Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Medical services are being slammed across most of Australia

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 12:58 pm
Post subject: Medical services are being slammed across most of AustraliaReply with quote

Cuurently in Victoria and across most states of Australia GP's, Ambulance and Emergency Departments are being slammed with huge numbers of presentations. The numbers are huge across Australia.

The same extends to mental health

The reasons are complex but this is a current significant issue.

More to follow

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 2:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough funding from the government combined with gps refusing to see people who then have to go to the ER are major issues
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:39 pm

I'm trying to read between the lines – are you suggesting this increase might be self-harm related, WPT? Or does it seem like something else is going on?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:07 pm

I'm expecting it to be Sco Mo's fault.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 8:23 pm

I’m not sure where the influx is coming from. Cuts to social services always adds a burden such as housing, lack of funding for aged care, drug and alcohol, new immigrants, asylum seekers, ..

I’ve never seen so many referrals related to DV (Domestic Violence).

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:46 pm

Family Violence is a growth industry.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 9:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Family Violence is a growth industry.

Like all forms of abuse: more public awareness and more referrals to police, ED’s, ambulance, mental health.... it’s so bad out there for some people, shocking. By the grace of god go we....

When governments cut funding it just adds to the misery.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:46 pm

When I say Family Violence is a growth industry, I mean government funding is increasing exponentially.

Are you intending on elaborating on your original post?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:20 am

stui magpie wrote:
When I say Family Violence is a growth industry, I mean government funding is increasing exponentially.

Are you intending on elaborating on your original post?

Yes and no. The government cut lots of DV areas too but funded others.

I will try to elaborate when I know more about causes etc I try to find more about causation. Today was my first day at work (pm shift) in ages when we weren’t slammed. Morning shift were. I’ve been working a fair bit of overtime because it’s so short staffed. Had the shift with the Police not been filled a (the shift would have been unfilled) a young woman would have had her door forced open, been handcuffed and waited hours in a busy ED, probably sedated & waited to be assessed. Likely discharged in the morning, wasting Police, Ambulance and ED staff time. She has issues but there was no other staff available & when there are reports of suicide then no choice for 000 services. Took me two long attempts to engage, nearly broke her door down (fire brigade) but in the end we could stand down police, ambulance and fire brigade to leave the young woman at home and rightfully get her sorted in the community. history of being raped.

There’s a shortage of mental health clinicians who work with police and they only offer pm shifts. They need 3 shifts a day, they need to reintroduce separate mental health nursing from general nursing rather than an add on or post grad later.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 1:46 pm

geezus, fun times all round.

There's a lot of money and resources being poured into The Orange Door rollout but that won't fix what you're talking about.

When did they change the qualifications? I thought the Psych Nurse diploma was still around, lots of common ground with general nursing but different specialty? Is that another ANMF special pushing increasingly higher qualifications?

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:02 pm

Ok is thsi family violence? This happened in Thailand last weekend in the house opposite a mate in Hua Hin.

Thai lady has a 13 year old girl by Thai ex husband . Divorced.

She married an Australian from Sydney and they have a 3 year old daughter. Lives in Sydney.

Thai lady takes 2 daughters back to see family and Covid breaks out. There are no flights from Thailand to Australia or very few and she is way down the list. So they rented a house in Hua Hin whilst the guy in Sydney can't get here.

13 year old friens an 18 year old boy from her school on facebook. She invites him over at midnight when Mum is asleep (and certainly without permission)

Mum wakes up an hour later as her 3 year old is screaming and runs to her room to find the 18 year old nloesting her. Mum gives him a slapping until the Police arrive and arrest him.

13 year old starts whining and Mum gives her a bit of slap for being so stupid.

18 year old given bail 2 days later and on facebook contacts 13 year old. At 11,pm Mum takes shower so 13 year old sends message to 18 year old to meet outside, Mum is out of shower and sees message and tells girl off and says she is going to lose privileges. 13 year old runs into street yelling at Mum "I will never speak to you again. He is my boyfriend yada yada 13 year old girl speak.

Girl is sent to live with her father in Village near Bangkok but Dad has new family and does not want his small children put at risk , Neither does new wife, So girl sent to Dads mother a few miles away. Her mum throws out her clothes and tells her never to come back.

As soon as this is over Mum and 3 year old are going to live in their house in Sydney.

Who should be in trouble here?
18 year old. If he did it yes and yes.
Should Mum have belted him. To protect the 3 year old almost certainly,
Should Mum have hit her 13 year old daughter ?
Should Mum have punished her 13 year old for the second act of stupidity?
Should Dad take her in given he has other kids to worry about?
What role is facebook failing in this (and Mum should have taken her phone the first time)

The boys Thai family offered money for it to go away the little girls parents have refused and want him to go to prison. An 18 year old will probably come out in about 15 years with HIV, a bum hole like a dustbin lid and a drug addict.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:33 pm

Geezus,

The 18 year old is lucky to be alive. I'd have done a lot more than slapped him but I'm not a tiny Thai woman.

The 13 year old is going to be the main victim here, self inflicted by poor decision making yes, but my experience is that 13-14 year old girls are very good at being bitches and making poor decisions so she's going to pay a disproportionate cost. She's likely to be working in a BJ bar before she's 14

But anyway, this is what I think WPT had in mind when he started the thread. The WA public health system is apparently a basket case.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-02/elective-surgeries-facing-delays-as-wa-hospital-system-buckles/100184338

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:06 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Geezus,

The 18 year old is lucky to be alive. I'd have done a lot more than slapped him but I'm not a tiny Thai woman.

The 13 year old is going to be the main victim here, self inflicted by poor decision making yes, but my experience is that 13-14 year old girls are very good at being bitches and making poor decisions so she's going to pay a disproportionate cost. She's likely to be working in a BJ bar before she's 14

But anyway, this is what I think WPT had in mind when he started the thread. The WA public health system is apparently a basket case.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-02/elective-surgeries-facing-delays-as-wa-hospital-system-buckles/100184338

Yeah I was thinks Skids would say something similar.

First the 13 year old will get pregnant to some bloke who pisses off with her best friend when she is about 6 months, She will not have Mum to look after the kid so will probably have to leave school. Pump out another in similar circumstances to another careless twat who will do the same. She has to be 20 to work in a bar (in theory) so will work as a hello girl (they hold signs advertising happy hours etc) until she is 20 and then migrate to a bar. Her 2 or even 3 kids will have caused so much baby damage that a gogo is out of the question. But Thais are not usually rude to the parents so I can only imagine this BS has come from social media and western TV. And particularly girls, Boys stuff up and they go to temple,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: