Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dandrews' strength of leadership vs. Scotty's dithering

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He sacked A branch stacker. Yet he himself has done it and still he keeps his job. The fact the one he sacked was in an opposite faction that didn’t like him was just a very lucky coincidence
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:42 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
If Labor had anyone who had the required leadership and technical skills as well as charisma, they'd surely be in some sort of leadership role by now. I'm not familiar with any who'd fit that description.

This has been my concern with Labor for a long time. I don't know precisely what their problem is, though it seems to at least be in part a result of their culture, which rewards the ruthless and careerist and presumably scares off any idealists or potential reformers from even joining the party to begin with, or destroys them long before they get into a position of power, or kills them inside by the time they get to the top. So you end up with, basically, a collective of apparent robots with no personality or charisma that no normal person can relate to, who have become emperors of their own domain (i.e. the party) but look like aliens to everybody outside of it. Wong is probably better than most and would make an extremely competent leader, but at the end of the day comes across as the same basic kind of person as Albanese, Shorten, Marles, etc.: someone who isn't inspiring, doesn't seem trustworthy and doesn't seem to have much of a vision for the future.

On the other hand, perhaps we need to lower our expectations: if Scott Morrison can be PM, maybe anyone can be?

Good post, and maybe you're right about Wong as much as I think she's got the cognitive ability. Perhaps the vampires have drained her life blood and my view is outdated. In any case, by personality she's a technocrat, not a leader.

The ALP is like an old people's home where the residents are simply unaware they smell of decay and mothballs. (Disinfects hands).

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:29 pm

Yeah, pretty much. When it comes to Wong, even with the apparent shortcomings I mention above, you'd still absolutely want her in your leadership team (particularly so when you consider the grifters and provincial thinkers on the other side who have dominated Coalition government ministries over the past seven years). But for leadership and salesmanship, I think they need to look elsewhere; I'm not optimistic, but maybe there's someone up-and-coming in the outer ministry or backbench who still has something of a natural touch (I do recall seeing Terri Butler on Q&A one time and thinking she came across relatively well).
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:45 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I'm curious which 3 ministers you think he's moved on.

He sacked Somyurek for being beter at branch stacking but being caught (to be fair he'd have sacked Somyurek for breathing too loud, he just needed an excuse) so that's 1.

Mikakos resigned after he threw her under a bus to protect his own arse, so who's the other 2 he's sacked?

The twice elected Premier of Victoria the Right Honourable Daniel Andrews has either sacked or moved on (forcing a resignation has the same effect) in 2020

1. Adem Somurek
2. Marlene Kairouz
3. Robin Scott &
4. Jenny Mikakos

In addition Eccles and Peake two top public servants have also gone

This thread of course is about twice elected Premier of Victoria the Right Honourable Daniel Andrews Strength of Leadership vs Scotty from Marketing and his dithering.

Now I'll ask you a simple question:

Which Ministers has "Scotty from Marketing" sacked or forced to move on since he's been PM? Just a list will suffice

The minister responsible for sports rorts was moved on, so that was apparently brilliant and decisive leadership by our PM... Rolling Eyes
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:51 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
The minister responsible for sports rorts was moved on, so that was apparently brilliant and decisive leadership by our PM... Rolling Eyes

You still here? I thought you were still drinking your endless bottle of whine.

His office directed the rorts. Not pork barrel but piggery barrel. See the dictionary for accountability.

You’re right though, Scotty from Marketing has a lot to answer for:

https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/racial-justice/welcome-to-australia-the-truth/welcome-to-australia

Not just a Scumbag but a hypocrite too.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:47 am

So when its Federal giving money to well deserving sports clubs, its the PMs fault and he has to go

When the State government oversees the biggest disaster in 100 years, its all the fault of one minister and the premier is completely blameless

Hopefully those sports clubs who missed out know what's needed next time and their members vote Liberal, can't get anything done if you keep voting for the opposition
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:14 am

eddiesmith wrote:
So when its Federal giving money to well deserving sports clubs, its the PMs fault and he has to go

When the State government oversees the biggest disaster in 100 years, its all the fault of one minister and the premier is completely blameless

Hopefully those sports clubs who missed out know what's needed next time and their members vote Liberal, can't get anything done if you keep voting for the opposition

Yes, I deal with delusional people daily

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:07 am

LOL!!!!
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:53 am

eddiesmith wrote:

Wrong. The minister responsible for the sport rorts, the minister who masterminded the fraud and who had the applications routed through his office, still has his job.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:01 pm

So will Dan Andrews show his wonderful leadership by first off firing Martin Pakula for the failure of the hotel quarantine program that he put his department in charge of, then resigning himself due to the stupidity of putting the jobs department in charge of a health emergency...
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Yep. Right after the NSW premier resigns because of her TWO massive health farrkups: (1) the Ruby Princess fiasco, and (2) her complete failure to check the quarantine safety and status of aircrew which led directly to the current Sydney second wave.

Oh, and of course that would be after Morrison resigns due to his triple major farrkups: (1) failing to close the border to infected travellers from plague hotspots like Italy and Spain and above all the United States until long after the need was obvious to all*; (2) the Ruby Princess debacle (yes, the feds, and Dutton in particular, are constitutionally responsible for that one, and while NSW Health screwed up, they never should have been put in that position in the first place); and (3) the horrendous mismanagement of nursing homes, which led directly to by far the majority of deaths in the Victorian second wave, and also to many other deaths in NSW and other states.

* We know why he failed on this one. (Apart from his general incompetence, I mean.) There were two other reasons: (a) closing the border to the USA didn't appeal to his racist mindset the way closing China off did, and he was desperate to host that big Sydney convention of fellow fruitcake happy clappers, regardless of the risk to all Australia. NOTE WELL: the vast majority of Australian Covid cases - as demonstrated by gernomic testing - stem from the United States. Not China. Not any other place. The USA.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:48 pm

Funny how every other state and territory are able to control the virus and protect the people in aged care yet when Lockdown Dan fvcks it all up, that's Morrisons fault.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:52 pm

Why close the border to the USA when Dan lets people come in from the USA and not even have to quarantine.

But it's funny how everyone complained the feds didn't provide PPE to the aged care sector and now it comes out Victoria didn't even bother providing PPE to their workers inside hotel quarantine.

I suppose that's to be expected when you put the jobs department in charge of a health emergency
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Funny how every other state and territory are able to control the virus and protect the people in aged care yet when Lockdown Dan fvcks it all up, that's Morrisons fault.

1: Aged care is a federal responsibility. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. It's Morrison's job.

2: Pay better attention another time. Every other state and territory DID NOT control the virus in aged care institutions. In particular, NSW had a lot of aged care deaths during the first wave.

It is in fact these NSW aged care deaths that really show up Morrison's disgraceful failure. You could argue that during the first wave everything was done in a hurry and we were still learning the ropes. From that you could say that we should cut Scummo a little slack. Well, OK, fair enough. But there is no excuse whatever for his abject failure to learn ANYTHING from the NSW aged care disaster. His "responsible" minister didn't even know how many of the people he was supposed to be caring for had died on his watch. No joke: the minister fair dinkum didn't even know how many of his people were dead.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:25 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Why close the border to the USA when Dan lets people come in from the USA and not even have to quarantine.

This was long before there even was such a thing as hotel quarantine. Do try to keep up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15   

Jump to: