Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Malevolent Morrison Muppet Goverment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve appointed myself manager at work and admiral of the Navy.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:59 pm

Let us know how that works out for you. Laughing
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:21 am

stui magpie wrote:
"Political norms and conventions". Isn't that just a different way of saying "Custom and practice" which is the way things normally get done, even though there's no rules or policy in place to say it has to be done that way?

I'm not defending Morrison, I just don't get the angst.

I get why Ministers would feel pissed off that the boss got sworn in to get their ministerial powers without telling them, but why would Albo be so worked up?

Because he needs to get everyone worked up over something, must have something to hide or he wants people to forget the Greens caved to him on the first bill out of the gate.

It’s one of those things people just get upset about because they follow politics like football teams.

It’s clear Albo will be trying to throw as much dirt as they can now they’ve got the keys, when Dans sins catch up to him I imagine the shredders in Spring St will be working overtime Wink
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I get why Ministers would feel pissed off that the boss got sworn in to get their ministerial powers without telling them, but why would Albo be so worked up?

That's pretty much my impression. The people who should be (and apparently are) most upset about this are Liberals, and fair enough I guess. But for me it's pretty low on the last government's list of sins, especially in the specific realm of things they hid from the public – for me, Morrison having a few secret extra ministerial responsibilities is dwarfed in importance by, for instance, that government's many abuses of national security legislation.

Edit: here's Morrison's justification:

https://www.facebook.com/scottmorrisonmp/posts/pfbid0agDnQAkaf8LsywUqYb3wHw55HNe4Pda5sKzBhWtAAqWDAe4G62yg7FXUGxEzumVcl

On face value, at least, it seems a fairly reasonable excuse, and if he's telling the truth, I hope that those still condemning it on principle weren't the first ones to leap to the defence of the various convention-breaking measures taken by the Andrews government during the pandemic that increased the governing party's powers or reduced democratic accountability.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:03 pm

Putting aside the politics - as to which I don’t give a toss - it was an unacceptable interference with the doctrines of ministerial accountability and parliamentary sovereignty. It might not have been harmful in this case but it simply must not and cannot happen. The Governor-General should not have accepted the appointments absent a guarantee of public notification. The strange thing about it is that I can’t see any particular reason why secrecy was apt, still less necessary. It was just a misconceived approach.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:30 pm

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2022/08/15/barilaro-withdrew-ny-position-scott-morrison-already-in-role/

https://twitter.com/hughriminton/status/1559509557621055489?s=10&t=tEn1Lu0u3d4uDzexYxCzKg

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:33 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Let us know how that works out for you. Laughing

Looks like Morrison already appointed himself Admiral 🤦‍♂️

Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:06 pm

You elderly are so easily amused. Laughing Wink
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:12 pm

The hypocrisy of the left…
2019-ScoMo can’t delegate responsibility he has to do everything himself
2022- ScoMo can’t interfere in other portfolios, he has to trust his Ministers…
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:15 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

That's pretty much my impression. The people who should be (and apparently are) most upset about this are Liberals, and fair enough I guess. But for me it's pretty low on the last government's list of sins, especially in the specific realm of things they hid from the public – for me, Morrison having a few secret extra ministerial responsibilities is dwarfed in importance by, for instance, that government's many abuses of national security legislation.

https://www.facebook.com/scottmorrisonmp/posts/pfbid0agDnQAkaf8LsywUqYb3wHw55HNe4Pda5sKzBhWtAAqWDAe4G62yg7FXUGxEzumVcl

On face value, at least, it seems a fairly reasonable excuse, and if he's telling the truth, I hope that those still condemning it on principle weren't the first ones to leap to the defence of the various convention-breaking measures taken by the Andrews government during the pandemic that increased the governing party's powers or reduced democratic accountability.

But Dan didn’t appoint himself minister, as far as we know, he simply sidelined every single one of them and ran the state from his office, much more acceptable.

That is except for the decisions they $%$ed up, then he’s happy to pass the buck.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:55 pm

Don't forget that the CHO had the power at the time to make the rules, but wasn't allowed to. Dan made the rules and the CHO signed them off, with zero transparency.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:11 pm

Bloody iPhones 😉

stui magpie wrote:
You elderly are so easily amused. Laughing Wink

😉 the Malevolent Misogynistic Muppet Morrison continues to give (even in opposition) now shows remarkable Misunderstanding of the Australian Constitution. His former colleagues are quite rightly livid. He’s also thrown the GG under the bus with the GG saying he would have expected the PM not to be secretive about the appointments. The GG is quite right.

Many similarities with Idi Amin who appointed himself Field Marshall 😂

My girlfriend Laura Tingle and a leading constitutional expert in law nailed it again on the 7:30 report tonight showing just how ill informed Scotty as evidenced by his underwhelming presser today.

His Liberal Party and National Party colleagues are furious with this pathetic excuse of a former PM.

As I noted earlier this is all about accountability a hallmark of the Westminster System of Government.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:18 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I hope you haven’t appointed yourself a constitutional lawyer; Morrison’s made it worse not better and has placed the GG in an invidious position.

I draw your attention to those who know (not just moi)

https://www.abc.net.au/7.30/

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:09 pm

Guy Rundle from Crikey is interesting on the Emperor Sco Mo 😂

https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/08/18/scott-morrison-phantom-ministries-god-politics/

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:53 pm

The fetish for the ex PM continues.

According to sources, Brett Rutten has been shattered to find he's out of a job. Clarkson is also having to revisit his options as news emerged that Scomo installed himself as Essendon Coach 6 months ago

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 18 of 24   

Jump to: