Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Recreational cyclists

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very unfortunate to hear, TP.

I don't drive very much as we don't have a working car, but we do hire cars occasionally, and whenever we do I'm always very aware of the cyclists around where I live (to the extent of not wanting to even be in their vicinity in case something goes wrong). I still managed to get sworn at by one while trying to reverse parallel park on Beach Road on Sunday; saw him coming and, having pulled up to begin the manoeuvre, I opted to just sit there until he'd passed as I didn't want to risk either reversing into him or causing him to take any evasive action (even though I had a dozen cars behind me). I don't know if that was the wrong thing to do – clearly he thought it was! – but given the possible consequences of something going wrong, I would have thought being overcautious would always be the safest option if unsure.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:56 am

^

I've only been misfortunate enough to be driving down Beach Rd on a Saturday morning once and have no desire to ever repeat the experience.

How there aren't multiple deaths each weekend from those lycra clad imbeciles has me buggered. I was gobsmacked watching how they ran red lights as a group while cowed pedestrians double and triple checked before trying to cross with the lights.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:18 pm

Yeah truth is riders and car drivers, it only takes a split second of loss of concentration and bam. There were witnesses there was nothing the driver could do, he just suddenly pulled across and he got t boned, not a fun thing to witness. Having said that I don’t know how many times ive remarked how dangerous and arrogant some cyclists are, there is no edging so they ride in the middle of the lane on a 100kph road and not all of them are in day glow.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:48 pm

I more hate the ones who ride on the road when there is a bloody bike lane or the other day we were held up by a cyclist despite the council spending a lot of money on a bike path beside the road!!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

I've only been misfortunate enough to be driving down Beach Rd on a Saturday morning once and have no desire to ever repeat the experience.

How there aren't multiple deaths each weekend from those lycra clad imbeciles has me buggered. I was gobsmacked watching how they ran red lights as a group while cowed pedestrians double and triple checked before trying to cross with the lights.

There are thousands upon thousands of cyclists who use beach road every weekend (there's no standing from 0600-1000) and police book lots of parked cars.

Most riders most of the time abide by road rules as most car drivers too/ Riding to work a lot I can assure you thre are heaps of drivers who break road rules.

The vast majority of bike riders and the vast majority of car drivers are respectful of each other.

I ride Beack Road every Sunday (just about) and most riders are courteous as are most car drivers.

However don't get me started on tradies, taxi drivers, tow truck drivers, poo,e who use mobiles while driving, Mum's outside school as pick up and drop off times, scooters, skateboard riders, bike riders at night wearing black, no helmets and no lights.....

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Well done Police:

Results from Operation River Run:

• 45 charged on summons for travelling over 23km/h while riding a bike or a scooter

• 33 issued with infringements for not wearing a helmet while riding a bike or a scooter

• 9 issued with infringements for operating an unregistered motor vehicle (8 scooters and 1 skateboard)

• 7 issued with infringements for using a mobile phone while riding a bike or a scooter

Other offences include failing to dismount and fail to have proper control.

Police also issued over 500 warnings to cyclists and scooter riders as part of the educational phase of the operation, with over 1,400 speed checks conducted in total.

https://www.police.vic.gov.au/police-conclude-operation-river-run-significant-results

I rode there once and never again. It's a crazy place to ride and very unsafe IMO for both cyclists and pedestrians

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:32 pm

Had to laugh at the story on the news tonight, tough guy cyclists try and intimidate a driver by numbers and he just drives away and they think he should be charged Laughing

Bad luck for cyclists to have a dickhead like that representing cyclists, anyone who respects them would have disappeared after that performance Wink
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:42 pm

Some belligerent lycra clad twat looking like a multicoloured roofing nail carrying on bout his self entitledness.

i wouldn't run over him in the good car, he's not worth the insurance excess. Just get out and yell 'BOO" and watch him run away.

In the old ute, no second thoughts. Free bonnet rides, apply here.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:15 am

saw a guy on a scooter 2 days ago, doing about 60-70kph down the 50kph streets, he had jeans runners, helmet, and a kid on the back in a this summer dress, thongs and a bike helmet, he went around the block twice, if i could have dobbed him in i would have.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:36 am

You should have seen these electric stand up scooters in Darwin. They were every fkn where. Bright Orange. I don't know how they got charged, people just left them any and every where.

To use one, you download an app on your phone then use it to read a QR code on the scooter, arrange payment, and take off. Each scooter has a helmet attached to it which no one used. They're being driven on roads, footpaths, every where and when you're finished you close the App so you stop being charged and just leave the scooter wherever.

Saw one waiter almost get skittled carrying drinks out to a footpath dining area but the chick on the scooter slammed on the breaks just in time.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:25 pm

yeah dickheads around here have those, this was one of those french looking things!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
You should have seen these electric stand up scooters in Darwin. They were every fkn where. Bright Orange. I don't know how they got charged, people just left them any and every where.

To use one, you download an app on your phone then use it to read a QR code on the scooter, arrange payment, and take off. Each scooter has a helmet attached to it which no one used. They're being driven on roads, footpaths, every where and when you're finished you close the App so you stop being charged and just leave the scooter wherever.

Saw one waiter almost get skittled carrying drinks out to a footpath dining area but the chick on the scooter slammed on the breaks just in time.

i saw that when i was up there in early 2020. they’re also all around canberra civic centre.

every state seems to have different laws. here in vic they cannot go faster than 10km/h or be greater than 200kw. fine is $848.

i bought an escooter a little while ago to travel to the local shopping centre.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
Page 43 of 43   

Jump to: