Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#22 Steele Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way he could been playing against WC this week. It was stated very clearly that state quarantine rules would make it impossable. . He would have to quarantine 14 days in Qld and 7 days in WA, total of three weeks, no matter which state he went to first. His only chance would be a second final, depending on when the AFL schedules it. It was a lost cause and both the club and player decided not to waste anyone’s time.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:51 am

I thank the club for supporting the Sidebottom decision to stay in Victoria. As a first-time parent, it is essential for both the baby, the mother and the father to spend time together in close proximity to one another and not be rushed from one state to another.

Our players, their partners and their children are not our chattels and the welfare needs of our players extend to those in their care and responsibility. Whilst Sidebottom will be missed on the field, I think that the club and his teammates will reap a solid dividend in 2021 when he returns to the fold absolutely content in the knowledge that the club supported him through such an important time for he, his partner and his child.

What inspires me about our club is the investment we make in others (the number of 'Magpie Nests' for the homeless around Melbourne, the Christmas lunches at our training base for the needy, the support of current and former players and so forth).

There are 18 AFL clubs, but I support one that really endeavours to support 'the Aussie Battlers'- We were founded in a pub to give working-class citizens of Collingwood and Abbotsford their own team to support. As a working class person, this is why I am proud to call myself a fan of the Magpies.

Floreat Pica

Floreat Pica

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:57 pm

warburton lad wrote:
I thank the club for supporting the Sidebottom decision to stay in Victoria. As a first-time parent, it is essential for both the baby, the mother and the father to spend time together in close proximity to one another and not be rushed from one state to another.

Our players, their partners and their children are not our chattels and the welfare needs of our players extend to those in their care and responsibility. Whilst Sidebottom will be missed on the field, I think that the club and his teammates will reap a solid dividend in 2021 when he returns to the fold absolutely content in the knowledge that the club supported him through such an important time for he, his partner and his child.

What inspires me about our club is the investment we make in others (the number of 'Magpie Nests' for the homeless around Melbourne, the Christmas lunches at our training base for the needy, the support of current and former players and so forth).

There are 18 AFL clubs, but I support one that really endeavours to support 'the Aussie Battlers'- We were founded in a pub to give working-class citizens of Collingwood and Abbotsford their own team to support. As a working class person, this is why I am proud to call myself a fan of the Magpies.

Floreat Pica

Floreat Pica

Wasn’t it their 2nd child? Pretty sure he wasn’t involved
in the actual delivery, just waited in the waiting room.
Josh Bruce’s wife just had a child. Anotherone
who chose to play finals
K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:27 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Josh Bruce’s wife just had a child. Another one
who chose to play finals

Often the father's presence stresses the mother giving birth more than if he were somewhere else.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:43 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
warburton lad wrote:

Floreat Pica

Floreat Pica

Josh Bruce’s wife just had a child. Anotherone
who chose to play finals

Yep, exactly, and i see Ablett is now back and he had a pretty sick kid. Sidey did not have to subject the baby to interstate travel, could have come on his own as other players have who have had babies. He gets 8K a week for Chrissakes far more than any ordinary person on paternity leave. Oh well we lose by under a goal to the Weagles i hope hes proud of himself. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:11 pm

Just remembered the time S. Higgins was concussed playing for WB and was taken to the same hospital where his wife was in labour. Cool
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:29 pm

Was it Sav against us or Anthony that rushed from the hospital to a game?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:49 pm

That was Sav. You have a great memory.🧠👋🏾
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:54 pm

warburton lad wrote:

Floreat Pica

Floreat Pica

Brilliantly and eloquently put Lad! I salute you good man!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:10 am

K wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
Josh Bruce’s wife just had a child. Another one
who chose to play finals

Often the father's presence stresses the mother giving birth more than if he were somewhere else.

yes, first birth i wasnt sure if i was in labour, and hubby said "the guys at work said you will KNOW when your in labour!" and then in the carpark at the hospital while bent over in a contraction, he told me to shush as there were other people there, he then proceeded to fall asleep for most of it! Thank God for the nurse in the shower with me. 2nd birth I just told him to get comfortable on the bed!! my fault for having babies at night I guess!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:11 am

doriswilgus wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Lazza wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
was unrealistic to expect of him for something that may have been for nothing if we lose anyway

I don’t know 🤷‍♂️. I think this attitude of conditional playing (playing only if he thinks we can win) is distasteful and unprofessional. It may be old fashioned but unless you are suspended or injured, you play if selected.

But he probably wouldn't be playing this week anyway! QLD government expects 14 day quarantine in a hotel room, WA govt wants 7 day quarantine for teams coming from QLD! Although West Coast I noticed were at home despite coming from the same state...

So was he ever actually a chance to play this game or was he simply going to need to go to QLD, isolate for 14 days and then have to train and get himself up for a semi final having not played for 2 months, having not left his room for 2 weeks and that's only IF Collingwood have beaten West Coast.

Otherwise he does his 2 weeks, team loses and he turns around and heads back to Melbourne having not played!

Couple of things here- from what I understand the afl shut down their quarantine hub which allowed players to train while in quarantine. The qld government have not changed their rules the entire time this was all in question.

Sidey should have been back in time for west coast game - there’s lots at play here and multiple reasons the logistics didn’t work out - but win lose or draw - he should be back in qld getting ready to join the team after the west coast game. He should be assuming we win. Believing in his team mates and the club.

It’s likley we won’t win. Odds are against us. But that’s a moot point.

He should be rejoining the club. How many months off will he have after a few more weeks??

I think you make some good points there,It’s clear that Sidebottom could have gone back to Qld if he’d really wanted to.But unfortunately he dithered for too long about his intentions and took too long to make up his mind.He would have missed the first final anyway because he took so long to decide what to do.

Other players and clubs have handled the situation much better,having their partners with them up in Qld and having their babies up there.Two Weatern Bulldogs players just had babies up in Qld in the last couple of weeks and won’t miss any finals games.Typically,it is only Collingwood who will be without players during the finals due to the Covid 19 rules.

this, and look guys 2 mothers saying the same thing!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:37 pm

think positive wrote:
K wrote:

yes, first birth i wasnt sure if i was in labour, and hubby said "the guys at work said you will KNOW when your in labour!" and then in the carpark at the hospital while bent over in a contraction, he told me to shush as there were other people there, he then proceeded to fall asleep for most of it! Thank God for the nurse in the shower with me. 2nd birth I just told him to get comfortable on the bed!! my fault for having babies at night I guess!!

I wonder if that says more about some fathers. Laughing

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:24 pm

I personally believe Steelo checked out for the season once he left the hub. most likely straight on to the froffies once home like any country bloke.

Crazy little campaigner!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:32 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
K wrote:

I wonder if that says more about some fathers. Laughing

yes a certain lack of empathy for the pain of mothers!! which is why I go to the dentist on my own, but when he goes I go too! lucky for me im pretty self sufficient!

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:15 am

For a player half of Nicksters think is useless and want to trade, we’re up to 18 pages of how he should be playing this week. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 50 of 76   

Jump to: