Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tasmanian election 2021

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Antony Green reports that the Libs have the second sat they need in Clark to govern with a bare majority.
Quote:

Green says Madeleine Ogilvie, a former Labor member who turned independent and is now a Liberal, will be elected as the second Liberal member in Clark.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-12/tasmanian-liberals-have-won-majority-government/100132058

HTF does one go from being a left winger to being a raving right winger in one lifetime? FMD😡 To me it’s like being a Collingwood fan and then deciding to follow Carlscum for the rest of your life🤮 A nutter if ever I’ve seen one🥺

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:25 pm

So what your saying is every crazy left winger is completely £$%$ed for their entire life?

It seems Madeleine is proof it is possible for people to wake up and see the light
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:41 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
So what your saying is every crazy left winger is completely �$%$ed for their entire life?

It seems Madeleine is proof it is possible for people to wake up and see the light

Nah it shows clearly that loony right wingers cannot read, comprehend or understand🤓 I questioned how a left winger can ever become a loony right winger? But I guess it’s not beyond you to become a Carlscum fan Eddie old chap? Might suit you well really to hang out with those Carlscum highfliers🤪

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:48 pm

Madeline Ogilvie is the ultimate political opportunist.Here’s a little background on her.

In 2018 she ran as a Labor candidate in the Tasmanian state election,but didn’t receive enough votes to be elected.When Scott Bacon retired from politics in 2019,she was appointed to fill his vacancy on a count back,as the Labor candidate with the next highest number of votes.She quit the labor party on entering parliament ( mostly because of her ultra conservative social views) and stood as an independent.

For two years she proudly maintained her position as an independent.Then just a day after the 2021 election was called,she conveniently defected to the Liberal party,knowing she didn’t have a snow flake’s chance in hell of getting elected as an independent.Such a conviction politician!

She’s actually the type of self serving candidate who gives politicians a bad name.So much for her seeing the light.It was more a case of her seeing dollar signs than anything else.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:18 am

Lazza wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
So what your saying is every crazy left winger is completely �$%$ed for their entire life?

Nah it shows clearly that loony right wingers cannot read, comprehend or understand🤓 I questioned how a left winger can ever become a loony right winger? But I guess it’s not beyond you to become a Carlscum fan Eddie old chap? Might suit you well really to hang out with those Carlscum highfliers🤪

Yes, it's called seeing the light and not wanting to be associated with the nut jobs on the left!

At least Carlton can see the light and don't take 10 years to sack incompetent coaches Wink
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:11 am

I dare say there are more than a few Labor politicians who would happily slip over to the other side if the opportunity presented itself. Political achievement comes first for a lot of these people.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:36 am

"Those are my principles , and if you don't like them........well, I have others": Groucho Marx.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 2:53 pm

Here we go again: one of the Tasmanian Liberal MPs just elected has stepped down after being charged with firearm offences. If his seat goes to a non-Liberal on recount, then the Libs would be forced into a minority government (if they can retain government at all), but according to this it looks most likely that the seat will go to another Liberal:

http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com/2021/05/braddon-recount-2021.html

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:11 pm

Every fkn time someone gets pulled up on something they've done wrong, BANG, straight away they're getting treated for mental health issues. Rolling Eyes

FMD, some of these peanuts should be prescribed a teaspoon of concrete and a kick in the arse.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:34 pm

To be fair, most politicians probably do have untreated mental health issues from being in such a high-pressure, deeply unhealthy environment. So they’re probably not lying.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:53 pm

That's possibly fair, but it's not just politicians.

The bloke alleged to have raped Brittany Higgins was interred in a mental health facility within minutes of the news breaking, Paton the footballer went straight to one after his alleged proclivity for cold calling women to watch him jerking off came to light, it's the latest trend and I call bullshit

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:53 pm

It shows how poorly the Liberals have done with core issues in Tasmania that they just barely sneaked back in with a clear swing against them, despite having overseen the best Covid result of any state. Labor held steady in all electorates except Clark (Hobart) where Labor voters supported an independent. The only party to come out ahead was the Greens, with a 2% swing.

Meanwhile, the Tasmanian health system remains a disaster after 6 years of Liberal bungling. The waiting list for surgery in public hospitals has blown out to over 2 years, and they have done nothing about it.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:47 pm

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Antony Green reports that the Libs have the second sat they need in Clark to govern with a bare majority.
Quote:

Green says Madeleine Ogilvie, a former Labor member who turned independent and is now a Liberal, will be elected as the second Liberal member in Clark.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-12/tasmanian-liberals-have-won-majority-government/100132058

HTF does one go from being a left winger to being a raving right winger in one lifetime? FMD😡 To me it’s like being a Collingwood fan and then deciding to follow Carlscum for the rest of your life🤮 A nutter if ever I’ve seen one🥺

I used to be a card carrying Marxist at uni. Right now I would shoot them! Politics is too important to treat it like following a footy club. Show me one example anywhere in history where Leftists societies haven't ended in tears. In the UK people are leaving the Labour Party in droves. The New Left gets WOKE and they will face a reckoning.

Libertarianism where the individual comes first is the fundamental bulwark of freedom.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:52 pm

^ Proof positive that pretending to have been a Marxist makes you post in the wrong thread and look silly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: