Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should Eddie vountarily step down now ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:40 pm
Post subject: Should Eddie vountarily step down now ?Reply with quote

Look I don't want to run this as an anti Eddie thread, not my intention, but I just think, If I were in HIS position, id be thinking long an hard now, of stepping down voluntarily from the Presidency of our Club. I don't want him challenged, a messy Leadership challenge, Id like him to do it on his own volition, his own decision.

Look, I know hes been great for our Club, but really, after 20 long yrs, for only one flag, 4 runners up, I think he should hand the baton over now, and just be a Board member. I just think we need a new broom, at the top now, the last 2 seasons have ended with massive disappointment, he needs to think on this now. I want Bucks to stay on as Coach, hes a very good coach now, this year got us to equal third, despite mass injuries, yet again, and the Stevo gambling fiasco. But I think its time Eddie handed it over now, someone like Craig Kelly, a successful businessman, or even Sally Capp, Melb Lord Mayor. Look at the Tigers , they have a female President and have not looked back, she and Gale turned the place upside down, now look at Richmond. Its up to Eddie, its his call, I don't want him forced out, this has to be his decision and his alone. I just think, its time, and the argument, if it aint broke, don't fix it, wont wash, the last two yrs show it is broke, and does need some new, forward thinking >

Thoughts ? Question

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said here here
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:46 pm

I'd rather we got a bull midfielder and a full forward.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Please email this to the club
Achilles 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:25 pm

One could argue he's the reason we've been successful since he took over. Five grand finals, god knows how many top 8s. I'd only want him to step down if someone of his caliber could fill the void. Having said that, he does annoy me a bit when he doesn't engage brain before mouth.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:22 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Agree

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Achilles wrote:
One could argue he's the reason we've been successful since he took over. Five grand finals, god knows how many top 8s. I'd only want him to step down if someone of his caliber could fill the void. Having said that, he does annoy me a bit when he doesn't engage brain before mouth.

1 GF win out of 5 over 20 years is not successful (I'm glad we got 1).

Define success as it ain't Premierships for a supposedly great sporting club and 2 GF wins last 60 years.

Sorry but these are facts and something has to change!!!
[/u]

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:43 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

This
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:51 pm

I left Eddie out when I was having a crack at our midfield this morning. Just going over the stats, again, it looks like he didn’t have a touch. Going back over all those other GFs, I see he didn’t get his hands on the ball in any of them, either. What’s the point of putting someone in a leadership role if they can’t get the job done in big games? Wink
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:59 pm

At some point the club does need to look at the question of sucession.

We were all over the when the club was underperforming..but it is still a valid point..he wont be in the role forever.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:30 pm

No
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:30 pm

His profile is bigger than the players, and no doubt adds to the vitriol and hate aimed at the club in social circles and social media forums. He’s done great things, but I’d rather a less demonstrative figurehead now. 21 years is more than enough, surely.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:53 pm

[quote="Pies4shaw"]I left Eddie out when I was having a crack at our midfield this morning. Just going over the stats, again, it looks like he didn’t have a touch. Going back over all those other GFs, I see he didn’t get his hands on the ball in any of them, either. What’s the point of putting someone in a leadership role if they can’t get the job done in big games? Wink[quote/]

Memories of Derek Shaw😝

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:03 pm

Wtf.... I'm sorry but Eddie can't go onto the field and kick the footy in the grand final... That falls to the players... Clarkson and the players won all those gfs... Not Jeff Kennett lol it's like blaming bucks for Reid not kicking the winning goal in the last quarter...
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:17 pm

I think he should.
Place needs some fresh preferably outside influence and perspective.
And his adoration and personal involvement of Buckley is and always has been
IMO unhealthy; lacking objectivity. For same reason Rocca and Harvey should go. 18 and 19 have not got the results. Bitterly disappointing; especially last week, considering last year. How last year didn't inspire a win from halftime last week is devastating and as Buckley said: "a waste".
Last 12 months result must affect the players approaching the mountain again in 3 months time. IMO Need some leadership change to get back on the horse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8   

Jump to: