Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 704, 705, 706 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be under what makes you happy:

They caught the thieves who stole my daughter and her boyfriend’s belongings. Not sure what that means for the possessions yet

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Great news!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:28 pm

Good to hear, WPT. Hope they get everything back!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:57 pm

awesome, hopefully they get the whack they deserve.
and your guys get their stuff back!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:53 pm

I hope they throw the book at them, as much as they can. That doesn't sound like some meth head after $50 for a fix, sounds like an organised and planned burg.

Stick em in remand for 6 months for a start.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:16 pm

The oldest tells me the Police:

* had been watching them for some time (not sure what that means)
* they drove through a red light with a trailer load of their stuff
* they've recovered some ( a small bit of it) so far

Well done Police

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:06 pm

This could equally go in the happy thread.

Got a bloke in to do a service and CO check on the old Vulcan wall furnace in the back room. Got him on Hipages. Rang me when on the way as he said he would and arrived right on time.

He did the CO check first, heater passed but he suggested I get it checked again in 12 months as there were a couple of spikes. So he pulled the front cover off to give it a clean and service and the fan shit itself.

I have a vague recollection I replaced the fan maybe 10 years ago, guess the bloke I had put it in didn't do that swish a job although it lasted 10 years.

Long story short, while he was trying to get the fan working, I started researching a replacement heater that would fit into the same spot. basically unplug one and plug in a new one. He couldn't fix the fan and the one I found online is the same as what he recommends so I'm getting a new heater put in.

That's gonna cost $2k installed, so why would I consider putting this in the happy thread? Cos I've had 15 years out of a heater than I got for free second hand, if it was going to shit itself I'm happy it did it when a tradie was doing it rather than do it in the middle of winter.

Got a good run, now I'll get a new heater and won't have to worry about it for a while.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Plainly, the appliance wasn't properly installed previously.

The law requires that all appliances self-destruct at an appallingly inconvenient moment (generally, when you are leaving the house to attend an important job interview, for which you are already late, or as the Uber arrives to take you to the airport on vacation - remember those?).
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Good result Stui, depending on the usage over the years these heaters will have a use by date. New fan or reco one with servicing, you wont get much left out of 6 hunge for a 20+ year old heater.

# Stui offered me the job, but I made all sorts of feeble excuses not to traverse the state. Cheers.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:13 pm

stui magpie wrote:
This could equally go in the happy thread.

Got a bloke in to do a service and CO check on the old Vulcan wall furnace in the back room. Got him on Hipages. Rang me when on the way as he said he would and arrived right on time.

He did the CO check first, heater passed but he suggested I get it checked again in 12 months as there were a couple of spikes. So he pulled the front cover off to give it a clean and service and the fan shit itself.

I have a vague recollection I replaced the fan maybe 10 years ago, guess the bloke I had put it in didn't do that swish a job although it lasted 10 years.

Long story short, while he was trying to get the fan working, I started researching a replacement heater that would fit into the same spot. basically unplug one and plug in a new one. He couldn't fix the fan and the one I found online is the same as what he recommends so I'm getting a new heater put in.

That's gonna cost $2k installed, so why would I consider putting this in the happy thread? Cos I've had 15 years out of a heater than I got for free second hand, if it was going to shit itself I'm happy it did it when a tradie was doing it rather than do it in the middle of winter.

Got a good run, now I'll get a new heater and won't have to worry about it for a while.

We have a Vulcan wall furnace and still works really well. Sone years ago had to get a part (major part) for it that cost a bit. We installed when we renovated the house in 2001.

Now the electronic start mechanism is playing funny buggers and it takes a good 5 minutes to get it going. Fits well into the house now with a not too unfashionable metal like mesh look on the exterior. As a heater it’s a ripper and the flue warms parts of the upstairs where the cat will lay in winter!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:36 pm

^
WPT, if you haven't, get it checked. They just keep going, they're a great unit that defy the law as P4S sees it, but mine finally fell apart.

The Braemar WF 30 basically fits into the same slot with a little work which is what I'm getting.

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
Good result Stui, depending on the usage over the years these heaters will have a use by date. New fan or reco one with servicing, you wont get much left out of 6 hunge for a 20+ year old heater.

# Stui offered me the job, but I made all sorts of feeble excuses not to traverse the state. Cheers.

I did, I wasn't going to bring it up, the guy doing the job comes from Moorolbark and is loving the lack of cars on the road.

The unit itself was more likely 30+ years old so it had done it's job. Old Vulcan Quasar wall furnace

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:22 pm

Moorolbark? Wasn't a guy named Allan by any chance?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:32 pm

Adrian, ACW plumbing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:45 am

I don’t get pissed off very often these days. I’ve made some choices that help with that! My dad. I won’t repost the story you all know it hasn’t been great. Now he’s in hospital for at least a week. I spoke to him yesterday and he can’t remember what’s wrong with him. He accidentally hung up on me twice. Then I gave up! At 1.47am hubby nudges me and says, Jo your phones rung three times. My heart dropped. But it was his mobile so I called back. I’m guessing his phone was recharged. He says, hi sorry about that, so how are you. I say the obvious, what’s wrong? He starts talking about god knows what and then he says hang on a minute, and he’s talking to a nurse in the background. He goes sorry Jo I gotta go, it’s nearly 2 in the morning apparently I’m not allowed to talk. And hangs up, took a while for the terror and heart rate to settle. Yesterday my older sister replied to me texting them I’d spoken to him but he’s dazed, “yeah I’ll probably try and call him tomorrow “. Neither have spoken to him. I said we need to get him in a nursing home he can’t go back to the squalor, he will end up back where he is. Hmmm, ok I’ll try and speak to his case manager.

It’s gunna be all me again. I can see it now. And I don’t $$%^%%$ want it. But how?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:19 pm

Yeah it's gonna be you.

I'm actually coping quite well with all the restrictions, I'm getting in a lot more exercise, the bit that shits me is older muscles clearly take a lot longer to build up and lose condition in the blink of an eye.

Also, and I'll leave this here because I feel like smacking myself in the head, I did some work waterproofing the shed today.

When it was built, it's sunken at the front so when it pisses rain the carport fills up and it floods into the shed. I did silicon sealant, no luck. The door was the biggest biatch, so I bought a piece of 5mm square steel rod to stick in the doorway and was thinking how best to fix it in when I spotted the roll of waterproofing flashing tape on the wall in the shed.

Next 3 minutes in my head went like "you fkn stupid cnut, how the fck could you miss that, for 3 fkn years it's been hanging there etc etc etc"

The tape is like thick alfoil with a tar liner, it will stick to anything, you can mold it and once it's set nothing gets through.

So took a few hours but hopefully I've now stopped the water getting into the shed.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 704, 705, 706 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 705 of 719   

Jump to: