Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering he's doing his quarantine in Adelaide maybe there's a case for closing the SA border
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:44 pm

Tannin wrote:
Look, there is a pandemic on and I can understand locking tennis players like Novak Djokovic up.

The bit I can't understand - and I know it's still 14 days away - is why anyone would want to let the barstard out.

To be fair to Djokovic, he has a point: his committed anti-vaxx, anti-social-distancing, pro-funkybeats beliefs presumably means that he has now been exposed to and caught all possible strains of coronavirus and thus that merely being around him probably has an immunising effect.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:15 pm

To be fair to Djokovic his committed anti-vaxx, anti-social-distancing, pro-funkybeats behaviour presumably means that any competent Immigration Minister would deny him a visa in the first place, or else deport him.

Having once had Covid does NOT mean a person cannot be a carrier.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J9iNSwV2T4
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:13 pm

Tannin wrote:
To be fair to Djokovic his committed anti-vaxx, anti-social-distancing, pro-funkybeats behaviour presumably means that any competent Immigration Minister would deny him a visa in the first place, or else deport him.

Having once had Covid does NOT mean a person cannot be a carrier.

It also doesn't mean they can't catch it again. If there's any degree of immunity from exposure of vaccine, we don't know how long it lasts.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:55 pm

Also, don't buy Chinese Ice cream.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-18/china-reports-109-new-covid-19-cases-ice-cream/13066672

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-18/china-reports-109-new-covid-19-cases-ice-cream/13066672

I would not buy anything from China

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:21 am

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/suicides-in-victoria-dip-despite-fears-pandemic-would-drive-increase-20210118-p56uwp.html
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:28 am

stui magpie wrote:

Bat icecream? hmmm not my first choice, i like the subtle attempt to blame NZ,
" The ingredients included New Zealand milk powder and whey powder from Ukraine, the Government said." dang those dirty cows!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:30 am

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I would not buy anything from China

gees your in trouble, check your phone, your pc parts, your undies, your...... and on and on unfortunately, including probably at least bits of your new photography hobby

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:21 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-16/deaths-from-respiratory-illnesses-lower-than-usual-amid-covid-19/13041324

Quote:
Australia recorded fewer deaths than expected from medical conditions in 2020, despite being in the midst of a global pandemic.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released provisional mortality figures in December for deaths certified by doctors.

According to the ABS, "excess mortality" is the difference between the number of deaths in a period of time, and the expected number of deaths in that same period.

The ABS's December report showed there were 116,345 deaths registered by doctors between January 1 and October 27, 2020, compared with the 2015-19 average of 117,484.

The ABS statistics don't include deaths by suicide - but we know from the Victorian Coroner (see link in my previous post) that suicide deaths here were down in 2020, as well.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:02 pm

Kind of makes sense, I guess, given less car travel, punch-ons outside pubs, prospect of freak accidents and the like. But I am surprised by the decline in suicide rates and wonder what accounts for it, particularly considering anecdotal evidence of worse mental health outcomes, greater incidence of domestic violence and relationship breakdowns and so on.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:54 pm

^ I think there is also a large portion of the population that hates the workplace and/or travelling to it and is better off out of it. There are, of course, also people who like their families and enjoy being able to spend more time with them.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:18 pm

Working from home was accepted differently for different people. Those who live alone and/or are more extroverted coped less well with the isolation, as did parents trying to juggle working with home schooling.

Where I currently work surveyed staff recently, I haven't seen the actual numbers but the majority of people do not want to return to full time in the office but would agree to 1-2 days per week and the rest at home.

The lack of social interaction in the workplace for many was compounded by the actual lockdown and being unable to see friends or family. The fact that mental health hotlines had a 40+% increase in traffic speaks to the impact the lockdowns had on people's mental health. That a handful less people successfully took their own lives during 2020 doesn't change that.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:06 am

While suicide numbers were down during the lockdown there is an anticipation that there will be a surge post lockdown. However to say it is caused by a lockdown is hard to say.

I know that ED’s are pretty busy currently. Triage is busy but generally well staffed and that’s a positive.

Domestic violence has increased.

With support services such as Beyond Blue, Headspace and Lifeline amongst others one also needs to factor in the increasing awareness of these services as another reason they are being used combined with a push through media and other sources.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 33 of 200   

Jump to: