Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Moving forward, 2020 and beyond

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony,

the first few days will tell if I can stick to it. I'll have to treat it like quitting smoking, just stick to the plan and no cheating.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:02 pm

well done you
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:05 pm

I lost 20 kgs in 2 years by simply not having 3 meals a day and sticking to fruit as snacks.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:15 pm

I'm not allowed any fruit.

Week 1 down, stuck to the program, lost 3.6kg.

Surprisingly the hardest part hasn't been no alcohol even though I haven't gone 7 days without a drink since I was a teenager, it's been the time constraints.

You have to leave at least 5 hours between meals and no eating after dark.

That means finishing breakfast at latest by 8am, lunch from 1-1:30pm (you're supposed to slow down and take 30 minutes to eat) and dinner from 5:30 to 6pm.

I can't eat breakfast early and I struggle eating dinner so early, so over the weekend I've cut down to 2 meals per day. That's allowed but you can't make those meals bigger you still have to skip to the portion allocation.

This works much better for me and is what I usually do on weekends anyway. I'm not feeling rolled gold awesome but I don't feel like shite either. Full compliment of energy and brain firing on 6/8 cylinders which is normal.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:43 pm

go you! I gotta admit the 2 meal a day thing really works, in Europe we ate shitloads for breaky, not just because it was included, but because the food was fricken amazing, so we didnt get hungry, (actually i tend to sneak something into my pocket for later!!) in paris the hotel was posh, and I, who had only eaten half a croissant in my life, ate 4 for breaky - they had lots of flavours, plus so much cheese, another thing i rarely eat, plus of course bacon and eggs! and then 2 croissants in my pocket for lunch, we didnt even eat dinner we were still full!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:56 pm

Certainly seems to.

Got on the scales this morning, another 0.7kg so that's 4.3kg in 7 days. Very Happy

Even managed to get into a jog on my morning walk. Walked to a nearby junior footy oval and did 2 laps, jog half, walk half, repeat. Knees weren't happy but tolerated it and didn't spit the dummy.

Sticking with the 2 meals per day while working from home, working well so far.

Have Brunch at 11am, that holds me over til dinner.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:03 pm

im trying that, but i get too hungry!!!

a place to bucket list!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUTYSyd3LR0

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Interesting joint, I'll have to watch that vid all the way.

Anyway, Day 14, just over 6kg lost, below 100kg first time in a fair while.

Doing well on 2 meals a day. Did a 4.7km walk this morning in 45 minutes, getting back into the weights, shoulder and neck are all good I guess the rest for the first few weeks of post surgery did them wonder.

Everything's coming up Milhouse. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:28 pm

well done
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:30 pm

21 day weigh in, 9.3kg lost.

Still got some gut to lose but it's also come off other places. I need a belt on my jeans and tops that were tight, now aren't.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:47 pm

Great thread. Those are a few massive wins. Well done.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:29 pm

Last 7 days have been strange, Scales have barely budged. I'm finishing half a day early so I can enjoy a saturday night. Only dropped 0.7kg this week, but the mirror says I've definitely dropped cm's.

Followed the same diet this week, only difference is I've been gradually working up the repetitions on the weight bearing exercises.
4km+ walk, including some jogging, 6/7 mornings.
3 reps (now) of kettlebell exercises. 10 goblet squats, 10 deadlifts, 10 swings and 10 upright rows, do that 3 times with the 16kg kettlebell after the walk and before shower and food.

Weights in the afternoon, increased the weight and number of reps since starting.

Week one I was still in surgery recovery and wasn't allowed to lift more than 5kg. Between the surgery and the crook shoulder I had, I hadn't done weights for mionths so it's been a slow, steady build up over 3 weeks and I can see the results. 2 1/2 weeks ago I could just barely do 1 set of the kettlebell routine, now I can do 3.

I've signed up for a month of the maintenance program, not that I'm strictly going to follow it, I wanted access to the menu planners and to understand what is recommended to eat, how much, how often etc.

Now to try to find a happy medium that lets me drop a little more fat but is something I can sustain.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:19 pm

So 2 months down, I've found the happy medium, sort of.

Limiting bread, pasta and spuds, doing 2 meals per day but drinking like a sailor on shore leave I've kept the weight at 92/93kg.

I can actually jog again without feeling crippled. Mixing walking and jogging managed to knock over 5.1km in 46 minutes 2 days ago. Been off the heavy weights due to tennis elbow but still using the 16kg kettlebell alternate days.

Working well.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:39 am

So fitness has picked up, weight has remained good. down to 91.5/92kg while having a drink or 3 each night and eating the occasional carbs.

Walk with a jog 5 days a week at least, doing a rountine straight after with the 16kg kettlebelle. 10 swings, 10 deadlift squats 4 reps. Slowly increasing that.

Back on the weights in the shed, elbow not bad but need to watch it. Ice spray helps as does the compression bandage.

Alcohol free day yesterday, only 2 meals, brunch and dinner. No carbs except 1 small baked potato with the roast lamb dinner. Up this morning did 5.4km in 47 minutes, that included 3 pieces of jogging.

According to the GPS phone ap hit a maximum speed of 19.2kmh Shocked

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:15 am

A quick brag. Did my walk this morning, 4.7km in 42 minutes and half a set of weights. Got on the scales after the shower, weight was 90.3. That's exactly 15kg down from when I started on the diet plan.

Seems to be a sustainable thing I've got going, the real challenge will be if I can hold it over winter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: