Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 822, 823, 824 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading about this house:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/06/flintstone-house-dinosaur-owner-hillsborough

And yes, I would kind of love to live there.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Good on her, pack of snobby cnuts having a go at her, I like the joint.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:52 pm

OMG howcool! That would be awesome to live next too! Or in!

People with 20 foot plastic palm trees however....!

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:20 pm

I stayed in a guesthouse in Thailand at a place called Ban Phe called the Bedrock inn. Not as elaborate but quite a lot of fun. The Dinos were the geckos which did a great job killing the mossies and they had had a house cat that chased away the rodents. The bar there had stools made of stone and all the food came off a BBQ. An Aussie and his Thai wife ran it and every night the girl who ran the bar and the tuk tuk would knock on the door 5 minutes before happy hour.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:45 am

stui magpie wrote:
Good on her, pack of snobby cnuts having a go at her, I like the joint.

Couldn't agree more! NIMBYs are the worst; the council ought to be heritage listing the place, lol.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:51 pm

Oldest finally sold her Hyaundai i30 as her employer got her a new Tuscon (second model up) and pay the costs for work and personal use. Thanks be the lord. Goes to a deposit towards buying a flat.

Youngest ended up with 3 x HD's in her course for Advanced Property Law, Constitional Law and Equity.

Got up at 6:15 this morning and swam a km at the aptly named Harold Holt Memorial Swimming Pool - slow lane special (that Dr Pie reckons might be on par with the not so aptly named JFK shooting range) then worked really hard in spin class this morning before going to the G for the game today. Hadn't execised for a week.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:35 pm

I found my older sister an i30 last week, she lives it! No point her getting a new one she lives on a farm drives an hour and a half to the city every day,

Well done daughter no2 and well done you

Me, I have a garage door, and stairs go in Monday! I can’t wait for stairs! I hate ladders! Hopefully we don’t file for divorce tomorrow, we are painting! Painting and me really don’t get along!!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:16 pm

Well last night but close enough!

Hubby and I went to a VIP invitation only $500 a ticket dinner down Mornington way last night - Dr Jane Goodall was the very special guest - absolute hero of ours and a truly inspirational woman!

I was incredibly lucky to win our tickets through a competition conducted by one of the amazing organisations we have supported for years - one of those in 50 words or less why should you get the tickets ( 50 words is not much at all when you have so much to say just quietly Laughing )

Lots and lots of really (seriously) rich people so not sure how we ended up being on the table and closest to Jane when she was speaking but WOW just WOW!!! I bought a lovely indigenous shawl that the artist named " Mother's Strength" and I got to give it her - seriously I was like a little fan girl Embarassed

There were Myers and Baillieus apparently and other really rich people - appreciate they financially support great organisations and their money lets good work happen for rangers, for villages and for animals (though not sure how breeding cattle fits into the ethos of said organisations Confused ) but they are very special - they do get a little miffed when plebs like hubby and I have NFI who they are Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:43 pm

^

You should have practised your "don't you know who I am?" just to really mess with their heads.

Sounds like a good night

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:15 pm

Being able to replace light globes without needing something to stand on. Cool
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Well last night but close enough!

Hubby and I went to a VIP invitation only $500 a ticket dinner down Mornington way last night - Dr Jane Goodall was the very special guest - absolute hero of ours and a truly inspirational woman!

I was incredibly lucky to win our tickets through a competition conducted by one of the amazing organisations we have supported for years - one of those in 50 words or less why should you get the tickets ( 50 words is not much at all when you have so much to say just quietly Laughing )

Lots and lots of really (seriously) rich people so not sure how we ended up being on the table and closest to Jane when she was speaking but WOW just WOW!!! I bought a lovely indigenous shawl that the artist named " Mother's Strength" and I got to give it her - seriously I was like a little fan girl Embarassed

There were Myers and Baillieus apparently and other really rich people - appreciate they financially support great organisations and their money lets good work happen for rangers, for villages and for animals (though not sure how breeding cattle fits into the ethos of said organisations Confused ) but they are very special - they do get a little miffed when plebs like hubby and I have NFI who they are Razz

Top end of town then. Next to Jane Goodall. Did you fly the helicopter there?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 pm

^ yeah and we parked it in the carpark of our lodging for the night the Balnarring Village Motor Inn Wink Laughing Razz
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:43 pm

I’ve read and seen a fair bit on Jane, an amazing person, big privilege to meet her and hear her speak, well done.

Last edited by think positive on Tue May 14, 2019 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Technology.

The son needed a document uploaded to centrelink child support claim, so I logged onto his account in mygov, he messaged me the code they sent to his phone to log in, I upload the document.

Too easy.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:23 pm

think positive wrote:
I’ve read and seen a fair bit on Jane, an amazing person, big privilege to meet her and hear her speak, well done.

Yes indeed - she is an amazing woman and what a life she has had - and she is tiny and 85 yrs old and graceful and articulate and with more stamina than most people put together!

She was talking about being a young woman with no formal qualifications coming back from her ground breaking work with chimps - they said she needed a qualification to have her research taken seriously - she went to Cambridge. The Masters there said mistake number one - you gave the chimps names you should have given them numbers!! And you assigned different personalities to them - animals don't have personalities grrrr!!

Well she showed the lot of them - tossers!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 822, 823, 824 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 823 of 866   

Jump to: