Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Recreational cyclists

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/on-the-road/cyclist-cops-fine-after-claiming-to-have-been-illegally-overtaken-by-car/news-story/6f0c4405e9322c1a48b546d02480f68c

Dumb ass cyclists.

What a dickwad thinking the driver was in the wrong

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:28 pm

^
Up themself dickhead. The car shouldn't be forced to slow down to the cyclists speed just because the self centrered tool didn't want to move to the left.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:50 pm

good. seriously if that road is too dangerous, he should not ride on it, he was almost in the middle of the lane, i cant get over some stupid cyclists, they look at your car like "I dare you"! some roads are not equipped for cyclists, plain and simple
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:38 am

NSW police are a special case with respect to cyclists because their National Party Transport minister (two transport ministers ago), the right honourable barge-arse wombat has had it in for cyclists for ages. NSW represents redneck entitled attitudes reflected above with respect to sharing the road and taking care when doing so.

The attitudes from the transport minister informed a lot of the culture of police bullying cyclists there.

However, it is pleasing that the there is about 1.3 National Party members left in NSW state parliament ever since the Koalagate f*ckup by sh*t for brains John Barilaro had to take time off for stress after 2 recent own goals.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:44 am

Cyclists reactions in that article just reaffirm what everyone thinks, they are self entitled morons who think they own the road.

I always try to give them space, but if they’re doing what that bloke did riding too far inside the lane I’ll pass them with as little space as possible.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:03 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Cyclists reactions in that article just reaffirm what everyone thinks, they are self entitled morons who think they own the road.

I always try to give them space, but if they’re doing what that bloke did riding too far inside the lane I’ll pass them with as little space as possible.

The only morons are those who are entitled be they drivers or cyclists. Spare me the “most people” bullshit.

I drive and I cycle and as do most cyclists. Plenty of moronic car drivers in the country and the city and I’ve cycled and driven in most states and cities in Australia.

Australian drivers have one of the worst driving habits with respect to cyclists in the world: this is a common refrain from many cyclists from overseas. That’s moronic.

If you don’t know how to drive safely then get your wife to drive instead.

roar 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:02 am

^^ Our driving culture is appalling in every aspect. Probably the worst I have come across but I think our bike riding culture is shite, too.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:01 pm

watt price tully wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

The only morons are those who are entitled be they drivers or cyclists. Spare me the “most people” bullshit.

I drive and I cycle and as do most cyclists. Plenty of moronic car drivers in the country and the city and I’ve cycled and driven in most states and cities in Australia.

Australian drivers have one of the worst driving habits with respect to cyclists in the world: this is a common refrain from many cyclists from overseas. That’s moronic.

If you don’t know how to drive safely then get your wife to drive instead.

I can drive just fine, it’s the cyclists who need to learn how to use the road safely and remember they’ll lose in any accident.

But around here we attract heaps of cyclists, so vicroads put in a bike lane, no footpaths for anyone to walk but we’ve got a bike lane. Do you think any cyclists use it? Oh no, they prefer to ride in the middle of the lane on winding roads and then bitch when people pass too close.

The article posted above with plenty of support of other cyclists for someone who was rightly fined is a fine example of their attitude.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:05 pm

roar wrote:
^^ Our driving culture is appalling in every aspect. Probably the worst I have come across but I think our bike riding culture is shite, too.

I absolutely agree with this, having driven in the US, England, Germany, for some reason we have an attitude problem!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:42 pm

think positive wrote:
roar wrote:

I absolutely agree with this, having driven in the US, England, Germany, for some reason we have an attitude problem!

Exhibit 1, directly above ur post reflects the attitude of a few entitled morons of the driving culture. He should’ve taken the 5th 😉

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:58 pm

mate good and bad, when someone slows down or dings i say thankyou. man some of the fuckheads come up to you from behind so damn fast. i walk right on the left hand side but they get within an inch of me. its just not nice
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:48 am

ouch !

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cycling/cyclist-cops-thousands-of-spikes-in-excruciating-cactus-crash/news-story/c305e156f5bf7e60d25e7ec9eb653504

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:34 pm

Pi wrote:
ouch !

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cycling/cyclist-cops-thousands-of-spikes-in-excruciating-cactus-crash/news-story/c305e156f5bf7e60d25e7ec9eb653504

Ouch indeed. That’s terrible

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:47 am

Road to st Leonard’s was cut off on Saturday, no biggie, we have two approaches, went to visit friends in the local caravan park yesterday, turns out it was cut off for a good friend of theirs who holidays there. He was riding his road bike, and did a u turn in front of a mini bus going 80kph carrying a young family, who got to see him smash into the windscreen and fly through the air. He’s alive, in an induced coma, pretty much broke every bone in his body, they operated to stabilise his smashed pelvis, but they still have to fix 2 broken hands, legs and feet, etc, he has facial grazing, and his helmet definitely saved his life. His poor wife gotthe phone call and had to drive into the Alfred, where he was air lifted. Be careful on those bikes. It’s a no win tangle.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:03 am

^

Ouch. Poor family having to see that unfold. Hopefully the bloke recovers and confines his future riding to the exercise bike in the Gym.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 42 of 43   

Jump to: