Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ben Brown

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
He’ll be 29 next year

After the completion of the season on the 20th of November.

He's still 27 as of today.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:46 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
He’ll be 29 next year

Anyway, if u want age of players, the Cats want to recruit an ageing Higgins from Norf, whats he bout 34 ?, they will have the oldest centreline ever, Sellwood, Ablett, Higgins, Stevens, the Cats dont let age of players faze them, tho one day it could well catch up with them. Brown at 27/28 is younger than some of their guys. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
By "dominating" i meant our guys were so worried bout him, guarding him, the other North forwards cut us too shreds, he was a good decoy. Look, if we can get him fairly cheaply, i dont see much risk, providing of course, we re sign De Goey, and Moore, before any of this happens. Get him cheaply, who knows ? And look at Swans, they want Joe Daniher and hes injury prone, but u can bet they will land him, they are like that up there. Should we have had a go at Joe, who knows, but one thing is certain, our forward line is at present ineffective, and needs a real shot in the arm. Idea

So, now he's a "decoy"?

Why not, if it allows a free De Goey too kick five goals, and elliott, checkers too chime in, with a few . Confused

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:53 pm

I still need some convincing that he's the one.

If we pick him up, we need 3 solid years from him. That gets him to 30.

If we were to get Brown and it wasn't going to cost us a top pick, and Daniher, Cameron and Hogan are out of reach, then yes. And my gut feeling is that Ben Brown will be a Magpie next year.

But I'd also like to add more than just Brown in the offseason.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:18 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
He’ll be 29 next year

Anyway, if u want age of players, the Cats want to recruit an ageing Higgins from Norf, whats he bout 34 ?, they will have the oldest centreline ever, Sellwood, Ablett, Higgins, Stevens, the Cats dont let age of players faze them, tho one day it could well catch up with them. Brown at 27/28 is younger than some of their guys. Surprised

People were saying the Cats were too old and slow to win the flag in 2011. They won it that year and have been regular finalists ever since. If you can keep yourself in the window you just need a bit of luck with injuries and you can a snag a premiership. No need to fall all the way to the bottom few and build back up through the draft. Look at our wretched year with injury compared to the run Geelong, Richmond, Port & Brisbane have had. If our list was as healthy as theirs we would've been pushing for top four too.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:25 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
He’ll be 29 next year

People were saying the Cats were too old and slow to win the flag in 2011. They won it that year and have been regular finalists ever since. If you can keep yourself in the window you just need a bit of luck with injuries and you can a snag a premiership. No need to fall all the way to the bottom few and build back up through the draft. Look at our wretched year with injury compared to the run Geelong, Richmond, Port & Brisbane have had. If our list was as healthy as as theirs we would've been pushing four top four this year as well.

Yeh, injuries, long term have cursed us for years now, years, never ends, like all clubs get them, but when our guys go out its usually for ages, look at poor Langdon, near BOG in 2018 GF, what, he has not played for nigh on two seasons, injured again. Look at Reid, like his bro, made of glass, our players go out for bloody ages, but the damn Tigers get em all back, right on cue for finals, oh but not us. ! Yep, with full team wed be top four as we would have beaten Lions and GWS, maybe Port, it ruins our seasons. Im so over it, but what can we do, is it all really just bad luck, i dont know. Surprised Confused

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:27 pm

Remember when we were linked to Boomer Harvey? I'm surprised we're not linked to Higgins too.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:33 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Remember when we were linked to Boomer Harvey? I'm surprised we're not linked to Higgins too.

Nah, not HIggins, thats a bridge too far, really .

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:20 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Nah, not HIggins, thats a bridge too far, really .

So, if we could actually draft a ball-winning fit player, with a huge tank, that has elite disposal standard, this would be of no benefit to the club?

And I would have taken Harvey in a heartbeat too.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:24 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
^^
Watts should sue Melbourne FC for exploiting him.

Melbourne supporters should sue their club for picking Watts instead of Nic Nat with Pick 1

Pretty sure something went on behind closed doors between WCE and Melbourne, prior to that draft, in relation to Nic Nat and Watts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12   

Jump to: