Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 6 - Collingwood vs Geelong at Olympic Park Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleary sounds like plenty of positives, but how do we give up a lead like that so easily?
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Very Happy Thnaks as always MB.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:14 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Full Time.

Collingwoood 13.13.91
Geelong 13.9.87

GOALS - Gallucci 4, Jarryd Blair 2, Fasolo 2, McLarty 2, Jack Blair, Hellier, Chippendale

All I can say is "PHEW!"

Over to you!

Thanks for your efforts MB.

Should we re-sign Blair on a 3 or 4 year contract?

barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Not as dominant display as a team today and there were less standout performers. It really was a battle of quarters with one clear scoring end. I think the VFL bests (A. Gallucci, J. Blair, M. Hore, B. Mihocek, A. Oxley, S. Hetherington) are a reasonable indication although I may have squeezed Fasolo into them.

Oxley - was released onto a wing today and it was one the better games I've seen from him in recent times. As usual uses the footy very well. Deservedly in our best.

Mihocek - beaten a couple of times for height, but he stood tall when it mattered and was sound defensively. A lot cleaner today and I liked his one field instruction to young Brown and Murphy.

Jarryd Blair - never drops his head when demoted and today was no different. Is a dominant mid at this level. Nice volley goal in the second quarter and took a clutch mark jumping onto an opponent in the last quarter.

Fasolo - again didn't receive the best delivery forward, but still kicked a couple of goals. Similar to last week where he spent time up the ground and I think he was good as a high half forward, which included a couple of nice kicks inside 50. Defensive pressure good too.

McLarty - not as dominant aerially as last week, which was probably a result of higher ruck minutes. Some nice aggression though and shouldn't be too far off a debut with another solid game.

Greenwood - played at half back again where he was often the loose man, had a bit of footy albeit he appeared to still be on managed game time.

Sier - even allowing for a quarter forward where he didn't have much impact he didn't get as much outside footy today. Still very good in close though.

Murphy - more footy today with some nice disposals on the outside. Still a while off.

Wills - like Sier not much outside footy, but important inside. With his height I wonder how he would go as a defensive forward.

Brown - looked promising as a defender, at times I thought he was beaten or out of position, but with his long arms and good reading of the play he was able to either mark or impact the contest

Elliott - sat out the first came quarter, came on briefly in the second, tried to take a hanger, got injured

Madgen - one clanger comes to mind, but was ok without being dominant

Hore - backline general, important intercept marks especially in the last, more footy upfield than normal

Gallucci - his pace is a nice point of difference, but today he found himself in the right spots and was a real live wire forward
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:18 am

Thank you MB for your commentary and thank you Barrackers for your comprehensive match report.

Gutted for Elliott.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:03 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
Q for you MB. Outside of immediate AFL depth (eg Blair and Fasolo) is there much to like today about the McLarty, T Brown, Murphy deeper depth types today?

Missed this at the time.

I've liked McLarty's whole body of work this year. Was serviceable yesterday, but took not a single damn mark (indeed, several gimmes went right through his fingers). Trend is creeping upwards, though.

Tyler had some good intercept and defensive moments in that backline. Even reeled in a nice one-hander on the wing early. Lost a number of direct contests, but had his moments nonetheless.

Murphy has gotten better each time I've seen him. Some of his kicks were just nice flat blades to open it up outside and provided some good connection run.

Yes, there is indeed a bit to like underneath the ready-mades...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:06 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
Should we re-sign Blair on a 3 or 4 year contract?

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Jack Blair got a week.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:06 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Q for you MB. Outside of immediate AFL depth (eg Blair and Fasolo) is there much to like today about the McLarty, T Brown, Murphy deeper depth types today?

Missed this at the time.

I've liked McLarty's whole body of work this year. Was serviceable yesterday, but took not a single damn mark (indeed, several gimmes went right through his fingers). Trend is creeping upwards, though.

Tyler had some good intercept and defensive moments in that backline. Even reeled in a nice one-hander on the wing early. Lost a number of direct contests, but had his moments nonetheless.

Murphy has gotten better each time I've seen him. Some of his kicks were just nice flat blades to open it up outside and provided some good connection run.

Yes, there is indeed a bit to like underneath the ready-mades...

Thanks. Sounds promising and the way injuries are at senior level may become important at both AFL and VFL level.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Stats are on the app now.

Blair led the DT points.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Good to see. He should never have been dropped after his fine game against Brisbane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: