Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Andrews and the CFA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
^

I worked for 6 years in a building that had 2 toilet cubicles for 50 people. 1 Unisex abled and 1 unisex disabled. Since we didn't have any disabled people, both were available and both sexes used them.

Poor aim isn't exclusive to men. You'd reckon women couldn't miss a target they're sitting on, but apparently it's quite possible.

More likely that's a result of weak bladders and starting before they get there!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:43 am

Victorian Government being pressured to release report into sexism and bullying in the CFA.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/pressure-on-andrews-government-to-release-secret-cfa-sexism-and-bullying-report-20210505-p57p5s.html

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:12 am

watt price tully wrote:
Victorian Government being pressured to release report into sexism and bullying in the CFA.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/pressure-on-andrews-government-to-release-secret-cfa-sexism-and-bullying-report-20210505-p57p5s.html

Isn't pressure bullying now?
So they're being bullied into releasing a report on bullying.
roar 

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:17 am

^^ Ha! Good point.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:29 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Isn't pressure bullying now?
So they're being bullied into releasing a report on bullying.

Pressure is not bullying. Inappropriate pressure can be bullying. So in response to your question, no.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:48 am

Things have changed.
When I was young I didn't think that bullying had anything to do with words. The threshold was somewhere around when you were punched in the face more than once. I suppose that's the outlook you have when you are brought up along the lines of "sticks and stones..."
But now, what is inappropriate is in the eye of the beholder. Are you bullying me because you disagree with me?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:00 am

watt price tully wrote:

The same report the UFU went to court and had blocked?

But I must congratulate you for posting an article that is actually critical of the Victorian government and the ridiculous power the UFU holds over Dan Andrew’s. It’s a step in the right direction, well done 👍
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Things have changed.
When I was young I didn't think that bullying had anything to do with words. The threshold was somewhere around when you were punched in the face more than once. I suppose that's the outlook you have when you are brought up along the lines of "sticks and stones..."
But now, what is inappropriate is in the eye of the beholder. Are you bullying me because you disagree with me?

I think you need to do more inservice in what constitutes bullying and what is pressure. Looks like you might not have that one covered.

Having said that I work in a mostly women dominated workforce / workplace sort of which is public. We have a programme where there is “speaking up for safety” if some precious petals feel unsafe because of what is being done or said can anonymously make a referral. This then is adjudicated by an alleged panel who then get someone to send an email and arrange for a meeting. I’ve been called out once when I took a patient who was a difficult and nasty cow out for a smoke to ascertain whether their bad behaviour was due to psychosis and ice or personality and ice. When I returned after doing some work required chores there were 4 security staff, senior medical and nursing staff ready to pounce on the said patient as she was refused a cigarette lighter and made threats to harm the nurse including burning her hair. She had been quite psychotic earlier post ice use.
I got the young woman to apologise to the nurse, admonished her for her behaviour in front of that audience then requested they give her the lighter. I then made her a coffee and took her out for a smoke to assess her mental state & risk. She was no longer as psychotic as she had been earlier & it was safe to discharge her home, stand down the security and host of others.

The complaint was that I rewarded a person for bad behaviour - the general nurse who was clueless wanted to punish the patient: as I put to that nurse: what are the alternatives that she was looking for, she couldn’t say. If we had detained that person it would gave required security, mechanical restraints, sedation and caused a lot of distress. That nurse just wanted revenge “counter- transference”.

So when I was asked what happened later in a review I explained that and showed too how that process for dealing with so called speaking up for safety can be a f*cked process.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:16 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

But I must congratulate you for posting an article that is actually critical of the Victorian government and the ridiculous power the UFU holds over Dan Andrew’s. It’s a step in the right direction, well done 👍

I want it open & want all perpetrators of sexual harassment and bullying exposed whether they are in the CFA ( we know there are lots there) and the Union. I don’t care where. The CFA and others need to be cleaned up.

The CFA has a lot of explaining to do when they tell their own investigators to stop / avoid investigating real complaints of sexual assault and bullying.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theage.com.au/national/victoria/cfa-investigators-told-to-drop-or-avoid-some-complaints-about-sexual-assaults-harassment-and-bullying-20210319-p57cb9.html

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:53 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Things have changed.

I think you need to do more inservice in what constitutes bullying and what is pressure. Looks like you might not have that one covered.

Having said that I work in a mostly women dominated workforce / workplace sort of which is public. We have a programme where there is “speaking up for safety” if some precious petals feel unsafe because of what is being done or said can anonymously make a referral. This then is adjudicated by an alleged panel who then get someone to send an email and arrange for a meeting. I’ve been called out once when I took a patient who was a difficult and nasty cow out for a smoke to ascertain whether their bad behaviour was due to psychosis and ice or personality and ice. When I returned after doing some work required chores there were 4 security staff, senior medical and nursing staff ready to pounce on the said patient as she was refused a cigarette lighter and made threats to harm the nurse including burning her hair. She had been quite psychotic earlier post ice use.
I got the young woman to apologise to the nurse, admonished her for her behaviour in front of that audience then requested they give her the lighter. I then made her a coffee and took her out for a smoke to assess her mental state & risk. She was no longer as psychotic as she had been earlier & it was safe to discharge her home, stand down the security and host of others.

The complaint was that I rewarded a person for bad behaviour - the general nurse who was clueless wanted to punish the patient: as I put to that nurse: what are the alternatives that she was looking for, she couldn’t say. If we had detained that person it would gave required security, mechanical restraints, sedation and caused a lot of distress. That nurse just wanted revenge “counter- transference”.

So when I was asked what happened later in a review I explained that and showed too how that process for dealing with so called speaking up for safety can be a f*cked process.

I don't have to put up with the sort of BS that you just described.
I know what pressure is though.
Keith Miller told us that years ago.
He said "there's no pressure playing cricket, pressure is having a Messerschmit up your arse".
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:44 pm

I got called out because I refused to allow 2 women time off to go to the tennis with a supplier. One was Greek and 7 months pregnant, the other an Indian woman who told the Director I was racist and sexist. It was well over 40 degrees and the seats were in the open.

The Director told them they could go. Next day the pregnant girl failed to appear as she had been carted off in an Ambulance and the Indian bitch suffered heat stroke. Well when inevitably a workcare claim went in I walked into the Directors office, put a stat dec with the claim saying the reasons I did not want them to go and said here , deal with this.

The claim was rejected as a self inflicted wound. I was never questioned about this again.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:55 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Things have changed.

Definitely a fvcked process, designed by left wing dingbats, no doubt with good intent but typically shitful in practice.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:28 pm

watt price tully wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I want it open & want all perpetrators of sexual harassment and bullying exposed whether they are in the CFA ( we know there are lots there) and the Union. I don’t care where. The CFA and others need to be cleaned up.

The CFA has a lot of explaining to do when they tell their own investigators to stop / avoid investigating real complaints of sexual assault and bullying.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theage.com.au/national/victoria/cfa-investigators-told-to-drop-or-avoid-some-complaints-about-sexual-assaults-harassment-and-bullying-20210319-p57cb9.html

Yet you support a bloke who condones bullying and threatening of female ministers by union bosses to the point he sacks the minister instead...

But judging by that article, most of them no longer work for the CFA
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:43 pm

Btw I've got a question, if you had to undertake training to get a promotion at work, what would be a better process? You can't get a promotion for at least 3 years so do you prefer:

A) Do nothing for 3 years, then when eligible apply for a course, then when you get on the course do a 16 week course that requires your work to find a replacement for you the entire time, then finish the course and qualify.

B) Spend those 3 years studying during work hours and completing each of the modules and being mentored by someone in the higher position. Then after you've completed all the modules, apply for a course, do a short 1-2 week course to put into practice those learnings and complete final assessments.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:22 pm

The modern and professional fire service Victorians deserve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: