Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2019 VFL R19 v Casey (Sun 11 Aug 12pm @Vic Park) Casey radio

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice clearance by Wellings, Wilson can’t beat two though.
barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Keane slips as Casey look to move it down the wing, makes amends with 2 tackles, the last forcing the ball out of bounds.
barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Pies look to clear defence, 2 on 1, comes straight back in, Mark, goal.

42-57
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Bad luck Pies.

Thanks Barrackers for today. Sorry they couldnt get the win.

A few straight kicks for goal and who knows?

barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Siren, an ugly match, where Casey’s backline and ball movement was too good.

Collingwood 5.12 42
Casey 8.9 57

Best: Woodward, Brown, Noble

No finals this year, poor start including some heartbreakers ultimately cost us. Still don’t believe we should have lost to the Northern blues at Vic Park.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Thanks, Barrackers.

Disappointing result in the end. Any players that may push for selection?

barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:59 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Bad luck Pies.

Thanks Barrackers for today. Sorry they couldnt get the win.

A few straight kicks for goal and who knows?

Was more sloppy delivery and forward structure that cost us the match. More often we were forced to bomb the footy to a pack, with the inaccurate kicking resulting from quick kicks under pressure. Conversely Casey were able to get a lot more space and one on one's in their forward 50 as a result of kick ball movement and precise kicking. Their backline was very good too, with some top class defenders and good structure.

Jezza wrote:
Thanks, Barrackers.

Disappointing result in the end. Any players that may push for selection?

Just the two - Noble and T. Brown

Some quick thoughts:

6. Goldsack - occasional glimpses of vintage play, however after starting the year forward he hasn't been a standout performer. He's never really done much at VFL level though, so I reckon that he'd be better at AFL level.

28. Murphy - quiet first half and slowly worked into the match. Took a couple of nice marks late and will be better for the run, unfortunately he's ran out of time to impact 2019

29. Broomhead - a couple of nice things, but didn't add to his disposal tally after half time. Was he injured or rested?

34. T. Brown - forget AFL attributes, some of his highlights especially around the contest were elite today. At the very least he'll be a very good player if those skills can become more frequent and transfer to the next level. Ready for a debut, which isn't something I was thinking a month ago. That said working through a tag at VFL level will be invaluable too.

39. Crocker - again worked hard, but didn't show enough to earn a recall

40. Bosenavulagi - not a huge amount of footy, but his development his year has trended upwards. Nice pace and great pressure, but today I seen fleeting glimpses that he could be more than that, one nice clearance comes to mind

47. Keane - the secret is out and his bandwagon is filling, but another good game today despite losing his feet on a couple of occasions. Probably doesn't debut this year, however could play if required.

43. Tohill & 48. Wilson -Our delivery and forward structure combined with Casey's good defence didn't help either player. Both found space at times though, but on those occasions they often lead or were worked under the footy indicating that their timing wasn't quite there. Unlike Tohill Wilson still found the ball inside 50 on 3-4 occasions, however he rarely took the chance to have a shot on goal instead opting to pass the footy. As a forward I'd like Wilson to take on the responsibility himself especially when having a set shot on days like today when none our other forwards were overly effective. Wilson will benefit from a proper preseason. Tohill I'd consider moving back in 2020, so others take him to the footy.

49. Noble - another who looks too good for this level, elite pace and nice hands, on today's performance I'd have him on the plane to Adelaide

50. Woodward - we're very fortunate to have Woodward with our VFL side, he's clearly a class above this level
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks for this, barrackers!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:17 am

Thanks Barrackers. Great to follow it after the game to read it post by post. I thought Noble ought to have been in v the Fuchsias yesterday.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:37 pm

barrackers wrote:
6. Goldsack - occasional glimpses of vintage play, however after starting the year forward he hasn't been a standout performer. He's never really done much at VFL level though, so I reckon that he'd be better at AFL level.

If you're largely defensive or a stopper , it may be harder to stand out at the lower level.

barrackers wrote:
49. Noble - another who looks too good for this level, elite pace and nice hands, on today's performance I'd have him on the plane to Adelaide

If he's at least the travelling emergency, it'll allow him a visit home.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Club report:

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-08-11/vfl-pies-lose-armwrestle-with-demons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: