Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#46 Mason Cox

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Joe Biden will become the next president of the USA.
Joe was really impressed by Mason when he was out here last.
Maybe he will give Mason a little Diplomatic job .
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:06 pm
Post subject: Coxzilla and Pat McAfeeReply with quote

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/583338/media-street-mason-cox-with-pat-mcafee?videoId=583338&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1586163655001
Big Dan 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:42 am
Post subject: Never underestimate the importance of CoxzillaReply with quote

Coxzilla can be a bit of a whipping boy at times, but make no mistake, his absence cost us the win on Thursday night.

Look back over the last 2 years at how important he is as the relieving target coming out of defence. Even if he drops the pill, more often the not his lead has caused the biggest/best defenders to go with him, opening the forward line up for Checkers, Billy, WHE etc.

All hail the Coxzilla.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:30 pm

Yep, agree Big Dan.
When we resorted to long kicks to the wing coming out of defence in the second half, I can only recall one clean mark being taken. Coxy usually takes a couple of those per game and opens up the forward line in the process, just as you describe above.
I reckon his most important asset, wherever he is on the ground, is that he creates anxiety for opposing defenders and that creates opportunities for our players around him.
Plus, his height doesn't change, when everyone else is getting fatigued.
I really hope he gets back in the team asap.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:11 pm

Coxzilla is important. Sadly (except against the Tiggers) too often we get Coxerella instead.

Embarassed Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:17 am
Post subject: IN Defence of Mason Cox.Reply with quote

OK, i will no doubt get flamed for his, but i just want to defend the big fella a bit on here. Look, last year, this big bloke copped a shocking eye injury, that could have caused him blindness, he could have lost one eye easily. He has taken ages to recover, and has only played two games since coming back from a long lay off. HIs first game was serviceable, his second not good, but the conditions were shocking, very wet, did not suit his tall frame at all, he should not have been picked at all, i blame the selection panel, big mistake.

And, before we roast Cox, as some fans on here do, after two games back, lets not forget, our whole forward line is in the doldrums now, they are all pretty woeful. Miocheck is poor, de Goey has totally lost his zip and mojo, Billy elliot cat get the pill, and Stephenson is just barely jogging along, our whole bloody forward line has been shithouse lately,quarters with no goals, its been putrid, not just our big American, to be fair. I have faith in Cox, on song, hes a very accurate kick for goal, can grab a big mark, if he can settle down, regain confidence, and if the rest of our forwards can finally start to lift, things just may fall into place for us. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:13 am
Post subject: Re: IN Defence of Mason Cox.Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
OK, i will no doubt get flamed for his, but i just want to defend the big fella a bit on here. Look, last year, this big bloke copped a shocking eye injury, that could have caused him blindness, he could have lost one eye easily. He has taken ages to recover, and has only played two games since coming back from a long lay off. HIs first game was serviceable, his second not good, but the conditions were shocking, very wet, did not suit his tall frame at all, he should not have been picked at all, i blame the selection panel, big mistake.

And, before we roast Cox, as some fans on here do, after two games back, lets not forget, our whole forward line is in the doldrums now, they are all pretty woeful. Miocheck is poor, de Goey has totally lost his zip and mojo, Billy elliot cat get the pill, and Stephenson is just barely jogging along, our whole bloody forward line has been shithouse lately,quarters with no goals, its been putrid, not just our big American, to be fair. I have faith in Cox, on song, hes a very accurate kick for goal, can grab a big mark, if he can settle down, regain confidence, and if the rest of our forwards can finally start to lift, things just may fall into place for us. Smile

No flames from me

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:24 am

Forward line seems potent when we move the ball quickly. It's when we stop running through the midfield that the forward line looks really really shit.

Cox can we excused, but his problems are the same as the ones he had pre-injury. Even in the last quarter, we trailed by 3 points, ball kicked forward to Cox and he ran under the ball and was outmarked. Didn't even make it a contest.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:00 am

Piesnchess wrote:

I Agree
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:02 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Forward line seems potent when we move the ball quickly. It's when we stop running through the midfield that the forward line looks really really shit.

Like when it's handballed round in circles on the wing? That was one of the worst passages of play I've seen from us in eons! The forwards would be thinking WTF???
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:09 pm

Agree with your insightful comment Piesnchess.
With good conditions and improved confidence, (which is something the whole team needs actually), Coxy is a definite asset to the team. His centre bounce tap ruck work is also on a par with Brodie 's IMHO.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:56 pm

Cox just should be a late change when rain is expected. Just do it. Play Billy out of the square. That first contest, when Hooker was allowed to hold his arm, and did all night, was the end of Cox against the Bombers.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Agree 100%

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:26 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

Exactly.

blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:59 pm

The problem for Mason is that over the past year or so the opposition have figured him out. If you don't let him have a free run and jump at the ball, he finds it difficult to exploit his biggest advantage, which is opponents who panic at his height and give away frees. But when opposition defenders get body contact on him, either on his way to the ball, or in a stationary position - especially if they can keep his arms down by fair means or foul - he becomes much less effective, because he's not a true power forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 130 of 178   

Jump to: