Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Petracca Pie? Not anymore.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:25 pm
Post subject: Re: Petracca Pie?Reply with quote

Quote:
“I think Christian Petracca is Collingwood’s target”

Get him. Get him now.

While we're at is, ask what Josh Kelly from GWS and Zach Merrett want.

Cant see Bont or Gawn leaving. And Cripps you'd think will go to WA if he was to move.

Do we have the space to make a move?

Oh well, there's always Lin Jong who is also a free agent.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

After last nights sterling performance I imagine he must be licking his chops at the prospect of being ground into robotic mediocrity

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:41 pm

Why would he come to us?

Melbourne are in contention now, whilst we are only starting a rebuild.

We are the most plain vanilla boring side going around.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:47 pm

Things change quickly.

Demons were 9th last year and 17th the year before. Now they're a flag fancy.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:51 pm

Absolutely dominating today’s game, I do look forward to the resident troll telling us why he actually played crap...
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:00 am

Another game, another BOG for Petracca
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:22 am

6-50 odds for the brownlow
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:28 am

Terrible player... why would you want him..?!!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:33 am

Just watched every passage of play leading to a goal in the Melbourne v Richmond game. For what it's worth, Petracca wasn't significantly involved in any of Melbourne's goal-scoring moves until he kicked their 11th early in the last quarter. The game was done and dusted before then. He's obviously a very fine footballer and the stats show that got a lot of the ball (and a lot of contested ball) but, watching those moments, the midfielders who inflicted the damage seemed to be Viney, Oliver and Salem.

Of course Collingwood would want him. He's everything Treloar isn't - he runs in a straight line, kicks long and doesn't really handball backwards much. I would just suggest that a little caution needs to be applied to evaluating his performance - he had 38 disposals but Salem had 39, Oliver had 36, Langdon had 32, Brayshaw had 26, Viney had 26 and Melbourne won the hitouts 42 to 20. He's a good player but he's surrounded by good, strong, running mids in large numbers. At the moment, you'd take Pendlebury over Jones but you wouldn't take a single other Collingwood mid ahead of their Melbourne counterpart on what I saw.

I see also that Cotchin only had 12 disposals, Castagna 9 and Martin 8. Someone did a good job of keeping those players quiet and Petracca may have been a big part of that. It'd be great if someone who has seen (or will watch) the whole game could give an assessment of what he did best and how he was influential across the game, as a whole.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:35 pm

Without disputing Petraccas undisputed ability, I think the last thing we need, is to invest all our pennies in a free agent mid fielder.
What’s the point in banging it down there with monotonous regularity if there is absolutely no one who can capitalise on it.
I’m at the point where I’ve seen enough to know we can build our next mid field around the likes of MacRae, McInness, Bianco ( who at junior level was as good as any of them but also shorter ) Rantall, Poulter and N Daicos. They won’t all be automatic selections for the next ten years but they all don’t need to be either. Henry isn’t a true midfielder but he is all quality in the front half.
We simply didn’t have a half decent tall forward we can trust on a weekly basis and I would rather bide our time until we get an opportunity to go all in on a quality forward who still has at least a few good years ahead of him.

P S that was the best I had seen Melbourne play since 1964, so I’m not sure if any Dees player can be truly judged on that ridiculously brilliant performance.
And the former future captains little brother continues to have a stellar season for them also.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:23 pm

No matter what happens, I hope DeGoey was watching last night. Petracca was so impressive with and without the ball. Jordan’s got a long way to go.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:37 pm

I would assume Petracca stays a demon really
Why would he leave now when there on the ride after living a nightmare for years
I would expect him to sign a long term deal with them
I agree with pies2016 get a forward target
Unfortunately we have to much cash tied up in a under performing ruckman to chase a Cameron type but why not chase a Himmelberg (crows one)
He’s young athletic and mobile would complement Moore well and he’s cheap
You could build a forward line around himmelberg moore JDG Elliott Daicos Henry etc
As for P4S pot shot at Treloar again funny how he’s now played in his correct position and playing consistently good football each week
Even though prior to this season his career kicking eff was 6% higher than Sidey and his average meters gained per possession was 3.2m more per touch than Sidey. The stats simply don’t support his comments again
And pies2016 I think your a little confused Taylor Adams doesn’t have a little brother playing at the dees
Afte all Adams was always going to be the future captain
Any other talk was just plain nonsense spoken by people with no idea about AFL😂😂😂
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:39 pm

Rick wrote:
No matter what happens, I hope DeGoey was watching last night. Petracca was so impressive with and without the ball. Jordan’s got a long way to go.

Nah they will deal with this the Collingwood way giving him away to another club and paying most of his salary. This somehow seems to make perfect logical sense to Collingwood.😳🥺

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:40 pm

The draft clearly is showing that it can work.

Dogs challenging again for a 3rd flag after they won in 2016.

Demons are going to give it another shot obviously

Saints aren't too far away from challenging again either.

I never thought I would see these teams win a flag in my lifetime about two decades or more ago.

Tigers and Hawks have almost caught up to Collingwood now too in premierships won.

I hope Korda has a good plan

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:11 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
The draft clearly is showing that it can work.

Dogs challenging again for a 3rd flag after they won in 2016.

Demons are going to give it another shot obviously

Saints aren't too far away from challenging again either.

I never thought I would see these teams win a flag in my lifetime about two decades or more ago.

Tigers and Hawks have almost caught up to Collingwood now too in premierships won.

I hope Korda has a good plan

We are too happy to live off the glory of the 1927-1930 team, worried more about no one matching 4 in a row than winning premierships.

And if you need proof

How many people we're more thankful that Brisbane, Hawthorn and Richmond didn't match our record than lament the fact that we didn't contend for or win the flag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: