Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Walking up the hill tonight on the way home from work, I see this kid I know heading toward me. My first thought is, phuck, I don't need this now, comeon Sam, cut me a break.

The "kid", Sam is late 30's and he and all his brothers are........NQR is the best way I can describe it. It's some genetic intellectual disability thing, I may have been told the name of it once but I forget. They all look fine, no physical signs like Down Syndrome, but they're impacted.

Sam and his older brother are good kids, I bump into them every now and then. Sam always runs the same repertoire past me. have I seen his dad lately, hows gav (my step son) and a couple of other standard lines, I tell him to look after himself and we go on our way.

This time was different. I said G'Day Sam waiting for the standard lines but this time he goes "my dad's dying"

Well, that threw me out. I like his Dad, see him around and have a chat whenever we bump into each other, little older than me, blue collar bloke with his own business (with a partner) and just a nice bloke who has a lot more coin than he looks like cos he's just unpretentious.

Apparently in Royal Melbourne (Sam only knew it was the hospital in the city) for the last week, bleeding on the brain and on life support. When I said I hoped he was OK, Sam just looked at me and said "he's not coming home, he's going to die there"

I think the bugger was waiting there for me, and I felt like a right cnut for thinking how I could duck or shortcut the conversation

the fact that you thought that says your not a right or left one mate.

just think you could have crossed the road, turned around, lowered your head - you didnt. He needed you, you were there, well done.Ill Chuck one up for his Dad, you never know...

Life can be so godamn cruel...

cheers, you will be needed again xxx

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Cheers Jo,

The bugger had me blocked. he knows where I live and he crossed the road to get in my path, the only option I had to avoid a conversation was to pretend I was on the phone, which I chose not to do and I'm happy I didn't.

His Dad, shane, was a skinny little bugger, drank in moderation and didn't smoke, good dad and husband as far as I know. Bugger. Crying or Very sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:09 pm

You did good.

Sounds like Aspergers or something, going to be incredibly difficult for him if the worst happens, in saying that he obviously has trust in you. I guess it explains why you ended up with one extra son already!

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Bar manager at one of my locals was walking home after a party they hels at 4 am. There are 2 losers who sit outside the bars and drink from large bottles bought from 7-11 because they are barred from every bar in the area for begging. One a Canadian the other English. May is about 45 and like most Thais is small and so is the service girl she was walking with.The Englishman confronted her and they argued and he slammed her onto the concrete road and pushed the other girl over as well. The other girl was badly bruised but May is in Bangkok-Pattaya hospital . She is awake but has a split skull, bleeding on the brain, a fractured coccyx, bruised ribs, and numerous other bruises. The attacker has fled his little bolthole but Mays English boyfriend and silent partner in the bar is furious and has shown the blokes picture to every motorcycle taxi driver in the area. The mongrel is a dead man walking. For his sake he had better be in on his way to another country because if they find him here he will be cray bait.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:10 pm

OMG, what a gutless prick, thats so awful.

One of juniors old friends, a guy, got king hit in king street last Saturday night, out cold, 2 days in hospital.

Just bloody thugs.i dont get it I really dont.

Hope your friend recovers fully and fast...and justice is served.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:22 am

May has regained her awareness but is still not of out danger. Her attacker will never get out of danger here. This is not Kansas. His mate has disappeared as well. Over here they allow rellos etc to sleep in the same room on the floor. Her English boyfriend closed the bar tonight and is sleeping there as solidarity.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:39 am

ronrat wrote:
May has regained her awareness but is still not of out danger. Her attacker will never get out of danger here. This is not Kansas. His mate has disappeared as well. Over here they allow rellos etc to sleep in the same room on the floor. Her English boyfriend closed the bar tonight and is sleeping there as solidarity.

ONG, its been a week. What s horrible cowardly thing to do. I really dont have the words...

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 am

ronrat wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what's the most likely method if he's found?

Iron bar? Knife? just a good old fashioned group beating?

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:27 pm

All 3. Thais do not fight fair and tend to group bash. Whatever it takes. You can openly buy flick knives and knuckle dusters, and tasers, If the coppers get him they will shake him down for what they can get but he doesn't have a pot to piss in so at best he will 10 years and then a police van to the airport and home. If he survives.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Cheers Jo,

The bugger had me blocked. he knows where I live and he crossed the road to get in my path, the only option I had to avoid a conversation was to pretend I was on the phone, which I chose not to do and I'm happy I didn't.

His Dad, shane, was a skinny little bugger, drank in moderation and didn't smoke, good dad and husband as far as I know. Bugger. Crying or Very sad

Sad to read Stui. It was good you were there for him.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:07 am

ronrat wrote:

Any news mate? Hope shes on the mend

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 am

Checking out Facebook over coffee, and all the photography pages have these amazing pictures of the Notre-Dame... and now I know why. How sad, no matter what your beliefs, that this centuries old building has been so horribly damaged it would be an amazing experience though, to be standing there with the French as they all sing hymns and applaud as the flames died down.......

Before I started taking photos I didn’t really see things the way I do now, though I do remember being devastated when I saw what Was left of the building in the Middle East just recently.

I just hope it’s a coincidence that its Easter, and this fire didn’t have a helping hand. Cheers

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:46 pm

^ Very sad absolutely beautiful place Crying or Very sad

The stained glass windows were breathtaking, the extremely narrow and long climb up the steps (hundreds of them!!) to the bell tower and then to the top to share the magnificent views with the very impressive gargoyles.

Always paid a visit each time we went to Paris - only did the climb twice though Smile
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Apparently terrorism and arson have been ruled out, seems like the blame rests with renovation workers unless Quasimodo was smoking a doobie in bed.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:54 pm

Very sad seeing what happened to the Notre Dame.

Hopefully they can start rebuilding as soon as possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 38 of 70   

Jump to: