Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
On the prosecco as we speak! Smile

Salute!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:50 pm

Signed and sealed, all the pre employment stuff done, I start on Tuesday 5th Jan, coincidently my daughter's birthday.

Deja Vu all over again. Last job I was up in Toc trying to do all the pre-employment stuff on the Thursday before the grandfinal (with Friday as a public holiday) with intent to start on the next Monday.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:41 pm

My first consecutive 25th and 26th of December off in about 15 years if not more. Worked my arse off this fortnight, especially the last week. Sunday was meant to be a day off so after the big ride to Frankston & back I ended up working a pm shift in the ED as they were so short staffed.

Worked a pm on Monday 2.00-10.30pm followed by a 7:am start the next day till 1:30 in the ED, followed by a 2-10:30 regular shift. Then worked pm on Wednesday, & day shifts yesterday and today.

Now 2 days off thank goodness.

Gunna do a big ride tomorrow hopefully before X’mas lunch with Mrs WPT and her family.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:24 am

Youngest and her BF made dinner last night: Yum.

BBQ Marinated prawns
BBQ Vietnamese flavoured (lemongrass/fish sauce/etc) marinated Chicken thighs
Green paw paw salad, a chilli oil Asian flavoured noodle with leafy green salad
An Asian style green coleslaw
A tofu like salad
Home made tiramisu including home-made biscotti

Yum

So rode 86 km (95% by myself) this morning up Olivers Hill : still haven’t burnt off the Tiramisu I gutsed last night 😉

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:50 pm

Drove to Tocumwal today. Faaaark mee half of Melbourne has come up in the past 10 days. The town beach is chockers, Mexican terrorists everywhere in town.

37 and humid, sweated out 2kg just unloading the ute

Bought mums mobility scooter up so we going to dinner at the bottom pub. After seeing the mob on the beach driving into town I rang and made a reservation as soon as I was out of the car.

Chill for a few days then home and a new year and new job

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:15 pm

awesome guys, enjoy,

at the house just with hubby, no kids, except the fur ones, sleeping, lots of sleeping, he needs it, its been a taxing couple of months, i got up for sunrise at 5am yesterday, he was still asleep when i got back!! and i tell you what, there is so much less housework with just 2 people, just sayin!!!

beach walks, seafood, cygnets on the pond, a storm hit last night while i was taking pics of them, nearly got blown over, came home (100metres!!) and stuck the gas wood fire on and watched the bonnie and clyde movie on netflix! hubby is going home for a day or so tues or wed, im staying put!! peace, quiet, no mess, no stress, no work!! i could get used to this!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:07 pm

Just been doing stuff in Toc.

Made an outdoor table out of an old bench that was in the old shed I tore down. Timber has been sitting there 3 years, just needed legs. 2 other rescue pieces willamake bench seats and an old redgum drop bar the legs.

Mowed the front, poisoned the bindis, gave the front door a new coat of paint inside and out, took the old door handle off and after some sandpaper, vinegar and brasso, I have a nice Brass and copper door handle.

Very Happy

I've figured out how to make an attic ladder since I can't buy one to fit a vertical opening.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:58 pm

think positive wrote:
awesome guys, enjoy,

at the house just with hubby, no kids, except the fur ones, sleeping, lots of sleeping, he needs it, its been a taxing couple of months, i got up for sunrise at 5am yesterday, he was still asleep when i got back!! and i tell you what, there is so much less housework with just 2 people, just sayin!!!

beach walks, seafood, cygnets on the pond, a storm hit last night while i was taking pics of them, nearly got blown over, came home (100metres!!) and stuck the gas wood fire on and watched the bonnie and clyde movie on netflix! hubby is going home for a day or so tues or wed, im staying put!! peace, quiet, no mess, no stress, no work!! i could get used to this!!

Nice one, enjoy

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Just been doing stuff in Toc.

Made an outdoor table out of an old bench that was in the old shed I tore down. Timber has been sitting there 3 years, just needed legs. 2 other rescue pieces willamake bench seats and an old redgum drop bar the legs.

Mowed the front, poisoned the bindis, gave the front door a new coat of paint inside and out, took the old door handle off and after some sandpaper, vinegar and brasso, I have a nice Brass and copper door handle.

Very Happy

I've figured out how to make an attic ladder since I can't buy one to fit a vertical opening.

Mr productive.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:48 pm

Day 6 at work, tomorrow day 7 in a row. Working in the ED overtime, now need to use the full protective gear because of all the dickheads who won’t get tested and potentially carry the virus.

I’ll make this the last shift back in the ED because the virus is not contained from the Sidanee spread as yet and you just need one phucker to ruin it for everyone.

ED is back to full PPE

Then 3 days off 😊😊😊

Except my beach road bicycle route on Sunday goes through Black Rock, Beaumaris and Mentone 😱😉

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:00 pm

It’s so quiet in our neighbourhood.
As usual most people have done their annual exodus to the respective coasts.

Went to local Coles, hardly anyone there.
Even Woolies in Carnegie was quieter.

Always good to stay home at this time year (apart from saving money on exorbitant accomodation), less people, less traffic.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:58 pm

Did my first PPE today in the ED: not sure if it made me happy but assitsed in making me safe when assessing people in the ED.

Worked flat stick from 06:45 to 15:30. By myself as I was helping out the the other staff member was sick. Inherited a lot of people to sort in the ED and was able to handover a mangeable load. Had great support today, great staff on.

Didn't eat anything, 2 coffees and got to the loo at the end of the shift. Earned the overtime today that's for sure.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:12 pm

^

Not eating for a few hours won't kill you. I weighed in this morning at 90.4kg after a week on holiday, how are you looking? Razz Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:04 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Not eating for a few hours won't kill you. I weighed in this morning at 90.4kg after a week on holiday, how are you looking? Razz Wink

Ripping. A lean mean fighting machine.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:38 am

Juniors friend came out if hospital today. A few years ago she moved in here for a couple of weeks when she had parent problems, she’s a great kid. B grade netballer, A grade footy player, works for an AFL club with the schools program, but she will always be collingwood. She did her ACL playing netball, broke a rib playing footy, and smasher her wrist snowboarding in Canada on Christmas Day a couple of years ago. She was crook before Christmas, spent a week in hospital they seem to think she had legionnaires disease from a bag of potting mix. She got out Day before Christmas Eve, ran out of antibiotics and thought she was ok. She coughed on Boxing Day, and luckilywent back to hospital. Or she would be dead. She has golden Staph, half her lung is dead, they have to fix the infection before they operate. They think about 6 weeks on drugs first. They were going to keep her there for 2 weeks, but let her go to her mums. Junior saw her briefly in hospital on NYE, then came to the beach house, she was a mess, so we stayed in. So today, I’m happy, she’s home, hopefully on the mend, of course the op will be scary, and she will forever have diminished lung capacity, but she’s alive. Three painful deaths in three months, I can’t take another. And the thought of juniors heartbreaking again....

$$%^%%$ potting mix, I mean I’ve seen the warnings on the pack but shit hey. Cheers, if you have a friend in the skies, please chuck in a word for her. Xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 32 of 100   

Jump to: