Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Dees - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Leggie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Leggie wrote:
I'm feeling dirty
Wrapped with the win but to think we contributed to West Coast getting into the finals makes me physically sick.

Don't worry - the chances of Darling taking a pack mark in the dying seconds to seal the result at any other venue are nil, zilch and zero. Port will flog them by 938 points.

True that.
My focus from here on in is to hope that the Eagles are humiliated to the extent that the club never recovers and they merge with north Melbourne and have a home ground in Iraq.

That's fine, as long as the AFL agrees that we never have to play them away.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:45 pm

How specifically does [quoteLeggie][quotePies4shaw][quoteLeggie]he or she'm feeling dirty Wrapped with the win but to think we contributed to West Coast getting into the finals cause sick?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:52 pm

3rd degree wrote:
suck it up dees , imagine smug bernie vince's little dial now!

So much for showing Browny the ball after the mark on 50. Suffer in ya jack watts!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:26 pm

How do you like them cucumbers?
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:54 pm

#putoutyourcheeseplatters
K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:39 pm

Jezza wrote:

Half of my family (mum's side) are Melbourne supporters so I feel for them. I've always had a soft spot for them that will probably horrify most of this forum.

West Coast will get smashed against Port in the elimination final.

Oh, Jezza, shame....shame....

As punishment, you should have to watch the footage of Jim Stynes running over the mark and Gary Buckenara, thereby having been brought within range by the resulting 15m penalty, scoring the winning after-siren goal in the 1987 Elimination Final.

I trust you can find this without me having to post a link... Wink
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:50 pm

watt price tully wrote:
My Melbourne supporting friends tell me they did for Bucks Laughing

I recon that Melbourne Fan will be spewin now! 🤣
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:14 pm

Oh Melbourne,i feel your pain-not!!!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:37 am

This was a terrific win. One of the best we've had all year along with the Geelong win back in round 6, with it having massive ramifications for Melbourne who had everything to play for in this game, so this was a wonderful way to finish off what has been another tough year for the club.

Great character was shown by the players to not relinquish a healthy lead that we attained after another strong first quarter showing. Considering we've had a unhealthy tendency to give up healthy leads, it was refreshing to hold our nerve and recompose themselves when Melbourne threatened to break past us at various stages of the match, most notably in the early stages in the second quarter and the early stages of the final quarter.

Some great coaching moves by Bucks such as moving Maynard to the midfield and putting Moore in defence when the game was on the line. It's clear that Maynard as a midfield option is another option that can be utilised by the coaching staff.

Nice to see Kirby play, but it's evident he was a fair way off being AFL standard, but I think a solid pre-season can see him make in-roads in 2018. There's plenty to work with and his talent is undeniable as his VFL form has shown throughout the year.

I think since Bucks received the 'vote of confidence' from the club, we've finished the season off in a largely positive fashion. 4 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses isn't a terrible record after what we endured before that. Hopefully we can build on that heading into 2018.

It will be interesting to see what changes occur in the next few weeks. Hopefully, we can find ways to address the key position deficiencies during the off-season period.

K wrote:
Oh, Jezza, shame....shame....

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:06 pm

On the face of it that game doesn't mean much.
Season cooked. Can't make the finals so who cares?

Not right though.

That win will do lots for their fitness wise confidence going into another pre season. It's also a tap on the shoulder for Melbourne. Hey guys don't get too far ahead of yourselfs. We are actually a closely matched team to you and not too far off the big boys.

What did we learn on Saturday?

They can have an attacking mix up forward.
Coxy is starting to take marks and kick goals. His tackling pressure is excellent. Once he stops getting moved around in contests he will be a force.
Grundy can play forward. Needs to keep being given time there, in tandem with Mason in the ruck and he can continue to get better.
Maynard has the ability to play in the middle and be an attacking player from there.
If Kayle Kirby continues to work hard he looks to have the talent to make it. From all accounts he's come from a long way back fitness wise. He's gotta really want it though.
Daicos and Brown can play and will improve with experience and stronger bodies.
Jamie Elliott is ready to kick 50 plus if he can stay on the park. Gun.
The Sack is a weapon up forward as well as a lock down back.
Shazza will be right.
Aish can make it as a midfielder if he keeps building his strength and tank.
Then there's Howe. He's gotta be given time up forward next year. I know opposition teams would be much happier if we left him on the half back lines to take those marks rather than him taking skyscrapers near the goal square.

That's the frustrating bit for me. We've waited all year to see the team play like they did on Saturday. get mixed up a bit, try new things. Give old players new roles within games and new players a go at it. They've gotta continue to be adventurous and back themselves to find tactical edges and advantages in games. No more playing it safe please.

Thanks for your service and best wishes for your future elsewhere
Jesse White, Jarrod Blair, Chris Mayne, Ben Sinclair, Josh Smith

ROB 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:07 am

Leggie wrote:
I'm feeling dirty
Wrapped with the win but to think we contributed to West Coast getting into the finals makes me physically sick.

I feel sicker that those drug cheats from Essendon are in the finals..

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:04 am

ROB wrote:
Leggie wrote:
I'm feeling dirty

I feel sicker that those drug cheats from Essendon are in the finals..

Who cares. They will get smashed in Sydney, Watson and Kelly retiring and a few others should go. Maybe Hocking. It cost them Hibberd, Ryder and Carlisle and they have no trade bait. They will get what pick 11 or 12. They will drop away quickly.Even if they win the first week they will cop a flogging. Bring it on.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 am

uncanny wrote:
On the face of it that game doesn't mean much.
Season cooked. Can't make the finals so who cares?

Not right though.

That win will do lots for their fitness wise confidence going into another pre season. It's also a tap on the shoulder for Melbourne. Hey guys don't get too far ahead of yourselfs. We are actually a closely matched team to you and not too far off the big boys.

What did we learn on Saturday?

They can have an attacking mix up forward.
Coxy is starting to take marks and kick goals. His tackling pressure is excellent. Once he stops getting moved around in contests he will be a force.
Grundy can play forward. Needs to keep being given time there, in tandem with Mason in the ruck and he can continue to get better.
Maynard has the ability to play in the middle and be an attacking player from there.
If Kayle Kirby continues to work hard he looks to have the talent to make it. From all accounts he's come from a long way back fitness wise. He's gotta really want it though.
Daicos and Brown can play and will improve with experience and stronger bodies.
Jamie Elliott is ready to kick 50 plus if he can stay on the park. Gun.
The Sack is a weapon up forward as well as a lock down back.
Shazza will be right.
Aish can make it as a midfielder if he keeps building his strength and tank.
Then there's Howe. He's gotta be given time up forward next year. I know opposition teams would be much happier if we left him on the half back lines to take those marks rather than him taking skyscrapers near the goal square.

That's the frustrating bit for me. We've waited all year to see the team play like they did on Saturday. get mixed up a bit, try new things. Give old players new roles within games and new players a go at it. They've gotta continue to be adventurous and back themselves to find tactical edges and advantages in games. No more playing it safe please.

Thanks for your service and best wishes for your future elsewhere
Jesse White, Jarrod Blair, Chris Mayne, Ben Sinclair, Josh Smith

Jeremy is a great backman because he can run at the ball mostly unattended but as a forward he has to muscle it out a bit with an attendant backman which stops him getting that run all the time.
Melbourne tried it often enough - he's just FAR better down back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: