Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

decent new TV series

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen of the South. i cant decide if i like it or not! its certainly addictive! no pun intended! 10 episodes in. hmm.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:24 pm

Some great one's Mrs WPT & I have seen recently include:

Asylum City (Israel) (SBS on demand)
Fauda (Israel) (Netflix)
Unorthodox (US) (Netflix)
Capture (England) (ABC iView)

Previously seen great ones include:

Stranger (South Korea) brilliant (Netflix)
Burning Ice (China) also brilliant (Netflix)

Last edited by watt price tully on Wed May 06, 2020 4:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:12 pm

Netflix have cancelled their 30-day free trials. Funny coincidence, huh? Wink
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:54 pm

If you have Netflix and like sport, The Last Dance started yesterday. Documentary about the Chicago Bulls 6th flag in 8 years, having missed out the 2 years Michael Jordan went to play Baseball.

I don't really watch much basketball, but this is really good. Multi part doco, 2 episodes dropping each Monday til done. I watched the first 1 last night. Very good.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:52 pm

hmmm ill have to have a look at the king when ive finished with the queen! ta!!

i have Jordans boxed set!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:38 pm

Test on Amazon prime: great doco

Binge watched a light "rom com" from Israel (10 x 30 minute episodes) on Amazon Prime "The Baker and the Beauty": needed a good laugh and this was it. Very good indeed.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:54 pm

Just finished another great Israeli TV series on Netflix shot in both Israel and Colombia called “When Heroes Fly”. 10 part series, very good and well worth the watch. Won an award at Cannes.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:47 am

Saw another Israeli TV 15 x 25 minute episodes of a silly but funny cop show called "Hashoter Hatov" translated as Good Cop on Netflix. Very funny. There was an American remake but didn't do well (the same with the Baker & the Beauty - the Israeli ones have nailed it)
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:20 am

stui magpie wrote:
If you have Netflix and like sport, The Last Dance started yesterday. Documentary about the Chicago Bulls 6th flag in 8 years, having missed out the 2 years Michael Jordan went to play Baseball.

I don't really watch much basketball, but this is really good. Multi part doco, 2 episodes dropping each Monday til done. I watched the first 1 last night. Very good.

This was a magnificent series, I used to watch his games when I could, just an amazing athlete

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:09 am

^

It really was, dead set great series.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:06 pm

Watching 'This Country' on Stan. Funny show.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:50 am

Watching “False Flag” another riveting Israeli series on SBS on demand. Wow, I was hooked almost straight away. Tightly written and so much happens in such a short space of time. Each episode is about 40 odd minutes long: fine for my concentration these days.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:50 pm

May have been mentioned but I finally had a look at Cobra Kai on Netflix. 2 episodes down, I'm liking it.

Anyone who's a fan of the original Karate Kid movies, we have the 2 guys from the final fight in the original movie. Ralph Macchio and William Zabka in the starring roles.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:05 pm

Watching Ratched on Netflix. It's a prequel TV series about Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. As far as Netfix shows go it's pretty good. I'm watching it with my teenage sons. Once we've finished it I'll watch the movie with them.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:20 am

Watched the first episode of SAS Australia last night.

Interesting watching, and seemingly done well. It's based on the infamous SAS Selection test, where ordinary soldiers who want to be in the SAS go through a multi day torture exercise which is designed to test people mentally as much as physically.

All "celebrities", including Shapelle Corby, and a mix of men and women. They compete equally, share a single dorm room with fold out cots for beds. Toilets are 4 unisex dunnies outside with a half sized modesty door. No segregation here.

One of the exercises which has already caused some comment and will likely generate more was a fighting piece. The instructors pick two people, they put in a mouthguard, boxing gloves and a head guard and are told to fight until told to stop. Mitchell Johnson, the ex cricketer absolutely smacked the shite out of Merrick Watts the comedian. The instructors narrating over the top reckon you can tell a lot about someone by how they fight and also by their choices. So after a couple, they picked out one of the women, Sabrina Frederick, and invited her to choose her opponent. The narrative was about the choice, if she chose a smaller weaker opponent what does that say about her. Frederick is an AFLW player for Richmond. 182cm and 97kg so not small, she's also black and in a same sex relationship so she's (self described) always having to fight for stuff. She chose Nick Cummins, The Honey Badger, 188cm and 96kg.

He didn't argue and she didn't back down. Right off the bat he popped her right on the bugle with a hard straight punch and followed up with some more, she was on the defensive but kept fighting and got some good punches in.

I'm sure it will create some clickbait about violence against women from people who didn't actually watch it. I found it interesting and will watch it again.All the players are being monitored and assessed, psychologically more than physically. A term used a few times was "resiliance".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 83 of 95   

Jump to: