Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A complete border closure is the only thing that will save Victoria. Plainly roar is correct - this should have been done the moment NSW had an outbreak.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:29 pm

roar wrote:
Extremely angry at how long it's taken to close the borders. Would have thought preventing another outbreak was the most important job for the government but Dan seems to take an easy-as-you-go approach, and it's phucking killing me.

yep and anyone coming back tonight should still have to be tested,

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:23 pm

think positive wrote:
roar wrote:
Extremely angry at how long it's taken to close the borders. Would have thought preventing another outbreak was the most important job for the government but Dan seems to take an easy-as-you-go approach, and it's phucking killing me.

This is what you get when the Marx Brothers are providing health advice to a bunch of dickheads.

My cousin left NSW yesterday morning, before the preschoolers in charge decided to close the border. He sailed through, doesn't need a test, just a permit that you do online and has no checks and balances, pure honesty system.

If I'd come back yesterday after said hissy fit, I'd need to get tested and stay at home until I got a negative result, despite coming from an area that has not had a single positive locally transmitted case, EVER.

Coming back today, I spent about 45 minutes in gridlock to get through the checkpoint. Geez I felt sorry for the poor cops standing out there in the bush summer sun in full uniform. One I had was clearly weary. After I showed him the permit on the Galaxy Tab and he enquired if it was a big phone or small iPad, he said to me, "You know you're supposed to get tested within 24 hours of getting back and self quarantine for 14 days?"

My immediate response was "Fkn bullshit, that's ridiculous. Are you serious?". I then caught myself and apologised saying "Sorry, I know it's not your fault"

He replied with a weary expressions, "Yeah, we have to do it too. We've been staying in Tocumwal". Poor bastard. At that point we noticed that the cars in front of me were gone so I took off before someone behind lost it.

So came home, headed to the drive through testing station at Nothern Health Epping on the way home, thinking I'll knock this over quickly. Got told it was a 3 hour wait, so I politely left. Fvck that.

So I'll take the old girl to Greensie first thing in the morning but fvcked if I'm isolating for 14 days, as soon as I get the negative test result I'm out and once I get the equipment to work from home from the new job, I may just head back up there.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:14 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Yet that hasn't happened in NSW. They've kept low case numbers.

Like 100 000 Cases a Day?

Like less than 10 usually, while doing 3-5 times more testing than Vic.

In the last week they've done 171,000 tests and only had more than 10 local cases on one day.

This border closure has nothing to do with health advice unless the advisors are the Marx brothers, it's politically motivated crap by an incompetant bunch of cretins.

Then we should just let the Federal Goverment take over then as State Leaders are bunch of Pricks who only care about themselves

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
A complete border closure is the only thing that will save Victoria. Plainly roar is correct - this should have been done the moment NSW had an outbreak.

IF want to be 100% Safe that State and Country Borders need to be Closed or IF not States then the Country Borders should be Closed that no one is Allowed In or Out

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:27 pm

With Covid around is it even worth going on a Holiday because can't plan anything as Certain?
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:31 pm
Post subject: covid vaccineReply with quote

how about we give the covid vaccine early to professional sports in Australia so we are all enjoy watching a proper season.

i say this because

1/. it is a very small relatively in the scheme of things

2/. the government seems to be standing firm on not doing widespread distribution.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:31 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

An international border closure.

Send all returning Australians to Christmas Island.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:36 pm

Covid 19 is going to be with us for a long time.

We ARE going to get outbreaks from international flights no matter how good the quarantine system is, what matters is how the states deal with those.

vaccine's may be available from March, it will take months to do everyone and even then we really don't know how effective it is or how long it lasts. If it works, do you need a booster every 3-6-9 months?

So during the next 12-18 months, do we really want to deal with being locked down every time there's an inevitable outbreak?

The Andrews government showed us how to utterly fvck up hotel quarantine and then contact tracing and then region based isolation so they had to resort to total lockdown, winning plaudits from many imbeciles for putting out the fire they caused

Gladys is potentially showing us how the outbreaks can be managed if competant adults are in charge

I know which method I prefer.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:33 pm

think positive wrote:
roar wrote:

Anyone coming back tonight has to do 14 days quarantine! That’s how $%$ed this governments border closure was. At 5pm on NYE they tell people who’ve been drinking to quick get in your cars and drive 5+ hours back home or you can’t go back to work next week or the week after...

There is no sign of intelligent life in the Victorian government and now it comes out the NSW person they were blaming for the outbreak tested negative whilst we do have confirmation of infected Victorians going to regional NSW. Maybe NSW should shut the border, at least they know how to do it competently.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:01 pm

Here’s the ABC’s report on the Victorian cases:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-01/heres-what-we-know-about-victorias-coronavirus-outbreak/13026068
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Here’s the ABC’s report on the Victorian cases:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-01/heres-what-we-know-about-victorias-coronavirus-outbreak/13026068

Thanks, a good summary. It’s hard to follow a lot of news sites as they keep updating the articles they are all over the shop.

If it’s interesting they say we need more people to get tested plus everyone who’s coming home from NSW has to get tested, yet as the article has links to and Stui and countless others have said, the current testing sites cannot meet demand. They shut most of them down for the holidays and rostered skeleton staff on those open. Hopefully they’ve got plans to ramp them all back up tomorrow or no one will bother.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Gladys is potentially showing us how the outbreaks can be managed if competant adults are in charge

I was wondering what happened to the sixth Marx Brother.

Export the Virus is the consequence of Gladys’s strategy. Terrific 👍

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 am

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I was wondering what happened to the sixth Marx Brother.

Export the Virus is the consequence of Gladys’s strategy. Terrific 👍

Short memory.

We exported the virus to NSW during our hotel quarantine failure and they got on top of it very quickly.

If you can't see the difference between NSW and Vic strategy, then you are blinded by politics...which is sad.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:54 am

eddiesmith wrote:
think positive wrote:
roar wrote:

Anyone coming back tonight has to do 14 days quarantine! That’s how �$%$ed this governments border closure was. At 5pm on NYE they tell people who’ve been drinking to quick get in your cars and drive 5+ hours back home or you can’t go back to work next week or the week after...

There is no sign of intelligent life in the Victorian government and now it comes out the NSW person they were blaming for the outbreak tested negative whilst we do have confirmation of infected Victorians going to regional NSW. Maybe NSW should shut the border, at least they know how to do it competently.

I’m more than happy for them to stay there!

Reading this thread quickly tells you the answers as to why the government treats us like children. Because so many act like it. If you sample 100 people who visited the beaches how many would be honest about it? It’s not the Aussie way to dob or for many tell the truth! Or do the unselfish thing.

Was Gladys in charge when the ruby princess docked? When we all masked up the numbers crashed, why are they not masking up? Learning from our hell? Why didn’t she lock down the beaches?

7 states, 2 big **** up ones, neither are winning this years people’s choice award or covid handling award.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 13 of 200   

Jump to: