challenge that we need to face.

Yes indeed, the additional 3,700m2 is much more up our alley.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:51 am

Marvelos wrote:
Why don’t we just load up with VFL players and go the knuckle?

Even if this were in any way a good idea, most of our listed players in the VFL are, like, 19 years old and would be snapped in half. It's not like we have a dozen Stan Magros running around in there. Laughing

Marvelos 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:11 am

I haven’t read a specific rule stating you can’t take weapons onto the field Smile
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:40 am

Good point – and if any case gets sent to the tribunal, we can always get Patrick Cripps' legal team to get them off!
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:44 pm

Huge rumour that the entire legal team are all in Washington being paid mega millions to get Donald Trump’s charges dropped. Trump has also received AFL support for getting away with anything naughty, along with Rudi Giuliani. They will ensure that there won’t be an appeal. Apparently the catch phrase is “nothing to see here, move along” 🫣🤤😪

Last edited by lazzadesilva on Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:44 pm

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: