Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics TP.

Everything today made me happy, been a glorious day with the Pies, Sharks and catching up with old friends.

But I don’t know whether to put this in the happy or pisses me off thread 😂😂 As I’ve moved a few times over the years back and forth I’ve compiled a lot of shit and it’s mostly in plastic tubs at Mums place along with the rest of the families junk. But there is some good stuff hidden amongst it, today I found a pair of old Collingwood VFL shorts that belonged to Daics that I was given a long time ago as a kid.

Anyway, for the last 6 months since I moved into my new place I’ve been trying to find some trophies of mine to put in my display cabinet, I’ve searched every time I go home. Yet tonight I notice in one of these tubs that seemed to have my parents bowling trophies so I assumed it wasn’t any of my stuff, the Collingwood 2010 premiership cup. So I got it out and Lo and behold, there were the 2 trophies I’ve been searching for and another I’d forgotten about.

Yet I’m sure I’d already looked in that tub months ago…Anyway happy to have them but I’m sure I’m not the only one who can’t find things then they pop up somewhere you’re adamant you’ve looked!!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:00 pm

Spent some time on Tuesday with someone who tested positive for Covid on Wednesday, did a RAT, negative and no symptoms
'
Working a 4 day week, love it.

Spent 2 hours this arvo playing Crash Team racing on the PS4.

Keeping the walking up in the mornings, minimum 30 minutes and keeping under 9 minutes per km. This morning did just over 5km in 45 minutes. Very happy with that.

Bought a new pair of walking shoes today, put my right big toe through the current pair plus the grip on the sole is worn down to the point they work on concrete but are like ice skates on anything damp. Got em half price Very Happy

Get the Ute back next week.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:35 am

COOOOOLLLLIIIINNNGGGGWWWWOOOODDDDDDD!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:51 pm

think positive wrote:
COOOOOLLLLIIIINNNGGGGWWWWOOOODDDDDDD!

WOOOOOOO Cool

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:40 pm

Port Douglas Holiday booked for first week of September. Cool
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:22 pm

WTF? your taking holidays in September?? ill never do that again!!!

enjoy!

so my eldest came to visit last night with the poochy, says she has huge news.... no no grandchild yet! Just that the CEO of the company she has worked for for a year rang and said they are so happy with her vetting/interviewing work, they will continue to get her on a management path, oh and we are giving you a 20% payrise! yep the kid who didnt get out of bed before 11 all through uni! well done, l take my hat of to her!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:08 pm

A few things actually; Checking in for our flligt to Melbourne tomorrow, 2 of my speccy shares jumping 20% on a great first up drill hole, with 5 to come and a very attractive job offer.

Ah yes, since quitting alcohol (almost 3yr's ago now), I must say, life has turned some amazing corners Cool

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:47 pm

Goodonya, happy for you.

It all comes down to quality of life. I like a drink, stopping drinking might prolong life a bit, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much. Everyone's brain works differently.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:01 pm

Daughter, SIL and G’son staying at our place this week. Rode to Frankston and back with Tom the SIL. He does triathlons and did the City to Surf run last week.

80 km and Oliver’s Hill. A bit sore now as I did a tough spin class last night (hills practice)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:21 pm

Nice to have family around, enjoy, but you can bash your cycling up where the sun don't shine.

I've worked up a good pace on my morning walks, consistently well under 9 min per km. This morning did 4.38km in 38.3 minutes followed up with a routine on the Kettlebell, Y bell and stretches on the resistance strap.

The other thing that made me happy, the shed up in Toc has passed the first level of the convoluted centralised approval process. $7k payment to get the materials started to be built.

4.5x9m shed plus carport, with plumbing to allow a shower, toilet and sink. Approved (so far)

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:32 pm

Good job Stui.

My fitness has dropped off big time over the last month, there just isn’t any daylight left when I get home and not much in the way of we’ll lit walking trails. Hopefully cricket training kicks off soon and o can get moving again.

As to what made me happy today, borrowed a car from work got the weekend and in a company car I drove much more sensibly than usual 😂. So heading in on the Calder where the stupid 80 zone is that I never do less than 100 on, I slowed to 80 for a change and get to the end and bang, highway patrol car.

Phew!!! So weekend off great, save on tolls, petrol and didn’t get a large speeding fine!!!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:52 pm

Something big happened yesterday Wink
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:37 pm

Jezza wrote:
Something big happened yesterday Wink

F*ck yeah. Still buzzing

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:27 pm

I had an even greater day than watching us ruin Carlton fans doing something that hasn’t been possible since before Covid. Best thing was it was just like pre Covid, no masks or other bullshit to be seen.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:38 pm

I think it's the greatest H&A season victory we might ever see.

I'm still on cloud nine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 71 of 100   

Jump to: