Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Not eating for a few hours won't kill you. I weighed in this morning at 90.4kg after a week on holiday, how are you looking? Razz Wink

Ripping. A lean mean fighting machine.

i see. Razz

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:37 am

think positive wrote:
Juniors friend came out if hospital today. A few years ago she moved in here for a couple of weeks when she had parent problems, she’s a great kid. B grade netballer, A grade footy player, works for an AFL club with the schools program, but she will always be collingwood. She did her ACL playing netball, broke a rib playing footy, and smasher her wrist snowboarding in Canada on Christmas Day a couple of years ago. She was crook before Christmas, spent a week in hospital they seem to think she had legionnaires disease from a bag of potting mix. She got out Day before Christmas Eve, ran out of antibiotics and thought she was ok. She coughed on Boxing Day, and luckilywent back to hospital. Or she would be dead. She has golden Staph, half her lung is dead, they have to fix the infection before they operate. They think about 6 weeks on drugs first. They were going to keep her there for 2 weeks, but let her go to her mums. Junior saw her briefly in hospital on NYE, then came to the beach house, she was a mess, so we stayed in. So today, I’m happy, she’s home, hopefully on the mend, of course the op will be scary, and she will forever have diminished lung capacity, but she’s alive. Three painful deaths in three months, I can’t take another. And the thought of juniors heartbreaking again....

$�$%^%%$ potting mix, I mean I’ve seen the warnings on the pack but shit hey. Cheers, if you have a friend in the skies, please chuck in a word for her. Xx

Jeesus, that's scary, but great that she's going to be OK.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:24 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Not eating for a few hours won't kill you. I weighed in this morning at 90.4kg after a week on holiday, how are you looking? Razz Wink

Ripping. A lean mean fighting machine.

i see. Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Your self portraits ought to be posted under the amateur photography thread.

My New Years weight reduction strategy is using the bowel preparation I had before a colonoscopy last year or so. Do this every 2 days or so and get some needle and thread for sewing my lips together is also a method I’m considering 😉

Mind you the spin class this morning was tough going & I perspired a frickin lot.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:15 am

stui magpie wrote:

Jeesus, that's scary, but great that she's going to be OK.

Thanks mate yeah, junior visited her last night after work, she looks fine apparently you’d never know apart from her new drug dripping accessories. She’s scared, but ok. They gave told her 8 weeks now. She went to her mums not her own unit, so that’s good.cheers xx

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:47 am

think positive wrote:
Juniors friend came out if hospital today. A few years ago she moved in here for a couple of weeks when she had parent problems, she’s a great kid. B grade netballer, A grade footy player, works for an AFL club with the schools program, but she will always be collingwood. She did her ACL playing netball, broke a rib playing footy, and smasher her wrist snowboarding in Canada on Christmas Day a couple of years ago. She was crook before Christmas, spent a week in hospital they seem to think she had legionnaires disease from a bag of potting mix. She got out Day before Christmas Eve, ran out of antibiotics and thought she was ok. She coughed on Boxing Day, and luckilywent back to hospital. Or she would be dead. She has golden Staph, half her lung is dead, they have to fix the infection before they operate. They think about 6 weeks on drugs first. They were going to keep her there for 2 weeks, but let her go to her mums. Junior saw her briefly in hospital on NYE, then came to the beach house, she was a mess, so we stayed in. So today, I’m happy, she’s home, hopefully on the mend, of course the op will be scary, and she will forever have diminished lung capacity, but she’s alive. Three painful deaths in three months, I can’t take another. And the thought of juniors heartbreaking again....

$�$%^%%$ potting mix, I mean I’ve seen the warnings on the pack but shit hey. Cheers, if you have a friend in the skies, please chuck in a word for her. Xx

Friggin’ Hell. WTF 😳 😳 hope she recovers well. Goodness me.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:58 am

watt price tully wrote:

Friggin’ Hell. WTF 😳 😳 hope she recovers well. Goodness me.

Yep She never does anything the normal way! great kid who i love to the moon and back!! She seems a slight girl but she is tough as nails. cheers mate, and yes that was my reaction too!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:41 am

Finally doing some spring cleaning, the eldest is off for a couple of weeks so I told her she was doing her room! Yes miss ice cream in the drawer got her room spic and spam, I showed her and her BF how to use the carpet cleaner, and take blinds and flyscreens down ( do these kids learn any hands on skills at school?) and they did a good job! I said loudlythe other day I’m sick of cleaning and cooking for 4 people! I guess it was loud enough!

And I finally bought hubby his Christmas pressie, see I whacked my iwatch on the weekend, harder than I normally do, and broke the face of it. Since he bought me an updated google home, top of the range, so he can listen to the radio (hello, I’m deaf, I only use it to play Elton John for the dogs when I go out, as junior pointed out to him when he got her to wrap it!) I bought him a lovely rose gold iwatch since the screen on the old one is over $200 to replace with no guarantee it will work! It was on special!

Happy happy!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:15 pm

Started new job today and actually went into the office. Damn that felt weird. Smile

Up at 6, 3.8 km walk then some weights, light breakfast then drive in to the office in Richmond. Took 25 minutes. Shocked

There was 4 of us in the building. My new boss, me, the other new starter and the receptionist. Had to mask up while indoors and had to be surgical masks which seriously start to pull on the ears after a few hours.

Except for when I went to the city to return my IT gear I haven't been to the actual workplace since March last year. I also haven't worn business shoes and socks in the same time period and fvck I was reminded why.

Today was just an orientation. Collected the laptop, mobile and some peripherals, had an introduction to the organisation and colleagues, 2 of whom came in for an hour for a team meeting and into. I'll be working from home from now on

Like the joint, like the culture, like the boss. (we were colleagues 20 years or more ago, I promised her she wouldn't need to come and drag me out of the pub again Wink )

6 month contract. If it's extended great, if not July will be a perfect time to hit Darwin or Port Douglas for a week or 2.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:46 pm

sounds perfect, go you

i wonder if your mum was doing the risky business dance when you left!!!

ran into checkers at a vegan cafe today, OMG my heart be still he is so damn good looking up close, but hes a skinny ****!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:51 pm

I just pictured mum trying to do the risky business dance.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The coroners report would have made interesting reading. Wink Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:01 pm

lol!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 am

stui magpie wrote:
Started new job today and actually went into the office. Damn that felt weird. Smile

Up at 6, 3.8 km walk then some weights, light breakfast then drive in to the office in Richmond. Took 25 minutes. Shocked

There was 4 of us in the building. My new boss, me, the other new starter and the receptionist. Had to mask up while indoors and had to be surgical masks which seriously start to pull on the ears after a few hours.

Except for when I went to the city to return my IT gear I haven't been to the actual workplace since March last year. I also haven't worn business shoes and socks in the same time period and fvck I was reminded why.

Today was just an orientation. Collected the laptop, mobile and some peripherals, had an introduction to the organisation and colleagues, 2 of whom came in for an hour for a team meeting and into. I'll be working from home from now on

Like the joint, like the culture, like the boss. (we were colleagues 20 years or more ago, I promised her she wouldn't need to come and drag me out of the pub again Wink )

6 month contract. If it's extended great, if not July will be a perfect time to hit Darwin or Port Douglas for a week or 2.

👍 well done you. Hope it works out.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:52 am

Last week worked 7 in a row with Saturday being O/T in the ED (copped a frickin parking ticket) coz just soo busy. Was meant to have 3 days off but so much OT available so I worked 6 hours yesterday.

Paying for new ceiling fans (3) which cost over 850, need a sparky and also need a plumber. An old ceiling fan was causing a “short” in some of the power.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:26 pm

Lots making me happy these days:

1. Family
2. Work
3. Garden
4. Cycling

Ride this morning to Frankston and back, coffee in Black Rock and rode 2 hours 40 minutes without stopping. 3 hours and 10 mins in total cycling ( feeling it a bit as I finished a late shift yesterday, in bed at 01:20 this morning then up at 06:15 to get ready for the bike ride.

The garden this time of year on a beautiful day is something else to enjoy on the first of my 2 days off 😊😊😊

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:55 pm

Wrong threadmate, file under Sunday from hell!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 33 of 100   

Jump to: