Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

decent new TV series

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot to watch it, ill see if i can catch up on it, although ti strikes me as odd that a drug trafficker is a celebrity!

bad blood on netflix, based on a true story, Tig from SOA is the main man, its quite shocking, its based in Montreal Canada, just wow!

also has Anthony LaPaglia, who is so convincing, paul sorvino, who looks like youd expect a mob boss too! its scary how these shows get you rooting for the bad guys!!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:40 am

Have a look at it, it's pretty full on and no batchelor or farmer wants a root.

First test was falling backward from a helicopter 8m into freezing cold water. Stand up on rail, hands on heart, close eyes and fall backwards when told.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:32 am

Staged on ABC iView.

Stars David Tennant and Michael Sheen. Filmed in UK lockdown.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/staged

"The show must go on. When Covid-19 puts a hold on two actors' West End play, they are persuaded by the director to carry on, taking rehearsals online."

Interesting premise and the rapport between the 2 leads is what makes it work. Episodes are only 22 minutes so you can watch it one sitting.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:56 am

We’re watching “Tehran” at the moment on Apple. Made by the same makers of “Fauda” on Netflix and “Asylum City” on SBS on demand, both of which are “tremendous” to quote the POTUS.

A few weeks back we saw “False Flag” on SBS on demand which was great watching too, riveting TV.

40 minute episodes more or less so suits my concentration span

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:37 pm

Virgin river on Netflix, it’s terrible but I’ve watch 1 and a half seasons since last night!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:57 pm

The Ken Burns series on Country Music showing every Friday night on SBS. Stops me from going to bed early. Another Ken Burns ripper. Great watching

The official trailer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVOZl671ssY

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:58 pm

Grand Army and The Queens Gambit on Netflix. Both were very good.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:18 am

watt price tully wrote:
The Ken Burns series on Country Music showing every Friday night on SBS. Stops me from going to bed early. Another Ken Burns ripper. Great watching

The official trailer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVOZl671ssY

Have downloaded all eight episodes, and will get to them January all being well.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Binge watching the final season of Wentworth. I know it's trash but I like it. Laughing

Then I'm going to watch I May Have To Destroy You. It has received rave reviews and looks solid.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:14 am

Mrs WPT & I have just finished watching a 16 part South Korean crime drama called “The Good Detective”

Not bad at all. With some of the South Korean shows / series I’ve watched (on Netflix) you’ve gotta put up with some / occasional soap opera type of production qualities and editing along the same lines: a bit of sentimentality at times but the writing and the acting in this series was first class as it was in the first series of “Stranger” another ripping series from South Korea.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgcoOxcYag

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:07 am

yesterday i watched THE TRIALS OF GABRIEL FERNANDEZ on Netflix, i FF a few bits, you have to watch it in one day, i finished at midnight, because....you cant get his face out of your head. So so many people failed this little boy. I dont get it i really dont, how even relos that had him before he went back to his mum didnt do something in those 8 months, how the teacher didnt do more, the cops the case workers, a single security guard did more than they did put together, and it still wasnt enough. $$%^%%$ evil.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:13 am

Mrs WPT & I have been watching “The Marvellous Mrs Maisel” on Amazon / Prime. Light, lavish production, brilliantly written and fabulously acted. Have some issues with it politically but it is very good.

Trailer series 1:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fOmwkTrW4OQ

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:06 pm

ive tried to watch im a celebrity get me out of here a couple of times, dane swan for one! but the hosts are so so lame! but i accidently caught a bit of the new one, and i watched it for 2 hours this evening (but i still miss foxtel!!) its actually a really good dynamic!!! jess from the block, grant denyer and Varcoe absolutley make it, but a big shout out to the bravery of toni pearon, god no, no way!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:58 pm

Finished “The Marvellous Mrs Maisel”: light, funny, brilliant writing, sassy, great production including music, photography and the costumes: great fun.

In a different vein we saw and really enjoyed the Norwegian Series on SBS on demand “ Witch Hunt” wow. Corporate crime and really well acted, written an directed. Tense stuff. 8 x 40 minute episodes

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:12 pm

Holey Moley on 7. Extreme mini golf.

The yank commentator is an acquired taste but he does the same role on the US version, once you get the vibe it's actually funny. Shirvo plays straight man perfectly. Laughing

Pitched at an audience of 6-12, family viewing, worth a look when you want to just watch something fun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 84 of 95   

Jump to: