Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-17/french-doctor-charged-with-nine-patients/11124028

"An anaesthetist in the French city of Besancon is suspected of poisoning patients during surgery to trigger heart failures and then heroically bring them back from the brink of death. ..." Except 9 he didn't quite get right.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:29 am

^ The definition of a psychopath. That's chilling to read.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:20 am

Geezus that’s a real life CSI story, how awful
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Our Social Security system.

You may recall my ex-wife inheriting millions of dollars when her old man passed away.... she continued to receive a disability pension, until I dobbed her in. She had to repay over $40k.

Well, she's just shuffled and hidden all her assets and cash, and is back on the take. What a joke, a multi millionaire, getting a pension.

Speaking of the disability pension. I was amazed when I heard an aboriginal woman, speaking about working with the government on various things on the ABC. She stated that 50% of aboriginal people are on the disability pension..... how can half a population be on that? What bullshit that is... you don't have to look for work when on that payment.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:35 pm

Is it possible you misheard her? That certainly doesn’t seem to be backed up by these statistics from 2016 (see page 4):

https://www.aihw.gov.au/getmedia/2f327206-c315-43a7-b666-4fe24fefc12f/aihw-australias-welfare-2017-chapter7-5.pdf.aspx

According to that table, 47,400 Indigenous people are on the disability pension, which is only 10.2% of the eligible (i.e. 16 to 64-year-old) Indigenous population. I’m not sure how that compares to the broader population – it might be a bit lower than that, but I think the proportion of Australians on the disability support pension is at least 5%.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:46 pm

I also don't understand the comments about disincentive to work - I know that many people have to get by as best they can on low wages but who would - by choice - live on under $500 a week (before they meet housing costs etc), if they could do better? Moreover, if they can't do better and they're actually condemned to live on this, what hope of a reasonable quality of life does this offer?

There are always people who are going to rort the system - and plenty more who think that rorting it is "smart" - but what of the majority of people who are stuck on this payment and don't have millions put away? I can't believe that there are many people on this pension who are actually well off.

While we're at it - what's with Newstart and why is it only about 60% or so of this ridiculously low DSP? I'm not sure what society gets out of condemning a large proportion of the population to living like this, in many (most?) cases for the majority of their adult lives. Looks like a great way to generate a large, disgruntled, hopeless underclass to me.
K 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:07 pm

I also assume that to qualify for a disability pension you have to convince them the disability is permanent, so some crippling but supposedly curable illness wouldn't qualify.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:46 pm

David wrote:
Absolutely! I'm even considering returning to my unfinished journalism degree just to get to the bottom of this. Wink

Laughing

Quote:
Oops Magazines,

Pathetic Clive Palmer and his UAP wasted 60 million and failed to obtain a single seat. This is no surprise my friend, their campaign hired too many imcompetent lazy local white Aussies, and they can't use a smart phone properly also. My name is Mack Madden and I support UAP, but we can not rely on our local workers to achieve the goal Magazines.

Magazines, on contrast, smart and talented candidate Dave Sharma based out of Wentworth won the seat easily but he spent 50 thousand only. What is his secret sir? Answer is, he employed people belong to the Indian descent to do his internet campaign only. Indian Employees are more hardworking, asking much less, and they are technology first-class! So that is how cost-effective sir, spending 50 thousand and Dave has won a quater million salary for 3 years! All because he employed Indian internet workers for his campaign only, so cost effective! This win!

That's it Magazines, please forget about hopeless local white Aussies, they are so hurtful to your business. Please do employ workers belong to Indian heritage only. Please do not employ muslims also, they are planning attacks right now. Please do not employ Chinese also, they are spies and the government is deporting them one by one. Please do not employ Italians also, they are mafia. Please do not employ Jews also, they are not vaccined and will spread disease to your work place.

yours best

Mack Madden

If Osama survived for nearly ten years after 9/11 without being caught, I have a feeling this character won't be facing justice anytime soon.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:49 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I also don't understand the comments about disincentive to work - I know that many people have to get by as best they can on low wages but who would - by choice - live on under $500 a week (before they meet housing costs etc), if they could do better? Moreover, if they can't do better and they're actually condemned to live on this, what hope of a reasonable quality of life does this offer?

There are always people who are going to rort the system - and plenty more who think that rorting it is "smart" - but what of the majority of people who are stuck on this payment and don't have millions put away? I can't believe that there are many people on this pension who are actually well off.

While we're at it - what's with Newstart and why is it only about 60% or so of this ridiculously low DSP? I'm not sure what society gets out of condemning a large proportion of the population to living like this, in many (most?) cases for the majority of their adult lives. Looks like a great way to generate a large, disgruntled, hopeless underclass to me.

Not referring to Aboriginals but generally in response to your comments, you would be surprised at how many people have no desire to work and are able to rort the system to live reasonably well.

$500 net per week isn't a lot, but get 2 people and that's $1000 per week. With no tax that's the same as earning around $67k for 1 person gross, without havng to work for it. Add in a kid or 2 (or 3 or 4) and the payments climb, plus rent assistance etc. Get access to public housing and you're really doing well.

I'll grant that they're a small percentage of the population, but not a small number. Unfortunately these people cast a shadow over those who legitimately want to work.

partypie 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:10 am

Skids wrote:
Our Social Security system.

You may recall my ex-wife inheriting millions of dollars when her old man passed away.... she continued to receive a disability pension, until I dobbed her in. She had to repay over $40k.

Well, she's just shuffled and hidden all her assets and cash, and is back on the take. What a joke, a multi millionaire, getting a pension.

Speaking of the disability pension. I was amazed when I heard an aboriginal woman, speaking about working with the government on various things on the ABC. She stated that 50% of aboriginal people are on the disability pension..... how can half a population be on that? What bullshit that is... you don't have to look for work when on that payment.

I’d be calling the tax office. They are way more vicious. ... I know a guy getting it for a back problem (that is cured) meanwhile my brother, an amputee, can’t get anything because he’s considered capable of working. (He’s barely able to do the housework some of the time) Gee, the reforms under our current government are not working very well
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:00 pm

Faaarrrk

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/mount-everest-tragedy-disturbing-story-behind-this-photo/news-story/77b580504abe2bfea1c1dd8f6ddd30f6

I get the physical test and the so called accomplishment, but if every one else is doing it why would you bother?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 pm

^ Yep, that image kind of kills the magic of it, doesn't it? Take a ticket and get in line... Neutral
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:54 pm

Increase the cost of a permit. $11000 now, so make it $22000.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Who has that kind of money? Surprised
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:24 pm

The people in the pic...

It might mean the climbers are more likely to be older, which also bumps up the death numbers.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 259 of 277   

Jump to: