Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Official Playing List

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
mattdally wrote:
I'll bite:
Treloar - Gun, brilliant footballer. One massive issue - scoreboard impact - not goals directly, but being involved in scoring chains and goal assists - 2020 and
2019 he was ranked in the bottom 2% of all midfielders. Not good enough.

Stevo - Clearly something was not right. 2018 was amazing, 2019 betting scandal, 2020 too many rumored issues - true or not, clearly he has fallen out with the club. Didn't look interested at all this season - did he peak already?

Phillips - courageous, endurance machine. Poor kick and he seems to have lost some pace over the last two seasons. Big salary offloaded - right call.

Atu - unknown - not sure why he was traded, but maybe club had seen enough and decided he wasn't good enough.

Excellent synopsis. I feel that most of us are rather less troubled by the talent leaving than the method adopted. The real issue for me is that Ads and Stevo were only recently re-signed and yet they were unceremoniously dumped. The greatest issue in all of this is the grossly inept player management.

That's the issue for me. It's not that we let them go. The issue is what we got for them. Treloar cost two high end draft picks. Stephenson cost us the high end draft draft pick we would have used on a Collingwood supporter in Aaron Naughton.

No one knew Treloar would tear both hamstrings off the bone when we did that deal though. Before that injury he was worth it. Bloody Carlton player in junk time when the game was over.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:15 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
No one knew Treloar would tear both hamstrings off the bone when we did that deal though. Before that injury he was worth it. Bloody Carlton player in junk time when the game was over.

You should have heard me go off my f^cking dial the moment that happened.
It effectively trainwrecked the 2018 season; we of course got Treloar back on the park, but he was effectively impotent as a weapon that September.

I had a similar shit-fit with Howe's idiocy against GWS early last year.
F^ck I hate that c^nt of a club; and wish them only failure at every turn.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:46 am

SSP closed leaving us with two spots vacant and the Mid Season Draft our next chance to fill the spot/ spots
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:41 am

piedys wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

You should have heard me go off my f^cking dial the moment that happened.
It effectively trainwrecked the 2018 season; we of course got Treloar back on the park, but he was effectively impotent as a weapon that September.

I had a similar shit-fit with Howe's idiocy against GWS early last year.
F^ck I hate that c^nt of a club; and wish them only failure at every turn.

I did the same! Game was over, few minutes to go, no need to be going flat chat like it’s a gf and they have to kick a goal in the dying seconds to win. And the Carlton player just had to shove Treloar in the back ... wrecked him, I reckon he’d still be at the club and probably would have won a medal.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:16 am

Out of all the players who have departed, the only player I wish we could have retained is Treloar. A part of me will always be pissed off at Collingwood and especially Ned Guy🤬 Anyway as always I have to move on with gritted teeth😡
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:18 am

BazBoy wrote:
SSP closed leaving us with two spots vacant and the Mid Season Draft our next chance to fill the spot/ spots

My questions are;

1. What happens to Jack Briskey? Does he stay at the club, perhaps on the VFL list?

2. When is the Pre-Season Draft?

3. Is Briskey still a chance to be drafted then? Or are we going ahead with a different plan?

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:19 am

Collingwood declined to pick Briskey up
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:32 am

We now go to the mid season draft with up to a maximum of two spots to fill.
We have had reasonable success in the past with Noble, so hopefully they can pluck out another one in June ( date to be confirmed )
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:17 pm

Two may not sound a lot but we need to have a way better run on injuries

That said we would have to have one hell of a lot of injuries

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:52 pm

If we had 2 more long-term injuries (touch wood), could we go into the mid-season draft with 4 spots to fill?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:06 pm

Know knowing what will be out there when we have our pick

Any one currently of value available now that may still be available when time arrives to chose

richo 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:24 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-collingwood-kane-cornes-forward-line-afl-draft-tyson-stengle/news-story/04cc34db7e19b257391d2f88ab98d46c

Worth a look?
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:19 pm

richo wrote:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-collingwood-kane-cornes-forward-line-afl-draft-tyson-stengle/news-story/04cc34db7e19b257391d2f88ab98d46c

Worth a look?

Pros: 22 years old.

Cons: Off field drug and alcohol issues. Only 172 cm (We need KPPs). Has been dumped twice by AFL clubs.

Quote:
On 17 April 2020, Stengle was reported for drink driving after being stopped by police in Adelaide’s south-western suburbs. He was caught driving an unregistered car and subsequently recorded a blood alcohol reading of 0.125. Adelaide Football Club responded by suspending him for 4 AFL matches (rounds 2 to 5) and fining him $2,500. The case went before the Adelaide Magistrates Court at 10 am on 31 August 2020, but he declined compulsory attendance, choosing instead to attend a Crows training session. The matter was rescheduled for October.

Subsequently, at 5:15 am on 28 September 2020, police stopped a taxi containing Stengle and ex-Crows teammate Brad Crouch and found an illicit drug, understood to be cocaine. Both men issued apologies. The AFL investigated and found the pair guilty of 'conduct unbecoming'. Crouch was suspended for 2 matches, and Stengle for 4 (a greater penalty for his second offence). With their season already complete, these bans will apply to the beginning of the 2021 season.

SA Police chose not to charge Stengle and Crouch over the drug bust, instead referring them to counselling under a drug diversion program. On 23 October 2020, Stengle pleaded guilty to his drink driving charge in the Adelaide Magistrates Court. He was fined a total of $1,671 ($900 drink driving, $300 unlicensed, $471 unregistered) and had his 6 month driving licence suspension extended by a day.

He's played in successful teams in his junior career and played in a VFL grand final for Richmond too.

Looking at his stats; https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/T/Tyson_Stengle.html

He didnt get enough of the ball or kick enough goals.

So the question is; is he really going to be able to answer our forward line woes? Can he come straight in and kick goals? Is he a better option than JT/WHE? And can he keep out of trouble? And is he actually any good?

I'd like to give an indigenous player an opportunity. Providing that player deserves it and can help the team. That would be a good move.

So ask yourself; is he good enough for the AFL? If the answer is yes, then take the chance and hope Daniel Wells is good at his job. If the answer is no, then look elsewhere.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:42 pm

Don’t know where to put this without starting new thread. Mods please move if appropriate.

Nick Daicos kicked 3 goals and was named in best in Chargers loss to Sandringham. Dib scored one.

DT 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:31 pm

With Wright in charge we need to be clear about the direction of recruiting. Hine and Guy will be carefully scrutinised now.

Daicos is what NFL would say is a franchise player.

We need to think about whether to trade out some talent too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: