Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Malevolent Morrison Muppet Goverment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember those who opposed a decent NBN back when it was standard Glib policy to make the economy, employment and politics ridiculously dependent on the corrupt mining and fossil fuels industry?

Some people must take pride in being wrong about everything, even as they cost the rest of us billions in lost economic advancement:

The Guardian wrote:
Australia’s national broadband network will roll out fibre “deeper and closer to homes and businesses” under a $3.5bn upgrade package to be announced on Wednesday.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/sep/23/coalition-to-announce-35bn-nbn-upgrade-to-roll-out-fibre-deeper-and-closer-to-homes

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:02 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Remember those who opposed a decent NBN back when it was standard Glib policy to make the economy, employment and politics ridiculously dependent on the corrupt mining and fossil fuels industry?

Some people must take pride in being wrong about everything, even as they cost the rest of us billions in lost economic advancement:

The Guardian wrote:
Australia’s national broadband network will roll out fibre “deeper and closer to homes and businesses” under a $3.5bn upgrade package to be announced on Wednesday.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/sep/23/coalition-to-announce-35bn-nbn-upgrade-to-roll-out-fibre-deeper-and-closer-to-homes

Yes Tony Mad Misogynist Monk Abbott and The Prince of Point Piper Malcolm Turnbull have a lot to answer for.

At the same time I’m glad they’re upgrading and recognise their previous vast waste of money in outdated technology (copper wires) was always the wrong way to go.

Let’s hope Morrison’s Muppets do even more here.

roar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:03 pm

With ultra-partisan politics being the norm, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the libs don't get more flack for this but it still annoys me that they are held to account. Totally unforgivable and eclipses any phuck-ups by the alp.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
hold your mouse over it, it's a star sign.

The people who don't have it don't have their birthday loaded.

How have I never noticed this before!?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:17 pm

^

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:59 am

Oh dear. A Federal Court Judge finds a Morrison Goverment Minister behaved criminally not limited to proceedings for a contempt of court:

"...Justice Flick said Mr Tudge had "intentionally and without lawful authority been responsible for depriving a person of his liberty", and his "conduct exposes him to both civil and potentially criminal sanctions, not limited to a proceeding for contempt...".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-23/judge-accuses-immigration-minister-of-criminal-conduct/12694204

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:03 pm

They really are a bunch of throwbacks, the LNP. They are now endorsing a Dr who supports Gay Conversion Therapy FFS

"A Toowoomba doctor who advocates gay conversion therapy has been endorsed for Liberal National party preselection by a host of conservative figures, including sitting senators Matt Canavan and Eric Abetz, the former deputy prime minister John Anderson and the News Corp columnist Miranda Devine.

David van Gend believes homosexuality is “a potentially treatable psychological condition”, opposes legal abortion and disputes scientific evidence of global heating..."

Go to hell f*ckfeatures.

If only that Chechyan 18 year old could have...oh never mind...

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:07 pm

watt price tully wrote:
They are now endorsing a Dr who

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:06 am

I need to sell my Mum’s property to pay for the bond at the Nursing home. I should apply to the Morrison Government: Given they paid $30 million for land worth $3 Million in Western Sydney to donors to the Liberal Party then I’ll be happy for the starting price let alone paying 10 times more.

Where do I donate to the Libs?

What is it about property developers and the Liberal / Nationals?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:32 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I need to sell my Mum’s property to pay for the bond at the Nursing home. I should apply to the Morrison Government: Given they paid $30 million for land worth $3 Million in Western Sydney to donors to the Liberal Party then I’ll be happy for the starting price let alone paying 10 times more.

You should contact Danny and offer to provide Security. They apparently paid $30 Mil to the security mob to botch the hotel quarantine without any due process and seemingly no one knowing who even decided to use security

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:15 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

You should contact Danny and offer to provide Security. They apparently paid $30 Mil to the security mob to botch the hotel quarantine without any due process and seemingly no one knowing who even decided to use security

Which part of property developers did you miss? Razz 😜

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:53 pm

Wonderful news: the biggest investment in public housing (ever) by the Victorian Government. Now the Federal Government needs to match it and then exceed it.

If you want to stop crime, reduce social disadvantage then invest in public infrastructure. Give people a roof over their heads. Marvellous. Rather than tax cuts to the well off which we can’t afford Scotty from Marketing needs to take a leaf out the the Premier Daniel Andrews book.

25% of the spend is to occur in Rural & Regional Victoria. Brilliant, unprecedented and will be a stimulus for private businesses. Just don’t get the Feds to buy the land as they recently paid liberal party donors $30 million for land valued at $3 million.

This is a game changer:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/nov/15/its-a-game-changer-victoria-commits-53bn-to-12000-social-housing-homes

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:43 pm

Massive investment and doesn't even fix 10% of the problem. Not sure what it's got to do with the Federal Government given its primarily a state responsibility, or were you one of those last summer complaining the federal government doesn't fund the states rural fire services?

It'd be nice if Andrews offered decent funding to the CFA, might have a chance to actually get some good trucks on the fire ground and we'll need plenty now he's removed the first responders for summer in a number of rural areas.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:03 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Massive investment and doesn't even fix 10% of the problem. Not sure what it's got to do with the Federal Government given its primarily a state responsibility, or were you one of those last summer complaining the federal government doesn't fund the states rural fire services?

It'd be nice if Andrews offered decent funding to the CFA, might have a chance to actually get some good trucks on the fire ground and we'll need plenty now he's removed the first responders for summer in a number of rural areas.

What’s it got to do with the Federal Government? Not too sure how long it takes for news to get to regional Victoria?

1. We have just gone through a pandemic in Australia
2. It has affected the economy
3. Just about every economist everywhere has said we need to spend on Infrastructure.
4. Public spending on infrastructure revitalises the economy: it’s good debt.
5. The Feds want to give away tax relief to the wealthiest Australians in an ideological way which may trickle down to a few and even to a few in the country. That’s bad debt ( see Reaganomics (massive fail) see Trump (will be shown to be a massive fail)
6. Post WW1 and WW2 public spend assists private business in a productive way.
7. Hence.....

Now this has still the biggest public spend on housing that is going to give our dear neighbours in the country a boost with not just housing but also jobs etc

Of course you’d complain if you won tattslotto but whatever

As for the CFA and trucks: you know how bad country drivers are don’t you. Why out good money after bad 😜😉

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:43 am

Meanwhile, in one of the most spectacular exhibitions of incompetence I have ever seen, we have a two-part comedy from Jane Hume, the minister irresponsible for superannuation. First, she and her cronies in the government brought in new rules for super funds, ostensibly designed to weed out the serial under-performers.

These compare the overall return of each fund to a benchmark, essentially the stock index, and (a) name and shame the lowest return funds, and (b) effectively bankrupt them by banning new members joining. It sounds good, yes? But not the way they have done it.

The ACTUAL effect of their brain-dead rule is to heavily penalise under-performance in any particular short-term period - and as any successful investor ever knows, you never, ever base your long-term investment decisions on short-term market trends. You can't, repeat can't, outperform the market and bring better 30-year returns to your members unless you are happy to tolerate short-term dips along the way.

Experts are unanimous in pointing out that following the mandated passive benchmarks will take super returns straight down the road to mediocrity, make trustees risk-averse, and make investment in long-term profitable ventures like infrastructure impossible.

So the result of these incredibly stupid new rules is that no super fund anywhere can afford to or will do anything other than what they are required by law to do in order to survive: hug the index closer than a drowning man hugs a lifebuoy. Yes, this means worse returns for fund members, in the case of the best funds, much worse, but the funds do not have any choice. It's the law.

But wait ... there is more....

Having perpetrated this horrendous and sustained blunder of a policy, Jane Hume came out yesterday telling super funds "don't hug the index".

Unbloodybelievable

See https://www.afr.com/chanticleer/super-trustees-told-don-t-hug-the-index-20201118-p56fsc (subscription required)

Disclaimer: I don't have a dog in this fight. I run my own super fund for best return, and Jane Hume can go and stick her stupidity where the sun don't shine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 14 of 24   

Jump to: