Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win for Bucks. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Ash comes in to help Mihocek and Cameron up forward as a tall target. They played well last game, but I feel we need another marking option to go with those two and Elliott. These 4 marking options and McCreery and Sidebottom crumbing would be ideal and we should be able to kick more goals with this team.

The past 2 seasons, our backline has been our strongest point, and its funny now that in R16 when De Goey comes back, I feel we will have our strongest midfield possible, with a mix of Adams, De Goey, Pendles, Crisp, Daicos, Hoskin-Elliott, Poulter and Grundy in there, and a forward line of Cameron, Mihocek, Ash, Elliott, McCreery, Sidey and Bianco is better than any forward line we have fielded this year. Our backline has become our weakest line with no Moore, Maynard, and Howe, along with Crisp moving into the midfield.

I think our changes could be:

Adams for De Goey - really a straight swap between the two as they are our best two inside mids.

Grundy for Lynch - although Lynch played well, Grundy is an immediate upgrade, so Lynch is omitted.

Keane for Madgen - Similar players, both their strengths is their marking, although I think Keane is a bit better, both players kicking is questionable, but I think Madgen's experience makes him a tad better. Overall, they are fairly even players, but the nod goes to Keane as he is younger.

Ash Johnson for Thomas - Ash provides another marking option. Thomas is not a good enough ball winner at half forward to be pushing up the ground to be another mid, and he isn’t a dangerous forward anymore.

Kelly for Moore - Unfortunate that Moore is gone for the year, but it gives an opportunity to Will Kelly. I want him to play all year now, but I feel he may not be ready. If this is the case, then Maynard is good enough to take the second best tall if he isnt out for too long, but if he is, then Keane will have to step up. Best case scenario Kelly holds his own and holds his spot for the rest of the year.

Wilson for Maynard - We don’t know enough information on Maynard yet, but if he isn’t right after the bye then Wilson is the best available defender to come into the side.

(Subs) Sier for Rantall - Sier should be available so he can come in as the sub. Harvey might opt for Sier in the 22 instead of Murphy, in which I would be fine with Murphy as sub. Thomas could be another option if they feel we don’t have enough experience in the team, and he could provide something when he comes on.

I think if we play like we did against Melbourne, with the better/faster ball movement, then we still have a real chance to win this, despite the losses of Moore, De Goey and Maynard. Roughead will go to Taberner, and the inexperience of Keane and Kelly may not be too much of a flaw against Lobb (inconsistent) and Treacy (young also). I believe we will lose in a close one, but it all depends on if Maynard can play or not, as he is our best lockdown defender and our best defender period without Moore.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:52 pm

Alex wrote:
I hope Ash comes in to help Mihocek and Cameron up forward as a tall target. They played well last game, but I feel we need another marking option to go with those two and Elliott. These 4 marking options and McCreery and Sidebottom crumbing would be ideal and we should be able to kick more goals with this team.

The past 2 seasons, our backline has been our strongest point, and its funny now that in R16 when De Goey comes back, I feel we will have our strongest midfield possible, with a mix of Adams, De Goey, Pendles, Crisp, Daicos, Hoskin-Elliott, Poulter and Grundy in there, and a forward line of Cameron, Mihocek, Ash, Elliott, McCreery, Sidey and Bianco is better than any forward line we have fielded this year. Our backline has become our weakest line with no Moore, Maynard, and Howe, along with Crisp moving into the midfield.

I think our changes could be:

Adams for De Goey - really a straight swap between the two as they are our best two inside mids.

Grundy for Lynch - although Lynch played well, Grundy is an immediate upgrade, so Lynch is omitted.

Keane for Madgen - Similar players, both their strengths is their marking, although I think Keane is a bit better, both players kicking is questionable, but I think Madgen's experience makes him a tad better. Overall, they are fairly even players, but the nod goes to Keane as he is younger.

Ash Johnson for Thomas - Ash provides another marking option. Thomas is not a good enough ball winner at half forward to be pushing up the ground to be another mid, and he isn’t a dangerous forward anymore.

Kelly for Moore - Unfortunate that Moore is gone for the year, but it gives an opportunity to Will Kelly. I want him to play all year now, but I feel he may not be ready. If this is the case, then Maynard is good enough to take the second best tall if he isnt out for too long, but if he is, then Keane will have to step up. Best case scenario Kelly holds his own and holds his spot for the rest of the year.

Wilson for Maynard - We don’t know enough information on Maynard yet, but if he isn’t right after the bye then Wilson is the best available defender to come into the side.

(Subs) Sier for Rantall - Sier should be available so he can come in as the sub. Harvey might opt for Sier in the 22 instead of Murphy, in which I would be fine with Murphy as sub. Thomas could be another option if they feel we don’t have enough experience in the team, and he could provide something when he comes on.

I think if we play like we did against Melbourne, with the better/faster ball movement, then we still have a real chance to win this, despite the losses of Moore, De Goey and Maynard. Roughead will go to Taberner, and the inexperience of Keane and Kelly may not be too much of a flaw against Lobb (inconsistent) and Treacy (young also). I believe we will lose in a close one, but it all depends on if Maynard can play or not, as he is our best lockdown defender and our best defender period without Moore.

Great summary Alex in which you have covered so many of the permutations and combinations that we could consider.
I am not sure at all about who we should select, but you have laid out all the options thoroughly and systematically.
We are in a real dilemma regarding Grundy and Lynch. Lynch did very well against Melbourne in nullifying Gawn...Even better than his performance the previous week against Obrien. I am almost hoping that Grundy needs an extra week to recover so we can get another look at Lynch!! ( I am guessing we cant play both in the same team!!??)
Adams for JDG...yeah, but only if Tay is absolutely 100%. Do not risk him. Otherwise, play Callum Brown through the guts.
I like the idea of possibly Ash in as an extra tall up forward to replace JT.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:07 pm

Grundy to CHB.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:11 am

^ Contested marks not exactly his strong suite
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:48 pm

I'm not necessarily advocating for it, but I guess there's a possibility we could shift Mihocek to CHB (the position we recruited him for) and bring in Magic Johnson to a tall forward position. This would be my preference, only if Harvey doesn't think Kelly is quite ready to shoulder the CHB position.
Lord Maximus Farquaad Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:57 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm not necessarily advocating for it, but I guess there's a possibility we could shift Mihocek to CHB (the position we recruited him for) and bring in Magic Johnson to a tall forward position. This would be my preference, only if Harvey doesn't think Kelly is quite ready to shoulder the CHB position.

That makes it very hard on Johnson. Going from a second tier competition to the AFL and playing on either the best or second best tall defender.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:04 pm

I feel Harvey is on hiding to nothing. If he feels he can grab the full time contract ( big task) will he risk experimenting or stay the safety in keeping the virtual same 24 or 25 that have been playing up to now

He could try a few changes and introduce players with a benefit long term to the team balance for a future premiership challenge but not so a benefit to his own ambition

Stay tuned.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:22 pm

BazBoy wrote:
I feel Harvey is on hiding to nothing. If he feels he can grab the full time contract ( big task) will he risk experimenting or stay the safety in keeping the virtual same 24 or 25 that have been playing up to now

He could try a few changes and introduce players with a benefit long term to the team balance for a future premiership challenge but not so a benefit to his own ambition

Stay tuned.

He's disadvantaged anyway by losing De Goey for a game and Moore for the season. He should go for broke and coach the team his way with the view to pressing further games into the youngsters. The ones making the decisions as to whom our next coach is, I assume aren't idiots and will judge Harvey not on games won for the short time he's there, but on what Harvey brings to the team.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:35 pm

Yes and I believe he should coach the way he believes will win games

If he is his own man and is audacious and prepared to back his judgement

Hard job Harv,s. I wish you and the boys on the “Next Step “ nothing but success

Go Rob

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:25 pm

Harvey has nothing to gain by coaching conservatively/continuing in the Buckley mould. That is what got Bucks quacked (quit/sacked) so it's not going to help Banger get the top job. And it's unlikely a new coach would retain him because they usually want their own men not a leftover from the previous guy. So he needs to show something different or he is goneski at the end of the season, and why would another club pick him up if he just plods along as before
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:51 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Grundy to CHB.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
^ Contested marks not exactly his strong suite

Maybe that's why 3d didn't suggest CHF.
At CHB he can learn how to spoil. (And hope his opponent does not do any leading or any other quick movements.)
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:10 am

K wrote:
Maybe that's why 3d didn't suggest CHF

I believe the proposal was for Grundy to replace Moore, who is top 10 in contested marks this season, along with Gawn, Harris Andrews and Lever (also not CHFs)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14   

Jump to: