Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 13 - Collingwood vs Williamstown at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Beveredge was hit quite hard in the contest
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:41 pm

They go end-to-end on us, Dunnell marks and bags another...

63-130

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Hellier, taken high at CHF, wins the free.

From 45m, slight angle... goal.

69-130

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:43 pm

FWIW, Daics & Brown look the goods but need more development. McLarty does a lot of good things too but also needs development. Keefe looks ready to step up I reckon. Kirby needs more development & isn't ready quite yet
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Siren.

Full Time.

Collingwood 10.10.70
Williamstown 20.10.130

GOALS - Hellier 2, White 2, Kirby, Daicos, Lynch, Ramsay, Mayne, McLarty

Over to you...

Last edited by MagpieBat on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Thanks MB for ur work. Got there for the second half, drove down stupid me.
barrackers 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:55 pm

I missed most of the first quarter, but it was a disappointing effort today, we simply made too many mistakes to be in the contest.

Ramsay - I didn't focus on watching his defensive efforts today, but he moved the footy nicely offensively on a few occasions

McLarty - building ok, good defensively and starting to add some little lumbering runs to his game, still lacks confidence by foot often handballing instead of kicking, but is worth persisting with

Mackie - I was surprised how focal he was on the boundary, as for one the field he wasn't one who caught my eye

Schade - seems a completely different player than he was 12 weeks ago and if he keeps trending downwards he may struggle to hold his spot on the list. If he does hold his place adding core strength should be an area of focus, dropped 3 marks he should have taken that cost us goals today and gave up another couple through bad decisions (1 spoil, 1 turnover)

Phillips - in and out of the game and won't (or shouldn't) earn a recall on today's performance. Looked to play between the flanks, had a bit of footy, but was also fumbly at times

Aish - moved ok in the centre, including some nice runs onto play after starting behind the contest

White - played mostly forward with the odd stint in the ruck, presented well at times, but most of our forward delivery went to Cox

Daicos - played mostly on the wing today, moves well, but I was most impressed today by his desire to tackle - at one stage he would have laid 3 in half a minute

Mayne - played high half forward and provided a nice target as we transitioned the footy forward

Broomhead - close to best on ground, would have had high stats and his body movement and positioning was good in the centre, a few mistakes on hand and foot though

Kirby - not as much impact today, but often found himself leading to the same footy as Cox. On more than a few occasions he baulked after seeing that Cox was in a better (front) position to contest. Had a purple patch late in the game after kicking his first goal for the game

Cox - in recent weeks when White and Lynch were also in the side Cox played as a stay at home forward, this wasn't the case today though and he would have played 40-50% in the ruck. With his height it's not surprising he dominates the hit outs, but needs to direct them this dominance better. Presented well as a forward too.

Keeffe - started the match in the forward line and while he competed well he didn't see a lot of footy. Was moved back half way through the third quarter where he provided some nice straight line run and carry. Confidence is up and I'd be picking him in the seniors once a position opens up

Lynch - with the ruck load spread between Cox, White and himself he didn't seem to get as many minutes today. Did take an overhead mark in the goal square, which was nice to see

Wills - another who didn't look to get as much footy today, but he really looked take on the enforcer role in the contest today, often bumping an opponent to create space for the likes of Broomhead and Aish

Brown - went into the contest hard

Hellier - provided a lively option when shifted forward

Hore - one of best, was great down back with numerous intercept marks followed up with some nice kicks

Pendlebury - I didn't get to Geelong last week, it's good seeing him back out there
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:15 am

Thanks for the report, Barrackers! Very informative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: