Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What did you find odd today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finding myself having to go back up & read those posts as I'm so used to seeing that robot and skipping it Laughing old habits, hey?!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:25 pm

I know, right? Same here!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:29 pm

back to odd things. I've been taking these green lipped mussel with tumeric (sounds like a disgusting recipe) herbal capsules in the evenings to help out with muscle soreness from exercising. They tend to support more dreams than I'm used to, get a few strange ones.

Anyway, this morning I woke up at 4:30 for some reason wide awake and remembered I forgot to put the bin out for collection. Since they normally come at 5:30 I got up, took the bin out and went back to bed.

Shortly after I was getting some water from the fridge and the door wouldn't close. I hit it with the shoulder but it had somehow iced up preventing the door closing. I was about to get cranky when I suddenly realised, "Hang on, that fridge hasn't been there for years, I bought a different one ages ago. WTF is going on"

Then I woke up back in bed. But I had been up and put the bin out.

Last edited by stui magpie on Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:22 pm

mhhh, they sound like magic mussels!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:35 pm

stui magpie wrote:
back to odd things. I've been taking these green lipped mussel with tumeric (sounds like a disgusting recipe) herbal capsules in the evenings to help out with muscle soreness from exercising. They tend to support more dreams than I'm used to, get a few strange ones.

Anyway, this morning I woke up at 4:30 for some reason wide awake and remembered I forgot to put the bin out for collection. Since they normally come at 5:30 I got up, took the bin out and went back to bed.

Shortly after I was getting some water from the fridge and the door wouldn't close. I hit it with the shoulder but it had somehow iced up preventing the door closing. I was about to get cranky when I suddenly realised, "Hang on, that fridge hasn't been there for years, I bought a different one ages ago. WTF is going on"

Then I woke up back in bed. But I had been up and put the bin out.

Sorry to tell you Stui, but this is still a dream and you didn't actually put the bin out. Crying or Very sad

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:49 pm

Laughing No I checked when I did get up. Wink

Unless, I'm still asleep and just dreaming all of this. Shocked

That would mean instead of the work day being almost finished, it isn't started yet. Mad Crying or Very sad

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:43 pm

Imagine if we woke up and realised that this bulletin board was just a dream – all those tens of thousands of posts for nothing. Laughing (of course, some may say the reality isn't all that different …)
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:36 pm

Hah, this is another one of those realisations.

I check stuff out in the Facebook Marketplace, there's a Buy, Swap and Sell for my suburb that I keep an eye on.

What struck me as odd was some of the stuff that people are selling for cheap prices.

2nd hand pair of tradie work pants, almost new, $15.
Leather wallet, $12
Used jogging sports bra top, $12

This is not a wealthy area but I'd be surprised if there were many people to whom $15 would make a big difference to their life. That's like doing a garage sale, but online, with only 2 or 3 items.

Maybe that's just why I'll never be wealthy, I'm not that tight.

If I have surplus clothes, the idea of advertising online, having people contact wanting to haggle, then having to invite people to your home all for $15 just doesn't work at all. I just take shit to the Op shop. Savers, Salvos.

I do see some good stuff on there and you often see free stuff, people are happy to get someone to just come and take stuff so they don't have to pay to get it carted away. I get that, I get selling stuff that's actually worth money, but going through all the crap for the price of bottle of rough Red?

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:04 pm

A bottle of rough red in Thailand or Indonesia will cost you a minimum of 30 bucks. They have flrdling crap winemaking ventures (probably owned by an ex General) so they put a mega tax on imported wine. A rum costs as low as 25 baht a shot here but a small glass of cheap South African blended red costs 150 baht. Bali is the same . all done to protect some small vineyard in the provinces. So tourist won't pay the massive price and the loser is the restaurant. I stick to drinking wine on the plane where Singapore airlines serve french wines. They stopped selling Australian wines at the Changi sirport because of the cigarette allowamce being reduced to 50 smokes.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:40 pm

I fully agree with you Stui. Some of the stuff I’ve seen advertised on local pages is mind boggling, what is the point? A few people often advertising used toys as well. Just donate them.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:57 pm

A tale of two towns.

I went to Finley yesterday with mum to have lunch with her brother and his son and family.

Finley used to be the biggest town in the district, but that all changed 15 years or so ago when the state government departments there (water resources commission and department of main roads) had their work privatised and/ or outourced. Now it's basically dying.

Tocumwal was full of people yestreday, news years day. All the shops were open and full of people, people everywhere in the streets and foreshore park.

Driving through the main street of Finley to get to Jeff's house, you could have fired a cannon. Hardly any shops open and not one single person to be seen. None.

Tocumwal is a tourist town and is growing rapidly as people from Melbourne who used to holiday here are selling up and moving here to live, and as a consequence housing prices have gone nuts.

Finley prices had been less than half the price of Toc until recently when the shortage of affordable housing in Toc has meant people buying or builing in Finley and driving to Toc for work (21km, 10 minutes)

My cousin made a great point yesterday, in about 3 years all these people paying $300k for houses in Finley are going to get a shock when they're only worth $140k.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:37 pm

I had an unlisted number call earlier today, I was in a meeting and flicked it, then forgot about it until I saw a voicemail.

Expecting the usual scammer shuffle, shuffle, click, I called messagebank. It was a Snr Connie from Hberg cop shop doing a welfare check. Apparently my ute was parked in a part of town that, well, wasn't near where I lived, so she was calling to see if everything was OK. Confused

By the time I got the message and rang the Station she'd finished her shift and left for the day, but I got her email and sent her a note.

I hope the ute is parked at the mechanics who are supposed to be putting in the replacement motor.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:51 pm

Laughing I've often wondered if mechanics take the cars they're supposed to be fixing to run errands. Just hope it's in one piece when you get it back!

Also, how small is the town you live in for cops to care enough (or even think to check) something like that? Shocked

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:24 pm

David wrote:
Laughing I've often wondered if mechanics take the cars they're supposed to be fixing to run errands. Just hope it's in one piece when you get it back!

Also, how small is the town you live in for cops to care enough (or even think to check) something like that? Shocked

Years ago, a bloke I was working with had the spoofed up Maloo Ute, parked it at a valet carpark at the airport for our swing. When he picked it up 2 weeks later, there was beach sand all over through the carpet.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:11 pm

Not a small town, hence the Confused

I live in Watsonia, mechanic is in Heidelberg Heights, cop was from Heidelberg cop shop.

When I emailed her, I told her where it was supposed to be.

It's a semi industrial area opposite a cemetary. I'm guessing cops on random patrols have noted it parked outside (hopefully) the mechanics at night and thought they'd check in to make sure I hadn't been killed and the ute dumped, but I really have NFI.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 82 of 84   

Jump to: