Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Wrong threadmate, file under Sunday from hell!

😂😂

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:30 pm

think positive wrote:
Wrong threadmate, file under Sunday from hell!

Agreed.

There's a small number of things that would get me up at 6am after 4 hours sleep, the prospect of spending 3 hours on a bicycle is definitely not one of them

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:17 am

stui magpie wrote:
Started new job today and actually went into the office. Damn that felt weird. Smile

Up at 6, 3.8 km walk then some weights, light breakfast then drive in to the office in Richmond. Took 25 minutes. Shocked

There was 4 of us in the building. My new boss, me, the other new starter and the receptionist. Had to mask up while indoors and had to be surgical masks which seriously start to pull on the ears after a few hours.

Except for when I went to the city to return my IT gear I haven't been to the actual workplace since March last year. I also haven't worn business shoes and socks in the same time period and fvck I was reminded why.

Today was just an orientation. Collected the laptop, mobile and some peripherals, had an introduction to the organisation and colleagues, 2 of whom came in for an hour for a team meeting and into. I'll be working from home from now on

Like the joint, like the culture, like the boss. (we were colleagues 20 years or more ago, I promised her she wouldn't need to come and drag me out of the pub again Wink )

6 month contract. If it's extended great, if not July will be a perfect time to hit Darwin or Port Douglas for a week or 2.

Well done.

No sympathy re the masks: We have to wear them all the friggin’ time. They only last 4 hours then have to be changed.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:30 am

^

I don't have a problem wearing them for a short burst, like shopping or something, but for hours straight, that's got whiskers on it.

Particularly when there's 3 people in a huge training room sitting 3 metres apart.

Anyway, got through week 1 of new job. Information overload so didn't think about anything over the weekend.

Up at 6 this morning, 5.5km walk in 45 minutes, full routine on the 16kg kettlebell and 10kg dumbell, in the shower before 8.
Light breakfast of the home made cereal(oats, seeds, crushed natural mixed nuts) with full cream milk, some greek yoghurt, few berries and a cup of tea

Have a light lunch later with some cold roast lamb and salad in a wrap before heading into the city for a couple of hours.

Been doing some online learning and typing up my hand written notes form last week which is a great way of consolidating the memory.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:28 pm

Took the old girl over to the daughters place for lunch for her birthday. Us and her partner went to a little Italian joint near The Glen.

Instead of ordering mains we got 2 entrees, some greens, some antipasto and a pizza and shared the food. worked really well and food was good.

Great to see them.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 am

Got to bed a bit earlier and up at 6:20 out by 6:50 am.

Frankston and back with coffee in Mordialloc and Elsternwick. I meet up with a group who leave an hour later and just go to Mordy. I meet them on the return journey.

62km’s per hour down Olivers Hill but only 12 km going up ( it’s a friggin’ steep gradient despite being short) still did Caulfield South to Frankston then to Mordy (continuous riding)

A lot needed to improve but I’m still doing it

Slowish ride back as there were 3 in the group who need more of a hand (riding in front of them) to provide a wind break makes it much easier (in the flash racing it’s part of what a “peloton” or a “domestique” does).

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Picked up the pieces of a kids back yard swing set off a naturestrip during the week. Missing some bits so this arvo went down behind the shed and resurrected some 25yr old pieces from when my kids were little.

Angle grinder to remove rust and make legs the same length, some WD40, 90 minutes from start, new swing set ready to go. Very Happy

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Angle grinder to remove rust and make legs the same length, some WD40

Last time I saw WPT he was lopsided and limping a bit. Maybe you could do the same to him.

And a bit of WD40 on my dodgy toe would do no harm.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:15 pm

^

To quote my Dad, putting WD40 on your toe is like putting a poultice on a wooden leg. If it doesn't help it can't hurt. Wink

As far as WPT's legs go, I'm pretty sure I have a Machete around somewhere.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:13 pm

Someone must have explained to Brett Sutton just how far the NSW border is from Sydney so they've decided to to consider the LGA's along the border to be green zones.

That means I can go back up this weekend without needing any fancy footwork to get home Very Happy

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:43 am

My “radical” council, City of Glen Eira will lower their flags to half mast on Australia Day in concert with the City of Port Phillip.

On Australia Day / Invasion Day there will be a combined council action with local aboriginal groups in the City Of Port Phillip area. Slowly, slowly we’ll change Australia Day to be on a more inclusive day.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:14 am

^ Good to hear!
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:50 pm

This is more like it, Australia:

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/world-s-first-domestic-hydrogen-battery-developed-by-australian-firm-20210120-p56vkd.html

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:25 pm

Son and grandson both had birthdays in the past few. They came over this morning and the grandson stayed for a couple of hours and I dropped him off on the way to Toc.

Great to see them both and have the grandson over. Love the kid to death, he's now 5 and has the concentration span of a fruit fly. Got him a Leap Pad for his birtday, kids tablet with educational stuff.

So happy to be back up in Toc for the weekend, work from here Monday and head back Tuesday. Great to see campers back on the beaches but about 30% of normal. I deliberately bought no food up and shoped at the local supermarket once I'd unpacked.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:20 pm

Nice, how fast has that 5 years gone!!

We went fishing in the boat today

Chicken for dinner!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 34 of 100   

Jump to: