Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
The family in Tullamarine: hugely sad and distressing.

It is, though I note that the usual demands from certain quarters to focus on the monstrousness of the perpetrator – "don't humanise him", "who cares if he was a good bloke?", "don't talk about mental illness" – seem to be absent this time around.

(For the record, I think the generally empathetic response to this is far closer to how it should usually be. We should be focusing on mental health issues, lack of support, the strain of lockdown, etc., because these are likely to be real and important factors. It is a tragedy first and foremost, and directing hatred at the now-deceased mother from the cheap seats is not useful.)

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:57 pm

^

4 more deaths attributed to Dan's lockdown.

I feel so sorry for the Dad, in one fell swoop his family is gone.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Not related to the lockdown. That’s scraping the barrel. You’ve must have been talkin’ to Eddie for too long.

Between the 2 of us 1 of us knows a bit more of the backstory.

Must have been Antifa storming the White House last week too

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:13 pm

So you can absolutely rule out the lock down as a factor?

Based on.....?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:29 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Not related to the lockdown. That’s scraping the barrel. You’ve must have been talkin’ to Eddie for too long.

Between the 2 of us 1 of us knows a bit more of the backstory.

Must have been Antifa storming the White House last week too

Would be interested in hearing more, WPT. You don't have to be specific, but I think any pointers would be useful here.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:09 am

^

Considering reports I've seen and read seem to point to the lockdown as the trigger for her personality change.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:34 am

I’m just not at liberty to say. I know that sounds generic but think what I do for work.

Lockdown is mischievous speculation.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Clearly if you have gained any information through work you absolutely cant breach confidentiality, but I've seen neighbours saying her personality changed during/post lockdown. Are you suggesting that timing was pure coincidence?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:19 pm

While I defer to your knowledge, WPT, I must confess I’m perplexed by your description of the speculation as "mischievous" – as if the mental health impacts of lockdown weren’t widely acknowledged and well-documented. This isn’t a "COVID contrarian" thing, just a presumption that the difficulties of the past year have put a lot of people under strain, and in some cases exacerbated existing personal struggles and dysfunctions. If the info you have is that it’s clearly not a factor here, then fair enough, but it’s hardly an extraordinary hypothesis.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:48 am

its not four more deaths, its a suicide and three murders. she didnt have to kill her kids. think about it. the sound/feel of a knife going into your childs tissues, did she dope them first or can you add their screams to it? and still she didnt bail after the first? the second? as much sympathy as i had for the 2 pricks who drove their kids into lakes to drown.

kill yourself, im sorry you couldnt find the help you needed, that you had to go through that pain, kill your kids, or anyone else, **** you

cant blame Dan for everything, anymore than you can blame Trump for the killing of America.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:35 am

think positive wrote:

cant blame Dan for everything, anymore than you can blame Trump for the killing of America.

With respect that’s a false equivalence. Trump is directly responsible as he was after Charlottesville. He has empowered and legitimised white supremacists armed violent racist militias.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:37 am

it was brewing and dyin long before Trump hit office, the NRA can take a massive piece of the pie.

What is his legacy?

Trump is leaving the White House a vastly diminished figure.

Sure, there have been achievements.

Before the pandemic put a wrecking ball through it, the US economy was growing.

The jobless rate had hit a 50-year low.

To the delight of his base, Trump appointed three conservative judges to the US Supreme Court.

In foreign policy, Trump reversed years of US timidity when launching missile strikes on Syria in response to Bashar al-Assad using chemical weapons on his own people.

He opened a dialogue with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (even though the dictator ended up playing the US President like a cheap violin), and brokered peace deals between Israel, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates.

But, at the same time, Trump was hostile to some of America's key allies, and his withdrawal from the Paris climate change agreement set back international efforts to slow global warming.

Back home, Trump sowed further division in an already deeply polarised country.

While George Bush Snr may have wished for a "kinder, gentler nation", Trump leaves behind a harsher, meaner one.

In four years, the 45th US President has shaken global security and undermined the foundations of America's democracy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-19/joe-bidens-inauguration-ends-the-donald-trump-ride/13065730

Obama tried, and achieved a little in gun control, maybe saved a life or two, and Trump did try to shut down New York originally but was told it was against the constitution and then he proceeded to go batshit crazy!!! or crazier.

The constitution needs rewriting from no 1 down, in this era conditions. put down those $$%^%%$ muskets! How do you change the mentality that i need a gun because all the criminals have one, or the jumpy cops might shoot me?? When i get time ill google if any state, or even town have done just that.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:41 pm

I was just reminded, I heard on the radio that we have the annual death in the Murray River near Toc, this one on Australia Day at Thompsons Beach out of Cobram.

City people just don't get that swimming in the river is not the same as a pool or the ocean.

For 1, visibility is about 10cm.

There is a constant current, which includes in areas serious under tows

There's no consistency in depth. On Australia Day Eve I was swimming from the Town Beach to the jetty when 3 jet ski's full of teenagers was coming toward me so to make sure they could see me I stood up in the middle of the river and started walking. They duly slowed down and went around me, but 20 metres further downstream the water is over 3m deep. There's other parts where you can walk in and it goes from ankle deep to 3+ metres in one step.

The river is full of submerged trees that have fallen in over years. You don't see them til you hit them and if you're under the water when you do you may never surface again.

Every year at least one dies and it's just not necessary.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I was just reminded, I heard on the radio that we have the annual death in the Murray River near Toc, this one on Australia Day at Thompsons Beach out of Cobram.

City people just don't get that swimming in the river is not the same as a pool or the ocean.

For 1, visibility is about 10cm.

There is a constant current, which includes in areas serious under tows

There's no consistency in depth. On Australia Day Eve I was swimming from the Town Beach to the jetty when 3 jet ski's full of teenagers was coming toward me so to make sure they could see me I stood up in the middle of the river and started walking. They duly slowed down and went around me, but 20 metres further downstream the water is over 3m deep. There's other parts where you can walk in and it goes from ankle deep to 3+ metres in one step.

The river is full of submerged trees that have fallen in over years. You don't see them til you hit them and if you're under the water when you do you may never surface again.

Every year at least one dies and it's just not necessary.

There’s been so many drownings this year. Just a terrible waste. I think rather than a spelling test or know who Don Bradman was the entry to Australia needs to be based on swimming test. Can’t swim then don’t come to Australia.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:49 pm

If you can't swim, don't go in the water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 55 of 70   

Jump to: