Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, well done you. I'm likewise feeling pretty normal. This the lomgest break I've had since the end of 2020 and enjoying it, got the time, motivation and decent weather to do some stuff around the Melbourne house.

Doing some weeding and cutting back stuff that should have been pruned in Spring except we didn't get one. 2 hours work this morning and I looked like I'd just had a shower with my clothes on but happy with the results.

Just finished watering the front garden while having a couple of beers, now to kick back with a gin and aperol and read Billy Connellys autobiography. Cheers.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:17 pm

Nice! I’m flaked on the couch after 3 hours of JetSki ing and laying on the beach!

Back home tomorrow!

But combined with the 4 days in qld, I’m feeling so much more positive,

Cheers

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:01 pm

Good weather and feeling relaxed. Up at 7 this morning for a walk, then after breakfast walked to the timber yard for a length of 90x35 so I could hang a small blind up. Where I sit in the morning on the front porch, the sun beats down on me as soon as it rises over the neighbours roof. Lovely in Winter but not so much in summer, so just got a cheap matchstick blind from bunnings, put a rail up and hung it. Works beautifully.

Mowed and watered the back yard, then went to Fantastic Furniture to get a cube bookshelf to use as a DVD rack in Toc. So nice and normal just being able to go to shops on spur of moment to buy something rather than having to do delivery or click and collect.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:47 pm

Started my new job today. De Ja Vu all over again.

12 months ago I went into an empty office , met the boss, had a morning orientation and then left with a pile of IT equipment in the car to work at home. Same today.

Surface laptop works fine, setting everything up was easy, another fkn iPhone but at least this one is big enough to read.

Next 2 weeks is stacked with "meet and greet" online meetings, shitpile of online training and researching how things currently work, reading policies, snooping through shared drives and generally getting my head around things.

Yoiks and away.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:28 pm

Enjoy!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:56 pm

Cheers, feels a bit like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sICy5oSHHzA
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:41 pm

First week of new job, back working 4 day week at the perfect time.

I spent a good chunk of today shopping for a 6 year olds Birthday Party.

Thank Covid crowds were down.

Omelette with salad for breakfast, then hit the shops. Kmart, Target, Rebel. Shopping list was a skate ramp or a Captain America Shield.

No luck at Greensborough, next stop Costco. No luck there either but got a Sandwich platter, burgers, sausages and coleslaw for the party tomorrow. Decided against trying my luck in Epping Plaza (didn't want to leave the food in the car and poison someone) headed home, food in fridge and off to Knifeland in Preston.

Success, got the skate ramp from Kmart, a Spiderman stretchy action figure and a Collingwood jacket and drink bottle from the AFL shop.

Now to get the old girl out of bed and ready to go by 10am tomorrow, might require a car battery and jumper leads. Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:48 pm

Surely someone else is happy.

So I went to the daughters house for the grandsons 6th birthday.

A few rellies and friends of her partner were already there and Ty was amped up to 11. Very nice low key party, Ty was the star of the show and the 30 something guests (age, not number) indulged him and it was great to watch while I was cooking on the BBQ.

Son showed up with his brother, left Princess Fiona and the Shreklings behind, don't know didn't ask, just glad they were absent.

My kids sister was there, haven't seen her for years, got a hug and had a chat.

Highlight for me was after they did the birthday cake for Ty and everyone sang and he blew the candles out, the daughter bought out another one for my mum who's birthday is next weekend. I may have planted a suggestion, they cleared it off with Ty so there wer eno attention issues.

So immediately after his cake celebrations, they bring out mums cake and Ty takes charge, asking mum how many candles she wants and agreeing with her to "help" blow the candles out. He put the candles in, stepped back while the song was sung, led the "Hip Hip" part and then blew them out for her. Showed mum the video later, she was very happy.

Good day.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Good stuff, seeing other people happy, makes me happy 😃.
Too much negative juju around at the moment.

Nice day today, pottering around the house while hubby tidied up the garden.
Watched a bit of tennis with a champers cocktail (or two) and then bbq tea

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:55 pm

Sounds perfect, you're right about the negative Juju, life is for living not surviving.

Fkn hot day, but just standing in the front yard watering the garden with the hose while having a beer (or 3).

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:40 pm

Tomorrow I start my new job, moved from the shitty country town where I have to travel at least an hour to go to any major stores, to the major regional town where everything I need is here! Doing the same job for same organisation I’ve been with since May last year, just a new office and a new boss!

Excited and a little nervous about the new position and new people, it’s a bigger office and I’ve heard they’re a bit more pedantic with the Covid rules.

Also managed to somehow jag a place in the highly competitive rental market, was a bit cheaper than similar and smaller units I visited. But have to wait a month for it to be available so it’s a month in a motel, first two weeks at least is at works expense!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:47 pm

Hope the job went well!

I spent the day getting fed way too much at the home of the little Angel that passed away. I gave mum an A3 photo of her I re edited, Nan a bottle of wine, and the younger sister lots of rainbow unicorn stuff! She has this amazing chair and today mum totally surprised me by saying let’s go shoot on the chair! I even got her in a sparkly gown! Nan had a ball, and the littly danced up a storm in my tutus! After lunch. I gave her some swimming lessons In their pool! And Nan gave me food for hubby! I’m coming back as an Italian! Oh man the food! I’m knocked but happy knackered. She’s always there, but they are recovering. Such an amazing family. It’s humbling.

Cheers

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:23 pm

Well done you.

To be fair, no one sane ever chose English cuisine over Italian. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:19 am

truth!
apart from roast potatoes and yorkshire pudding, its pretty crap!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:14 am

Junior had her first interview today, panel of three on zoom, before she had others lined up face to face, they said "cancel them please, we would really love to see you thursday for preperation etc! we dont need to see anyone else!!" the guy from a school she worked out gave her such a glowing reference, (he started with yeah shes great brings in a slab a day to keep us on side!!) as did the next work experience teacher, they had pretty much decided before her interview!!

i am so $£$%^%%$ happy right now! shes at a prep to 9 full time PE teacher!!! yipppeeee Go get em kid!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 60 of 100   

Jump to: