Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What did you find odd today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Not a small town, hence the Confused

I live in Watsonia, mechanic is in Heidelberg Heights, cop was from Heidelberg cop shop.

When I emailed her, I told her where it was supposed to be.

It's a semi industrial area opposite a cemetary. I'm guessing cops on random patrols have noted it parked outside (hopefully) the mechanics at night and thought they'd check in to make sure I hadn't been killed and the ute dumped, but I really have NFI.
it shouldnt be outside it should be in their yard,
but thats excellent police work

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Spoke to the cop today, thanked her for the welfare check. She said someone, a nearby resident, reported the ute with a cracked window so they looked up the address and followed up.

They don't have a yard, so if they've left it outside and someones smashed a window, that might explain why I still haven't got it back. Sad Mad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:50 pm

wonder what their insurance is like - my brotherinlaw lost his boat that way, didnt get any where near the value back
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:57 pm

Yeah, we'll see. If they left it outside and something got busted, they can fix it at their expense, not mine.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:54 am

I’d love to be a fly on the wall when you next chat with the mechanic, Stui! Their explanation should be interesting. Shocked
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:02 pm

You would have been a very bored fly.

After waiting all week, rang up this morning, got some bloke who didn't know they had a Ute there, so I asked for the boss to call me back.

Headed to Knifeland in Preston, had a very nice Bahn Mi and a cup of chicken Pho for brunch, got a call back on the way home.

Long story short, been really busy, not ready yet, need to do the timing chain, 5 hours work, definitely ready next week.

So I said, I had an interesting phone call from the Cops on Monday, someone reported the ute being parked in a street no where near where I live with cracked window(s).

Silence for a couple of seconds

Then he said he left it on the street for a while (2 weeks ago) when he took it for a test drive and it stopped (which he told me about) but there's no cracked windows.

I left it there, if something was cracked, he's fixed it, or the person who reported it was mistaken. Either way IDGAF as long as I get it back sometime soon in working condition .

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:16 pm

Coming back to Melbourne yesterday in the Ute (yes, it's working again) just a km or 2 out of Numurkah I saw a paddock full of camels.

I'm used to seeing Alpacas but Camels?

About 30 of them, single humpers, enjoying the pasture.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:32 pm

Awwwww
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:34 pm

I had to do a reference check yesterday. Nothing unusual about that, but the guy I had to contact was the head of global IT for Emirates Airlines, in Dubai. Shocked

How the **** do you cold call someone like that?

So I sent him an email in the morning, asking if I could call between 4-5pm Melbourne time, which is 9-10am Dubai time, he replied at 7am Dubai time to say that was fine, so away we go.

Next problem, work mobile doesn't have international calling enabled, Microsoft Teams doesn't let you call a mobile number, so I asked the local IT department and they said to use WhatsApp.

5 minutes before I'm due to call, I check out WhatsApp on the work mobile, you can only call contacts and have to invite people to WhatsApp to call their mobile. FMD.

So I just used my personal mobile to call. NFI what that's going to cost, if I don't like it I'll pass it on to work (after I've left_ and ask for a reimbursement.
Hell of a nice bloke though, totaly anglo name yet had an Arabic accent, I guess 20+ years working there will do that to you.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:49 pm

2 days in a row I've been stuck behind someone at a checkout paying with coins. Shocked
Old bloke at Bunnings yesterday, grabbed a $7.50 container of fertiliser, was digging through his wallet pulling out 20, 10, 5c pieces, no gold in sight. After a few minutes he tipped all the coins on the counter and the checkout chick had to do maths and count up the money.

This arvo, a woman at the Tatts agency, doing the same thing, "Hang on, I've got more" she said as she was scattering 5 and 10c pieces on the counter.

Seriously?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:05 pm

I bought the golf clubs back from Toc, I haven't played in years so I thought this arvo I'd go and try 9 holes. Then of course it started raining. Rolling Eyes So instead I headed down to the Mini golf place in Plenty Rd that had a driving range out the back. Had I say, not anymore, someone's building on the land. What they have instead is several of those Gold simulator things, where you stand in front of a screen, whack the ball and a camera behind you feeds into a computer that analyses your swing and gives you a whole bunch of information, as well as a visual depiction of where the ball would have gone.

Interesting experience. Started off with the 7 iron, working ok surprisingly, then 5 iron, ditto, then the hybrid 3, also worked quite well, then the Driver and it all turned to shit. Big slice. Tried to correct it, all that did was punch it straight to the left.

If I'm going to go back to playing, I think it's time to see a pro and get the technique tuned. It's been over 40 years since I had lessons.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:00 pm

Strange tooth extraction this morning.

Tooth was buggered. Had a root canal on it years ago and for reasons I can't recall, didn't go with the crown but instead had it filled. Well, the filling eventually busted and there's only a small part of tooth left. Not enough to get a grip on to pull the whole thing out.

I've had wisdom teeth out in the chair before, neddle you up, get a decent grip on it, twist and pull. You feel a build up of pressure before a loud crack and a pop and out it comes. Pretty quick.

This involved an hour in the chair while the dentist basically drilled away the rest of the tooth and filling, including the fillings that had been packed into the roots. Then pull the roots out one at a time. 3 of the bastards, last one had an odd shape and was the only one that hurt.

Different way of doing it, but seemingly less traumatic to the mouth. She whacked in a couple of stiches and I didn't even need the gauze pad over the wound, it stopped bleeding before I got out of the chair.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I bought the golf clubs back from Toc, I haven't played in years so I thought this arvo I'd go and try 9 holes. Then of course it started raining. Rolling Eyes So instead I headed down to the Mini golf place in Plenty Rd that had a driving range out the back. Had I say, not anymore, someone's building on the land. What they have instead is several of those Gold simulator things, where you stand in front of a screen, whack the ball and a camera behind you feeds into a computer that analyses your swing and gives you a whole bunch of information, as well as a visual depiction of where the ball would have gone.

Interesting experience. Started off with the 7 iron, working ok surprisingly, then 5 iron, ditto, then the hybrid 3, also worked quite well, then the Driver and it all turned to shit. Big slice. Tried to correct it, all that did was punch it straight to the left.

If I'm going to go back to playing, I think it's time to see a pro and get the technique tuned. It's been over 40 years since I had lessons.

Played lawn bowls yesterday. I’m a little better at it than I was at golf! I actually won 3 games! 1st and second in 2 of them! But I think it’s more we were all shit at it! It was fun though!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:42 pm

Got an email from Vicroads saying my drivers licence is expiring and I can renew it online, no need to get a photo.

I'm registered on the Vicroads website, I pay my rego online all the time, so I logged in and yep, just renew the licence, pay and they'll send me out my new one, no need to get a photo taken.

Is this something new or is it just because I'm old now? By the time this licence expires the photo will be 20 years old, pretty ambitious to think I'll still look the same.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Got an email from Vicroads saying my drivers licence is expiring and I can renew it online, no need to get a photo.

I'm registered on the Vicroads website, I pay my rego online all the time, so I logged in and yep, just renew the licence, pay and they'll send me out my new one, no need to get a photo taken.

Is this something new or is it just because I'm old now? By the time this licence expires the photo will be 20 years old, pretty ambitious to think I'll still look the same.

id kill to change my passport pic, ugh, its so bad! it was before a face thread lift, a little filler to fix the bells palsy difference, and not quite bee-sting lips!

i did hubbies overseas licence, and our cruise passes, light edit in lightroom, much better than trusting them when im flustered getting on board or 2 cocktails in! hubby had his orange fluro on, i changed it to cruise ship blue!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 83 of 84   

Jump to: