Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made me laugh today... Pt 2

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching some old school builders building a 2 story town house across the road.

No pre-fab trusses here, each piece of timber passed up, arranged and nailed together with the Paslode guns, blokes walking around 6 metres up in the air along 90x35 timber beams, no harness, no railing, no hard hats, just work boots shorts and singlets.

they've got Gold FM playing on the site radio, one of them joining in, "We're the kids in America, Whoo Hoo" Bang Bang.

Sitting on the front porch watching, I feel like I should have paid for tickets.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:21 pm

This could go in the Covid thread but......it made me laugh

Quote:
A woman who refused to check in at a Canberra store during the height of the 2021 COVID-19 outbreak has been fined $450.

Elvira Shagabuddinova was found guilty of trespass, failing to comply with public health directions and refusing to provide her name to police in the ACT Magistrates Court today.

Hell of a name

Quote:
The 39-year-old was arrested in August 2021 after she failed to check-in at a St Vincent de Paul store in Greenway, in Canberra's south, as per the ACT government mandate.

She did not appear in court today, but had previously told the court she was exempt from public health orders as she was a "sovereign state".

Ehhh, yeah right.

Quote:
The court heard that after Shagabuddinova refused to check in using the CheckIn CBR app, store managers called the police, where she then failed to comply with police directions and refused to give her name.

CCTV footage played in court showed Shagabuddinova repeatedly saying she knew her rights, and telling police she was "a living woman".

"Answer the question. Am I a living woman?," she asked police when they requested her name.

"I'm not going to tell you anything about me, you can call me living woman, that's it."

Ehhhhh, yeah, OK, Pull that shit on cops in the USA and she might no longer be a living woman.

Quote:
She was referred for a mental health assessment and was found not to be suffering from any mental health issues.

I suggest a second opinion.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-20/woman-fined-for-refusing-to-check-in-at-canberra-store/100769130

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:27 pm

What with her and Teresa van Lieshout, people with bizarre names are having quite a moment!

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-sa/former-political-candidate-teresa-van-lieshout-refused-bail-over-alleged-bid-to-start-rival-police-force-and-overthrow-government/news-story/cd3d02b5a2d65f9d66273088d3abcfed

Nominative determinism, I think they call it …

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:46 pm

The Wiggles winning Triple J Top 100 with cover of Tame Impala song Elephant.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:07 am

Was watching the news last night and they had a story about the general store on French island. The name of the proprietor was Neil Le Serve.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:38 am

More nominative determinism, perhaps? Laughing

(Has anyone else been to French Island, by the way? It's such a bizarre place. That convenience store is pretty much the only sign of human life you'll see there, apart from the odd beaten-up ute passing by.)

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:54 am

I went there once, a thousand years ago, with a hired bicycle. I cannot recall whether I reached the shop - but I do remember thinking it was less idyllic than basically any island I had been to, anywhere.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:30 pm

David wrote:
What with her and Teresa van Lieshout, people with bizarre names are having quite a moment!

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-sa/former-political-candidate-teresa-van-lieshout-refused-bail-over-alleged-bid-to-start-rival-police-force-and-overthrow-government/news-story/cd3d02b5a2d65f9d66273088d3abcfed

Nominative determinism, I think they call it …

Palmer dumped her as a candidate, that says she's full cuckoo.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:26 pm

I called into the Tourist information centre in Toc today to grab a couple of community calendars. Instead of the usual 2 or 3 old women there was a lone bloke. We got talking, turns out he lives across the road from my place.

A few doors up is an AC cement sheet cottage that sold 5 years ago for $120k and has just been sold for $310k with zero work done to it. Shocked

Bloke knows the woman's who's been renting there. She's had to move out next week as the new owners are getting it restumped and she's pissed off.

She's got a new place but all her dope plants are only 3 weeks from ready. They're too big to dig out and transplant but not mature enough to harvest.

I have NFI why he shared that but I laughed.

I also had to laugh when he said he'd seen my mum at the house. Ehhhhh, that's my cousin. She's 16 months older than me. I haven't told her yet, Wink

#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:51 pm

Bill Burr's podcast on You Tube. He does a twice weekly podcast that usually drops on Tuesday and Friday mornings just in time to listen to on the drive in to work. He's a sports fan too, so he talks about sport as well shooting the breeze about anything else that pops into his head.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAp990eMLzmei84WNR4ptgA
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:08 pm

Are you into Chapo Trap House, #26? I listen to the podcast pretty regularly, and often find it quite funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oGsiWlgYEE

#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:49 pm

No. I'll check them out.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Watching some old school builders building a 2 story town house across the road.

No pre-fab trusses here, each piece of timber passed up, arranged and nailed together with the Paslode guns, blokes walking around 6 metres up in the air along 90x35 timber beams, no harness, no railing, no hard hats, just work boots shorts and singlets.

they've got Gold FM playing on the site radio, one of them joining in, "We're the kids in America, Whoo Hoo" Bang Bang.

Sitting on the front porch watching, I feel like I should have paid for tickets.

Worksafe should be around soon
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:23 pm

had the little girl from next door over twice in 15 minutes this arvo. her brother had kicked the soccer ball over the fence. The first time he came with her, the second time she came alone as I assume mum had him in disgrace.

Little 5 year old dot, cute as a button. Got a summer dress on, with runners that sparkle with lights when she walks and unicorn socks with wings on the back of them. And oh so serious. Second time she comes over she's all apologetic, saying mum said it won't happen again.

Ball is up in a bush, I manage to knock it down next to the fence in the plants and ask her if she can go in and get it. Off she goes then stops. Between her and the ball is a spiderweb curtain. OK, get her out of there and go get the broom to drag it out. Mum calls out over the fence apologising.

As the little one walks out the door she says sorry again and says it won't happen again. I just say to her, well try to not let it happen again but accidents happen.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:20 am

Oooh I wonder where she got the socks! Cute story xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22   

Jump to: