Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE LOUDEST ROAR

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:16 pm
Post subject: THE LOUDEST ROARReply with quote

After Magpie Gregs brilliant piece on Tuddy's return to Vic Park on QB weekend 1972 I noticed Greg mention that roars of the Vic Park partizan crowd in the third quarter were the loadest he had ever heard until Starcevich kicked 2 in a minute to sink Carlton off his own boot in 1988.

I want posters here to recall the loudest roar they ever heard at a Collingwood game.

For me the loudest roars I ever remember (aside from the those that greeted Starcas heroics) are as follows:

# After Ross Brewers goal to put us 2 points in front of Fitzroy in the 2nd Semi Final at the MCG 1981. The atmosphere was electric when that kick went through.

# After the mercurial Daicos handballed over Ian Nankervis and sprinted clear to drill the goal to put us in front of Geelong in time on of the preliminary final 1981. It was sheer pandemonium

# After Chocco Williams desperate smother and follow up soccer goal from a tight angle while being pelted by Carlton fans to put us 21 points in front of The Blues during time on of the 3rd quarter of the 1981 Grand Final. There was madness all around.

# After Daicos angle goal in the first quarter of the 1990 Grand Final. The best ice breaking goal I have ever seen in a Grand Final. It was a wall of sound that greated the result.

# After Doug Barwicks snap at the 19 minute mark of the last quarter of the 1990 Grand Final that sent fans into delirium.

# After Micky McGuanes 7 bounce goal at the MCG 1994. The crowd went nuts.

# However, the biggest roar I have ever heard per capita was after Daicos "impossible goal" against the Eagles at Waverley (QF 1990). The roar caused a seismic tremor that registered on the Richter scale. An amazing goal and amazing response. A day when 47,000 sounded like 150,000. Even Jericho had seen nothing like it.

What do you guys think?

The Dude

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

When Didak put through that goal in the last quarter of the Prelim 2002. That was the loudest noise I've ever heard at the footy.
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:10 pm

Buck's goal from outside 50 on the boundary rebounding a kick in in the 3rd quater of the 2002 GF. Right in front of the southern stand (where i was sitting at the time) never heard anything like it.
hotpies 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:17 pm

Final siren Preliminary final 2002 - Collingwood V Adelaide Crows MCG

Now that was a roar!
lsdswooper 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:57 pm

In America, Fox sport have a sound device that acurately measures the decibels made by the crowd. I think the pittsburg steelers are the loudest! there's another stadium called the house of pain, perhaps channel 10,fox & 9 could use this devise to run a club comp, who can get the loudest roar at a game.
Hope eddie reads this, I reckon pie fans would be up there! Wink
ozboy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:09 pm

Daics snapping the inside-out-banana-impossible goal late in the last quarter vs the weagles (drawn final), to put us 8 points up. Certainly the loudest longest most gutteral scream I've ever let out!. The noise of that moment was only matched by the silence at the final siren as we all tried to work out what the result would mean... (and secretly realised we had just dodged the bullet that would have been another heartbreaking finals loss). The rest is history.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:14 pm

Chris Tarrant's mark last year vs Geelong. That roar was huge. As was Tim Lane: Tarrrrrrrrrannnnnnnnntttttt!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:14 pm

an accurate sound device eh swooper, and here i was thinking richmonds ROAR-O-METER was the best haha
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:34 pm

When Anthony Rocca kicked that goal from 70 out on Anzac Day 7 years ago.
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:01 pm

peter thats going back im kinda remember it, that scared the shit out of me that was loud. Also i would have to say Micky McGuanes 7 bounces then a big goal the mcg roof neally ripped off. Doug Barwicks goal in last quarter of the 1990 flag
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:28 pm

The roar i remember is when on 2002 pre lim final day,the pies were just about to run out thru the banner and suddenly this great big roar just started rippiling around and as the pies entered for the first time,it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:07 pm

what about when we beat adelaide after the siren last year? Sorry that wasnt a roar, that was the whoooole of SA crying that their "Pride" lost again.

GO PIES!

Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:29 pm

molloymagic wrote:
The roar i remember is when on 2002 pre lim final day,the pies were just about to run out thru the banner and suddenly this great big roar just started rippiling around and as the pies entered for the first time,it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I remember that too! That was the first final id ever been to and I remember sayin to my brother as they ran through the banner.. this is how I always imagined a grand final!

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:43 am

The roar when Josh Fraser took that mark and then converted in the last quarter of the 2002 GF. You could see on the lions player's faces - they were scared! Twisted Evil

A can't beleive no-one has mentioned the noise we made at TD vs Brisbane 2002. That had the best COLLLIIINNNGGGWWWOOODDD chant so far.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:13 am

Tarrant In the Pocket wrote:
what about when we beat adelaide after the siren last year? Sorry that wasnt a roar, that was the whoooole of SA crying that their "Pride" lost again.

GO PIES!

Yes that was a ROAR!!
I was surrounded by Crows supporters in a sea of red yellow and Blue, and when Chris kicked that goal, it was me you could hear up on the seat singing " YOU WISH YOU HAD CHRISSY TARRANT IN YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM!!"

But the roar when the pies ran out onto the ground in the 2002 prelim against crows, was the loudest and emotional roar I have felt!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: