Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Refunds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

makri wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
^ How is that quote any different to what Eddie said?

Eddie didn’t want to commit to refunds, it was a yes/no question yet he tried (rather poorly) to dance around the question rather than answer it...

Gillon McLachlan wrote:
If they need it, they can, but yes clearly we'd love them to stay because our industry is in a battle and our clubs are in a battle to get through and the membership is their lifeblood

The only 'yes' there is "yes we'd love them to stay [members of the clubs]"

Eddie McGuire wrote:
if you’ve got financial hardship speak to your club, we’re there to help you. We always do. We do this year in, year out with people who’ve got financial hardship... [but] A club that has no members is a memory so we need our members to stick with us as much as we can

That sounds the same to me

Tony Jones is NOT currently a Collingwood member by the way

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:52 am

Ed says to talk to us, but will they make it easy and give the refund willingly or will they lay a guilt trip?
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:32 pm

All about the mighty $ these days im afraid
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:38 pm

90 nice wrote:
All about the mighty $ these days im afraid

It takes $$ and members to run a club.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:07 pm
Post subject: Re: Growing TiredReply with quote

I agree the move from Victoria Park to the Holden Centre has been a disgrace for fans.

The glasshouse is for corporate events and run by some Melbourne socialite.

The club only opens the bar inside the centre on match days for a few hours, and that cafe outside next to the training ground is the same, and offers very little anyway.

We have nothing that you can go to, outside the footy season, or even visit outside of match days or after work.

I happy for the club to take my membership for this year, if it means they can stay afloat for 2021 and beyond.

However, Eddie the board are full of it, if they think they are offering us members and fans a great experience at the Holden centre.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
Ed says to talk to us, but will they make it easy and give the refund willingly or will they lay a guilt trip?

Only one way to find out - give them a call

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:46 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
I agree the move from Victoria Park to the Holden Centre has been a disgrace for fans.

The club only opens the bar inside the centre on match days for a few hours, and that cafe outside next to the training ground is the same, and offers very little anyway.

We have nothing that you can go to, outside the footy season, or even visit outside of match days or after work.

I happy for the club to take my membership for this year, if it means they can stay afloat for 2021 and beyond.

However, Eddie the board are full of it, if they think they are offering us members and fans a great experience at the Holden centre.

Those points that you have mention I agree with you there.

Maybe you should mention these at the next members forum?

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Big Dan 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:08 pm

No refund for me - funnily enough actually coming out ahead cash wise spending the weekends at home! Watching no footy is much better than what had to be sat through the 2013 - 2017 seasons!
Wonka 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

How do you know that?
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:32 pm

I want Collingwood to survive. I want the AFL to survive. I want footy to survive.

It's an extremely tough situation. And without an answer on if there will be some kind of season or not makes it tougher.

But right now we need to make Australia safe.

My membership is over $900. Right now, I wont be asking for a refund. I'm confident the club will make it up to us somehow in the future.

I also dont hold anything against those who want/need the money back right now. It's worth noting there are many different levels of memberships. And every situation is different.

Collingwood have been lucky to have had consistent members over the years. Clubs like Carlton have dropped off rapidly, whilst Richmond has boosted ridiculously since winning a GF. And from what I can tell, most members want to keep their membership rather than get a refund.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:06 pm

Wonka wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

How do you know that?

Because he said so:

“Eddie and I spoke on the phone about ten minutes after the news was over ... there was no ranting or raving and the call ended the way most of our other calls do, with a laugh,” Jones wrote on wwos.nine.com.au on Thursday.

Eddie asked me during that call if I was a member of the Collingwood Football Club. I'm not.

“I repeated what I'd said in the interview; 'You can still love your club without putting your hand in your pocket.'”

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:07 pm

SteveH67 wrote:

I agree completely with this. I pay fro two MCG Legends memberships and my wife and I are 20 plus years members. We are self funded retirees so our investments and income have both been severely affected as a direct result of the virus. We are virtually living off savings with little income coming in and our portfolio has dropped significantly so now is not the time to sell shares. All the same we will survive and we intend for the club to retain our membership. That certainly does not apply to all and those who are caught short need to put the needs of their family before that of the footy club.

I understand Eddies plight but seeing that the club cannot provide the services people have paid for, if a refund is requested for whatever reason, it should be done. The thing that stands out to me is the change of dialogue. The needs of game going members have been to some extent brushed aside in the last decade or longer and they have done their utmost to please the broadcasters at the expense of this group. Now their backs are against the wall and membership money is the only income they have the members have been put under a blow torch and there has been significant pressure applied by way of guilt politics to convince members to donate their memberships. Clubs gave these same members little consideration when they were on selling grand final tickets to corporate customers and once a year opportunistic re sellers who exploited the situation.

Hopefully some long term change can come from this and hopefully the needs of the game going pubic will be considered more in the future.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:29 pm

On the basis that games do get played later in the year, will those asking for a refund now forego entry to any games that do get played?
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:36 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I understand Eddies plight...

Think you mean the club's plight

Member 7167 wrote:
The needs of game going members have been to some extent brushed aside in the last decade or longer and they have done their utmost to please the broadcasters at the expense of this group

That charge has been very much led by the AFL

Member 7167 wrote:
Hopefully some long term change can come from this and hopefully the needs of the game going pubic will be considered more in the future.

That would be a good positive outcome if it does happen

Bill89 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:53 pm

interesting how our membership benefits have been reduced year on year yet now the club really needs us!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16   

Jump to: