Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Spin Class last night: really worked hard, pushing it for 45 minutes, more sweat than a Sauna of fat Texan businessmen.

A bit sore today.

Booked a fit combo class for tonight:

Strength, cardio, flexibility on the go for 45 mins šŸ˜± Iā€™m very unco and better at certain things than others.

Thereā€™s no mirror with the spin class but there are with other classes. So I made a complaint last week after my first step class: there was this imposter looking back at me in the mirror: out of shape, sweating, panting all over the place. I was expecting to see this slim, athletic and svelte athlete. Not my self-image šŸ˜‰

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Any weight you lose, someone else can have, I don't want it.

You must also have my old mirror Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:14 am

stui magpie wrote:
Any weight you lose, someone else can have, I don't want it.

You must also have my old mirror Razz

šŸ˜‰ What after gave your weight loss to me? So far itā€™s just water. Diet marginally played a role. Once I can get fair dinkum with the diet then it should fall off.

Still had a go at the circuit & look & feel utterly hopeless but I figure if I do it regularly then Iā€™ll be slightly less uncoordinated and slightly less breathless.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Everything's coming up Milhouse Very Happy

Beautiful weather, doing between 4 and 5km each morning then some kettle bell exercises on the back lawn

Sparky around yesterday, installed the new ceiling fan light in the lounge

Another bloke came round this morning with the bracket i needed to wall mount the old clothes dryer and i hung it up this arvo after quickly painting the wall,

Job interview via Zoom this morning, Samsung Tablet worked a treat and used bugger all mobile data,. Got a good feeling, touch wood

Plumber called round, got to source a washing machine conversion tap for me so i can connect the washing machine,

Finally the local refrigeration guy called around, we had a chat about options and he's set to do the work for me in the next couple of weeks. I showed him where i keep the spare key so I wont need to be here.

Kicking back with a beer in the back yard, taking the old girl out for dinner tonight, no masks required

Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:52 pm

wow, expensive day, hopefully the job pans out for you, enjoy dinner xx
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:35 pm

Not necessarily expensive.

The bracket was $40, considering her had to source it and he delivered it in person, sparky will be a few limes.

Fixing the aircon is going to be a bit over $3k. That's to replace the split system in the loungeroom with a bigger one and put the old one in my bedroom pointing through the door and up the hall. Didn't ask for a written quote, rang a bloke I'd used before, asked to come round for a chat when he had 10. He came round yesterday, we walked through the house, discussed the problems and options, agreed on an option and shook hands on a price.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:46 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Everything's coming up Milhouse Very Happy

Beautiful weather, doing between 4 and 5km each morning then some kettle bell exercises on the back lawn

Job interview via Zoom this morning, Samsung Tablet worked a treat and used bugger all mobile data,. Got a good feeling, touch wood

Very Happy

Sounds like a productive time.
Good luck with the job

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:48 am

On Saturday morning I did spin class at 08:00 followed by group circuit / step class for another 45 mins. I was tired at work yesterday for my 14:00 start time. Sweat was pouring off. My thighs are burning after spin and in step class we did leaning against a wall with knees at 90 degrees with a weight on your lap: wow hadnā€™t done that for more than 30 years ( when I used to similar in Judo / Jui Jutsum training and Iyengar Yoga classes)
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:15 pm

nice to see everyone working out - ok truth is nice to see im not the only covid puddin! Man the last year, with an ankle full of smashed ligaments, 6 weeks in a boot, 2 broken fingers, a frozen shoulder and now a sore hit, im like an old woman! so i did some googling, and im pushing through, im sore as hell, but i already feel fitter, and the horrible horrible belly pouch is almost gone! im doing my old weight routine but with lighter weights, walking walking, using the stairclimber and cross trainer, i even swam in the pool and it wasnt 35 degrees! I just cant $£$%^%%$ stand feeling out of shape, out of breath! so good on you guys, cheers
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:08 am

A casual mate of mine, a Carlscum man, passed away a few months ago. Today his uncle Ted Sheean was posthumously given a VC about 74 teaes too late. Fred tetured from the AEO in Melbourne early last year and spent his time fighting for Uncle Ted and as treasurer of the Latrobe bowling club.. always smiled even if the scum got smashed. He would have been chuffed that justice was done,
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:51 am

I think this was on the news? He was very young and tied himself to a gun as his ship was going down, saving many many lives?

And how are you feeling after your blackouts. What was the cause, do you know? Cheers

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:05 pm

I entered three photos into the Australian Photographer of the year awards, first competition I have entered, (why start small!!) And I got an email today that my photo 'Solitude" of my friend next to Altona Pier during lockdown (its in the photography thread, I took it the first day I took my new camera out!) has made it to the first shortlist in the Landscape category, so thats in the top 75 landscape photos submitted, which means it will receive, at minimum, a commendation!! To say im stoked is an understatement, I cried!!! Go Me! The final judging is in january, but I dont need to win, im $£$%^%%$ ecstatic! cheers!

Last edited by think positive on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:06 pm

think positive wrote:
I entered three photos into the Australian Photographer of the year awards, first competition I have entered, (why start small!!) And I got an email today that my photo 'Solitude" of my friend next to Altona Pier during lockdown (its in the photography thread, I took it the first day I took my new camera out!) has made it to the first shortlist in the Landscape category, so thats in the top 75 landscape photos submitted, which means it will receive, at minimum, a commendation!! To say im stoked is an understatement, I cried!!! Go Me! I dont need to win, im $ļæ½$%^%%$ ecstatic! cheers!

Thatā€™s brilliant TP. Well done you šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:10 pm

thanks Mate, i am so happy! i was gobsmacked, i didnt see it coming!! but yeah, wow just WOW!!!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:32 pm

Wonderful news, Jo. Well deserved!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 27 of 100   

Jump to: