Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2019 VFL R6 vs Sandringham (Sun 12 May 2pm @ VICTORIA PARK)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies kick in, get another kick towards 50, siren.

8.7 55
7.14 56

Bugger
barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm

That’s two single figure heart breakers at Vic Park this year. Unlike the blues game we shouldn’t have won this one.
barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Smith with his hand/thumb in a bandage, explains why he didn’t play.

Shame we lost Lynch to concussion, despite Tohill trying admirably Longer was great for them especially in the last 5 minutes.
barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:10 pm

We gave up eight shots on goal (6 behinds, 2 out on the full) after we hit the lead by 5 points. In the end I felt it was always a matter of whether Sandringham would beat us or whether the siren would beat Sandringham. We just couldn't clear half back, which was largely due to Sandringham pushing their defenders right up and us pushing numbers into their forward 50.

The main difference throughout the day was that their talls (Marsh, Longer and Rowe) have AFL standard bodies, whereas aside from Madgen and arguably Keane ours are barely VFL ready. Goldsack needs to play back.

Some brief thoughts:

Lynch - Concussed via an accidental Sandringham knee in a marking contest early in the second quarter.

Daicos - Largely played on the wing with Crocker on the other. Worked himself into much better positions today; often being one step removed from around the ground ruck contests meaning others could get the handball out to him. I like that role for him as his field kicking is generally very good.

Crocker - Still off his early season form, better than last week though.

Wells - Mostly played a mix of full forward and half forward today, but did have runs in the centre. I think he's ready, but it would have to be in a predominantly forward role.

Varcoe - High half forward pushing deeper, pressure and tackling was good

Broomhead - Mostly half forward, but was released into the midfield at times where he was often at the feet of the ruck. Slowly building fitness and consistency.

Goldsack - Mostly forward, but was forced to ruck at times in the last quarter and dropped back once we got the lead. His days as a forward are over, but today was his worst game for the year.

Sier - Didn't get a lot of footy, but done good things when he did. Will need another week or two, but is a class above this level.

Kelly - One for the future, which I couldn't say after last week. Was more involved with the move forward today. Got into good positions, but just doesn't have the strength yet.

Tohill - Battled admirably in the ruck, but was well undersized against Longer. Done one or two nice things.

Keane - Reasonable defensive game down today, a nice size, currently looks a full back as he doesn't provide much offensive but that may come with time.

Madgen - Returned to his better form today and for the first time this season looked ready if required.

Quaynor - Not as much footy today, but some nice things, more an offensive player than defender.

Bosenavulagi - Got amongst on a few occasions and looked lively when he did.

Last edited by barrackers on Sun May 12, 2019 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Thanks for your player summaries, Barrackers. Appreciate them.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So if I'm reading between the commentary correctly, we're playing Kelly up forward Confused and Tohill may actually be a player?

His Dad was a wonderful (read "extremely physically dangerous") CHF, when required, so he may have the aptitude.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:31 pm

You must mean Tohill cause I can't recall the cement truck ever playing forward.

Ditto on the thanks to barrackers, since Batmod took off to chase Ras Al Ghul or Talia or whatever, you've been a rock.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
You must mean Tohill cause I can't recall the cement truck ever playing forward.

Ditto on the thanks to barrackers, since Batmod took off to chase Ras Al Ghul or Talia or whatever, you've been a rock.

Craig kicked more goals than you think (43 for us over his career). This was one eg of him playing as a forward target: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1989/041119890506.html

I think he may actually have come from Norwood as a CHF? He certainly played quite a bit up forward in his first year but went back, mostly because we needed a big defender to help down back and we didn't need a tall forward, since we had Brown, Daicos, Barwick, Starce, Manson etc, and partly because he was am iffy kick for goal.
barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So if I'm reading between the commentary correctly, we're playing Kelly up forward Confused and Tohill may actually be a player?

Currently Tohill only really produces a cameo moment here and there, despite battling out of his weight division in the ruck for most of the day he's not having much impact on the outcome. Keane looks a more ready player and I liked his game today albeit it's generally easier playing behind the footy.

@stui magpie and @Pies4shaw cheers for the feedback, glad my comments are of value.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Thanks barrackers, much obliged for your hard work. Cheers
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Great work Barrackers. Really appreciate your commentary and analysis.
think better 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:14 am

Thanks Barrackers - great work again - I really enjoy getting the blow by blow descriptions. The fact that you do this on your phone is impressive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: