Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Cats. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
Watched some of the replay, I noticed Phillips was everywhere in the first quarter/half. Noble made some mistakes early but steadied and reminded me of a poor man's Treloar. Adams was hitting everything, Moore started slowly. If Geelong had kicked straight they would have been right in it and it would have been a game where we continually attacked all night.

But they didn't, so we were happy to play conservative footy in the last 45 mins to just keep them out of reach. Our leaders, plus Moore, understood this and so reduced attacking measures to eat into the clock whilst holding possession.

Checkers kicks his goal and its game over, misses.
Rohan, Miers and Tomahawk kick theirs earlier and it's a tight game, missed.

Agree with this totally. The lack of goal scoring in the second half did not automatically reflect a deficiency in us. It just meant we were prepared to impose our team defence to suffocate them, even if it meant we didn't hit the scoreboard ourselves. This was sensible as it conserved energy given that we were down 2 men (Levi and JDG) for over 2 and a half quarters. The fact that they refused for the last three quarters to challenge the situation by playing more aggressively, and instead allowed us to lock down the game as we did, is their problem, not ours.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:16 am

We have one opposition team in a fortnight and with these two maniacal mids who when they get ya they hurt ya
Cats didn’t like it one bit —when some of them got up you could see they were hurting

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Reminded me of the days when opposition wingers were shit scared of Darren Millane, especially a player called Murphy from the Sydney Swans. He crapped himself when playing on Millane Twisted Evil Exclamation
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:12 am

And just a dozen or so days later it’s all over again. It really was a shit waste, & once again injuries ended our season prematurely. This time we were missing 2 of our best goal kickers from 2018, & of course we didn’t kick enough snags, our basic problem far too often, & even without injuries. But for half a dozen games after Stevo was suspended, we were a bloody disgrace, losing 4 of 5 at one point, just unable to kick a score, & giving both Richmond & GWS stupidly easy wins. Giving both huge confidence in any finals matchup, & it was soon clear those were the 2 sides left to beat.

With the club deciding there’s no great problem with injuries… again, exactly as they did last year, it seems we get to do this all again in 2020. Now THAT will be depressing. Why this sort of thing is something WE are more prone to than other sides is a partial mystery, though hubris is certainly a factor.
AGAIN.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16   

Jump to: