Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley has stepped down

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
... wink wink nudge nudge, know what I mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kwh3R0YjuQ

Gotta say... that was a looonngggg 2 1/2 minutes for me...
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:03 pm

Yeah...hasn't aged that well to be honest...still, Monty Python

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:09 pm

A better 2 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UijhbHvxWrA

But maybe that's 'cos it reminds me of Collingwood's injury management.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:13 pm

Tell u wot, I'd settled for a draw on Monday! Smile

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:14 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Will end his coaching career at Collingwood with 116 win, 2 draws and 100 losses.

...or 117 wins, 2 draws, 99 losses
...or 116 wins, 3 draws, 99 losses

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:32 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
How am I smearing the players? It’s been alleged (with fair evidence) some players wanted Buckley gone. One player in particular was white-anting him. Some of the players get paid millions, so if they think being called out for their part in Buckley’s departure is a smear campaign, then they have their heads further up their bums than I’d thought.

Also, haven’t most Nicksters been bagging these players all year?

I also recall you recycling the spurious club line about Treloar's "mental problems" during the salary cap debacle. You do it every time.

Please show me these posts. I defended him to the hilt on Nicks for years, I just listened to other views after the trade and decided there was more to the story. Are you confusing Treloar with Beams? Because I’m pretty clear he rorted the mental health angle. Or is it Stepho? I never said boo about mental health for that dipshit. Other than that I’ve been one of the most positive, supportive posters on Nicks so you’re confusing me with someone else bud. Re the current player, he was leaking in-house stuff to the media to undermine Buckley — how is that defensible? If you think it’s ok, politely get stuffed. It more than undermined Buckley — it caused a rift in the playing group, pretty evident in games last year and this year. That’s what pisses me off the most.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:16 am

I'm not sure Nathan has ever truly connected with his teammates or as their coach. It takes all types to make a successful unit and I wonder if his personality ever accepted people not as regimented or thoroughly professional as perhaps he was? A wonderfully gifted and absolutely focused player with an astute football brain is a great asset for any team but they're not the only qualifications required to mentor and gel a group of multidimensional, young individuals. I thank Nathan for his commitment and effort towards bringing this club some success. He got close but it wasn't to be. Bring on the new era and with it some hope of something very exciting
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:19 am

Piesnchess wrote:
I wonder how long the keyboard warriors here, will give our next coach, when the poor bastard does not deliver them an instant GF, and or flag ?? I pity the poor guy, i really do. Just had to say that as my last comment here, so if u reply to me, having a go, i wont see it, hero. Oh and good luck Bucks, in whatever you do in life, you will always be a Magpie legend.! The end.

Hang on a minute I thought you were leaving us? Then as I scroll through the pages there you are again on the post match thread, 7.49pm. What’s it gonna be?

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:16 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I'm not sure Nathan has ever truly connected with his teammates or as their coach. It takes all types to make a successful unit and I wonder if his personality ever accepted people not as regimented or thoroughly professional as perhaps he was? A wonderfully gifted and absolutely focused player with an astute football brain is a great asset for any team but they're not the only qualifications required to mentor and gel a group of multidimensional, young individuals. I thank Nathan for his commitment and effort towards bringing this club some success. He got close but it wasn't to be. Bring on the new era and with it some hope of something very exciting

Fair enough comment as an outsider, and I guess we’ll never truly know what the relationships were like but although it didn’t just come naturally to him and he had to work hard on it Bucks was as attuned and close to his players as any other current coach or those before him. NO-ONE is ever universally loved by everyone all of the time…NO-ONE (not even Christ, Ghandi, Buddha, Muhammad et al).
Yes, he had issue with some of his former teammates who he later coached (wouldn’t anyone). I know I’ve always had dramas when I ended up being the boss to mates and former colleagues. I can categorically confirm that at the time of his resignation/sacking Bucks had the support and backing (and dare I say it ‘love’) of 95% of the playing group - the other 5% were the usual disgruntled few who were struggling with form or just had other issues that had to be dealt with by the coach like potential delisting or trading and he was the focal point of their disappointment.
Yeah, he didn’t achieve the ultimate objective in a premiership - but for f%#k sake let’s acknowledge that not everything that prevented us from doing so was solely because of him and his coaching or coaching style - that’s just plain inaccurate and incredulous 🤨

Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:02 am

Said by Zed wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:

Fair enough comment as an outsider, and I guess we’ll never truly know what the relationships were like but although it didn’t just come naturally to him and he had to work hard on it Bucks was as attuned and close to his players as any other current coach or those before him. NO-ONE is ever universally loved by everyone all of the time…NO-ONE (not even Christ, Ghandi, Buddha, Muhammad et al).
Yes, he had issue with some of his former teammates who he later coached (wouldn’t anyone). I know I’ve always had dramas when I ended up being the boss to mates and former colleagues. I can categorically confirm that at the time of his resignation/sacking Bucks had the support and backing (and dare I say it ‘love’) of 95% of the playing group - the other 5% were the usual disgruntled few who were struggling with form or just had other issues that had to be dealt with by the coach like potential delisting or trading and he was the focal point of their disappointment.
Yeah, he didn’t achieve the ultimate objective in a premiership - but for f%#k sake let’s acknowledge that not everything that prevented us from doing so was solely because of him and his coaching or coaching style - that’s just plain inaccurate and incredulous 🤨

Great post... I was hoping we would get to this eventually and he we are... can we close this thread down now?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:49 pm

There seems to be some posters who think the unnamed player I am referring to is Brodie Grundy
I can tell you the name of the player I heard white anting Buckley IS NOT Grundy
Grundy is for sure a different cat marches to the beat of his own drum and was definitely disappointed at the clubs handling of the Treloar departure but I have not heard any thing to make me believe he has been anything other than supportive of the coach
As I said previously I see no reason to name the player publicly as it’s been pointed out to me previously some media people may read these pages and it only makes for more headlines something the club doesn’t need for sure
I trust Wright has the experience to handle the player concerned
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:57 pm

^ That you're not referring to Grundy will, no doubt, be a serious disappointment to many people.
Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:59 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
There seems to be some posters who think the unnamed player I am referring to is Brodie Grundy
I can tell you the name of the player I heard white anting Buckley IS NOT Grundy
Grundy is for sure a different cat marches to the beat of his own drum and was definitely disappointed at the clubs handling of the Treloar departure but I have not heard any thing to make me believe he has been anything other than supportive of the coach
As I said previously I see no reason to name the player publicly as it’s been pointed out to me previously some media people may read these pages and it only makes for more headlines something the club doesn’t need for sure

Just when I think I am out you drag me back in!!!!

I just want to know who we are speculating about…. There is nothing like a good conspiracy theory!!!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:04 pm

I am so sick of watching this stupid gameplan. Football is about territory. We give up territory all the time by handballing backwards under pressure. It makes me so angry watching it - and the idea that somebody could be paid money to coach professionally and think that game strategy is OK beggars belief.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:32 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

I'll put forward life membership & a cash bonus. Smile Smile

Great to see Bucks have a win and not burn down the glasshouse on his way out.

If Korda, Murphy, Wright and Hine are all on the same page I think we are in pretty good shape.

Cancel the EGM, change the locks, fix the salary cap, keep Jordan on the leash and let 'em get on with organising the pie night ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25   

Jump to: